Bright and Robins (8 Viewers)

usskyblue

You do not want a debate and do not want it discussed for some odd reason

Attempting to miss the point. Classic.
But seeing as you drew the picture, I’ll color it in… for old times’ sake:

With some people it’s not a debate or a discussion is it? It’s a mindless pile-on by the usual suspects spouting off bollox about something they have zero knowledge of… or, alternatively, logging on to say; ‘Just bin him off’. So don’t try and tell me that this is a big healthy fucking debate or discussion.

My personal feelings on the matter? I’m open minded enough to understand there are facts unknown. I’m also comfortable that those in charge of the situation at the club (that do know all the circumstances) will deal with it.

Now. Where were you before Nick gave you the exciting news that one of your sheeple started a thread about you? The interim, mind you, was your best work in a while.

Grendel

With some people it’s not a debate or a discussion is it? It’s a mindless pile-on by the usual suspects spouting off bollox about something they have zero knowledge of… or, alternatively, logging on to say; ‘Just bin him off’. So don’t try and tell me that this is a big healthy fucking debate or discussion.

My personal feelings on the matter? I’m open minded enough to understand there are facts unknown. I’m also comfortable that those in charge of the situation at the club (that do know all the circumstances) will deal with it.

Now. Where were you before Nick gave you the exciting news that one of your sheeple started a thread about you? The interim, mind you, was your best work in a while.

So why are you constantly fixating on it then? Very strange.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Surely, 'bin him off' is just a point of view? Given his reputation, and the way the current path seems to be going in the same direction, you could be forgiven for thinking some people don't have a lot of patience for someone who has already used up a lot of good will.

You have a habit of either sitting on the fence, or in a lot of cases trying to say the obvious in an attempt to 'virtue-signal' (bingo, for those that are playing). A lot of the time that is fine, but it gets a bit boring in a thread like this where you won't allow anything bad said about someone who, well, has done bad things.

I think every single person would be delighted if he turned around and started playing immensely, but being realistic, I think most people know that the chances of that happening are not very realistic.

usskyblue

Surely, 'bin him off' is just a point of view? Given his reputation, and the way the current path seems to be going in the same direction, you could be forgiven for thinking some people don't have a lot of patience for someone who has already used up a lot of good will.

You have a habit of either sitting on the fence, or in a lot of cases trying to say the obvious in an attempt to 'virtue-signal' (bingo, for those that are playing). A lot of the time that is fine, but it gets a bit boring in a thread like this where you won't allow anything bad said about someone who, well, has done bad things.

I think every single person would be delighted if he turned around and started playing immensely, but being realistic, I think most people know that the chances of that happening are not very realistic.

Posts about my MO and drops the 13,001st virtue-signal reference… and then talks about being ‘a bit boring.’

‘I won't allow anything bad said about someone who, well, has done bad things.’ ?

Exactly where on this thread have I said that ? I deal in facts not gossip or bollox. I don’t know where this is headed, even the ITK’s have been inaccurate. I trust the club to take the correct course of action. What’s wrong with that as an opinion?

COV

Posts about my MO and drops the 13,001st virtue-signal reference… and then talks about being ‘a bit boring.’

‘I won't allow anything bad said about someone who, well, has done bad things.’ ?

Exactly where on this thread have I said that ? I deal in facts not gossip or bollox. I don’t know where this is headed, even the ITK’s have been inaccurate. I trust the club to take the correct course of action. What’s wrong with that as an opinion?

Its not a real Earlsdon post if he doesn't whine about virtue signalling somewhere in it

COV

Just like the recruitment was a disgrace, just like Hyam isn't good enough, just like Moore was a shite signing, just like Allen was bomb squad material, just like Robins needs a taxi out of here. The list of knee-jerk pile-ons which have been proved badly wrong is pretty long at this stage.

And when its pointed out that perhaps waiting to see might be an idea- if only to avoid looking silly- its the inevitable "You are trying to shut down debate".

clint van damme

Motivation is the bottom line- if it was me I'd be looking at the table and thinking "I could potentially be a premiership player next year", not sure what more incentive there is really.

Young men can be immature and make bad decisions no matter what the potential benefits of knuckling down are. I was an absolute idiot at his age and would no doubt have fucked it up if I'd had his talent.
But unfortunately it happens often and I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn out to be another example.

Nick

Administrator
Just like the recruitment was a disgrace, just like Hyam isn't good enough, just like Moore was a shite signing, just like Allen was bomb squad material, just like Robins needs a taxi out of here. The list of knee-jerk pile-ons which have been proved badly wrong is pretty long at this stage.

And when its pointed out that perhaps waiting to see might be an idea- if only to avoid looking silly- its the inevitable "You are trying to shut down debate".

How many of those were actual knee jerk pile ons or just a couple of people?

COV

Young men can be immature and make bad decisions no matter what the potential benefits of knuckling down are. I was an absolute idiot at his age and would no doubt have fucked it up if I'd had his talent.
But unfortunately it happens often and I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn out to be another example.

Sadly you may well be right there. I just can't see MR tolerating it if it gets to the point it causes dissention or discontent in the other players- only going on what we see on the pitch but there's certainly no lack of spirit at the min

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You are comparing apples and oranges, and if you need me to connect the dots for you, there is one key difference between what you are saying there, and the Bright situation.

All those scenarios above have proved doubters wrong. Bright continues to 'flatter to deceive'.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Well, it is true. You come on to nearly every thread to state the obvious or go hunting for likes. You always rest on the side of virtue wherever possible, and in this particular thread it has just come across as a bit silly.

No one wants the lad to fail, but people realise he is confirming their suspicions that he is a waste of a salary so far. It isn't about 'the manager knows what he is doing so I won't comment on it', if it was, you wouldn't be having a go at people for stating they want him gone. It is about shooting people down who think he is a waste of space to make yourself appear morally superior, but then being in denial when said manager actually comes out and says he needs to work harder. If a family member had genuinely died, you really think Robins would have been that cold? He isn't like that at all, which you surely must know. In which case, it looks like Bright has lied about a family member dying. That isn't something that sits right with me at all, and I think most people on this thread are in agreement with that.

COV

You are comparing apples and oranges, and if you need me to connect the dots for you, there is one key difference between what you are saying there, and the Bright situation.

All those scenarios above have proved doubters wrong. Bright continues to 'flatter to deceive'.

I don't know how he can be flattering to deceive when he's played 0 minutes in league games.

Did he actually say that, that a family member had died?

usskyblue

Well, it is true. You come on to nearly every thread to state the obvious or go hunting for likes. You always rest on the side of virtue wherever possible, and in this particular thread it has just come across as a bit silly.

No one wants the lad to fail, but people realise he is confirming their suspicions that he is a waste of a salary so far. It isn't about 'the manager knows what he is doing so I won't comment on it', if it was, you wouldn't be having a go at people for stating they want him gone. It is about shooting people down who think he is a waste of space to make yourself appear morally superior, but then being in denial when said manager actually comes out and says he needs to work harder. If a family member had genuinely died, you really think Robins would have been that cold? He isn't like that at all, which you surely must know.

‘a bit silly’

Why are you paragraphing me to death on ‘no one wants the lad to fail’ ? I literally said that on this thread earlier.

You’re all over the map. So sensitive one minute and then giving it the biggun the next. Getting all touchy about a sensible appraisal of this situation and then calling people c-units when we go 1-0 down in the first game of the season ? You’re even blubbering about people ‘liking’ what I post. They ‘like’ it because they agree with it ffs. Have a whine at them if you don’t like it.

The weird thing is; we’re not a million miles from sharing the same opinion on the matter. Just seems your more interested in having a pop.

Grendel

I don't know how he can be flattering to deceive when he's played 0 minutes in league games.

Did he actually say that, that a family member had died?

A couple of people in the know have given identical versions of this and its a stunt he has previously used

Grendel

You are very strange.

He hasn't played any minutes as a defence isn't the take you think it is.

He played about 15 minutes at his last club and the manager then threw him out and he ended up in the Indian pub league

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

‘a bit silly’

Why are you paragraphing me to death on ‘no one wants the lad to fail’ ? I literally said that on this thread earlier.

You’re all over the map. So sensitive one minute and then giving it the biggun the next. Getting all touchy about a sensible appraisal of this situation and then calling people c-units when we go 1-0 down in the first game of the season ? You’re even blubbering about people ‘liking’ what I post. They ‘like’ it because they agree with it ffs. Have a whine at them if you don’t like it.

The weird thing is; we’re not a million miles from sharing the same opinion on the matter. Just seems your more interested in having a pop.

The count will only continue to rise if you keep producing the same song over and over.

It's also a bit odd trying to defend this by mentioning comments I made on the first game of the season whilst pissed. My posts are dynamic, or 'all over the map' if that's what you want to call it, but by and large I have passion for the club and it comes out in sometimes good and sometimes stupid ways. Many of us on here are guilty of the same.

I just don't get why you have to be so emotionally blunted on issues such like this. If you think Bright is a twat, just come out and say it instead of trying to phrase your posts the way you do. I would certainly have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try and take the moral superiority all the time.

Grendel

Still not fit and robins not happy how long it’s taking is my guess

Bright trying to get fit

giphy.gif

COV

You are very strange.

He hasn't played any minutes as a defence isn't the take you think it is.

I'm not defending anything, just correcting your poor choice of words.

Why do you think I'm defending Bright when all thats happening is that I'm not automatically joining the "bin him" style of 'debate'?

COV

A couple of people in the know have given identical versions of this and its a stunt he has previously used

So basically you are going off what other people have said.

I didn't know if this was an actual fact or another rumour to add to the list.

usskyblue

The count will only continue to rise if you keep producing the same song over and over.

It's also a bit odd trying to defend this by mentioning comments I made on the first game of the season whilst pissed. My posts are dynamic, or 'all over the map' if that's what you want to call it, but by and large I have passion for the club and it comes out in sometimes good and sometimes stupid ways. Many of us on here are guilty of the same.

I just don't get why you have to be so emotionally blunted on issues such like this. If you think Bright is a twat, just come out and say it instead of trying to phrase your posts the way you do. I would certainly have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try and take the moral superiority all the time.

Jesus H Christ
Like I’m here to gain your respect ?

So, by saying I trust management to deal with it because they know the facts, I’m morally superior?

And, by your thinking; I’m better off listening to the hearsay/utter bollox on here and saying; ‘Bright is a twat’ ?

You are all over the map

Liquid Gold

Weird that there was no faux outrage when Kasta had been bomb squaded and people said they wanted rid of him.

The only thing I can think of is that he had a few good games in league 1 a few years ago so people can't get over him

Grendel

usskyblue

No? Its a thread about DIM and I am offering an opinion - with the evidence heavily weighted on my viewpoint

Bright’s future is in the hands of others and it’ll go one way or the other. I’ll judge when I know the facts. But then, that’s not why you’re here is it? Opinion my arse, you’re wumming.

‘DIM’ is calling for a taxi more than once.

Irish Sky Blue

Weird that there was no faux outrage when Kasta had been bomb squaded and people said they wanted rid of him.

The only thing I can think of is that he had a few good games in league 1 a few years ago so people can't get over him
I think the difference might have been that Robins sent him to the bomb squad. If he does the same with Bright then fair enough. When that happens, it will delight some people on here sadly.

Reactions: COV

Grendel

Bright’s future is in the hands of others and it’ll go one way or the other. I’ll judge when I know the facts. But then, that’s not why you’re here is it? Opinion my arse, you’re wumming.

‘DIM’ is calling for a taxi more than once.

The facts are:

He got thrown out of Wolves
He got thrown out of Kilmarnock
He got thrown out of Wigan
He got his contract ripped up at AEK Athens

Er..................

Users who are viewing this thread