Brian Roberts on CWR (1 Viewer)

Otis

Don't know if anyone else picked up on this yesterday, but Harry was saying he'd been asking a few questions behind the scenes at the club. Questions that are not usually asked.

He says he was told by a few people that previously (under Thorn and Shaw) it was all quite easy going around the club and training ground and players could turn up to training late and when they wanted etc.

Harry says he was told that the change now has been that MR is strict and players are now being fined for being late and that he had brought order and discipline.

So maybe from pally pally to regimented?

It's clearly worked!

Was always a bit concerned that at times it seemed like a jolly boys outing when Thorn was in charge.

MR is definitely exactly what this club needs right now.

Grendel

Yes I heard that - no doubt its all totally untrue.

Given the squad last season was so unfit and also were for the first dozen this season it is obviously true.....

ccfc92

Yes I heard that - no doubt its all totally untrue.

Given the squad last season was so unfit and also were for the first dozen this season it is obviously true.....

is that sarcasm or... :facepalm:

maybe AT didnt know how to man manage, so thought the best way was to let players get away with everything? :thinking about:

Grendel

is that sarcasm or... :facepalm:

maybe AT didnt know how to man manage, so thought the best way was to let players get away with everything? :thinking about:

People will deny it but it was obvious.

Last season the players were out of condition and were no better at the start of this season.

The job was just beyond his ability. I suspect the sacking had as much to do with these factors as anything else but fisher and waggot were to blame for believing anything would improve.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last season the players were out of condition and were no better at the start of this season.

The job was just beyond his ability. I suspect the sacking had as much to do with these factors as anything else but fisher and waggot were to blame for believing anything would improve.

Clear evidence of the players' unfitness is Brizzle City, our players were fu led after 30-40m, it was a joke.

I'm glad we don't have a pushover as manager,

However, tbf to Thorn, his predecessor was AB, who was really strict and rigid so maybe AT reacted to that by being a 'holiday camp' manager.

ccfc92

Good, glad to hear people talking sense for once :)

I just wish MR had of been appointed for the Yeovil game. Or after the Southampton game. But what's done is done. We improve from here :D

ccfc92

Clear evidence of the players' unfitness is Brizzle City, our players were fu led after 30-40m, it was a joke.

However, tbf to Thorn, his predecessor was AB, who was really strict and rigid so maybe AT reacted to that by being a 'holiday camp' manager.

I get what you mean SBT. But most of the players under AB were gone by the Leicester game. So there was a chance to install discipline :thinking about:

Otis

What, with AT as Ted Bovis?

Sorry, that is my criticising a former CCFC employee and that is not allowed. We should not poke fun at anyone associated with the club EVER!!!

:whistle:

Otis

Where are the

FFS drop it
Ancient history
Yawn
Change the record
Leave it
Stop going on

brigade......

It was Harry Roberts who brought it up. Seems quite clear there was a lackadaisical feel about the place.

Don't think we need to keep just regurgitating things, but this is new info and supposedly insider info.

This may well have greatly contributed to our being relegated, so it is important.

Greggs

One of AT's famous quote. "Kevin Kilbane is as fit as a butchers dog" As well fed maybe..

dongonzalos

It was Harry Roberts who brought it up. Seems quite clear there was a lackadaisical feel about the place.

Don't think we need to keep just regurgitating things, but this is new info and supposedly insider info.

This may well have greatly contributed to our being relegated, so it is important.

I am not having a pop at you Otis it just seems anytime anybody puts a counter view point not attacking AT all of the above is thrown at them.

Hence I now have a News Years Resolution to not even bother defending him.

dongonzalos

So do you actually know what Harry said and who he has been speaking to. Now AT has gone I can't imagine anyone would be too concerned about admitting it.

Grendel

I am not having a pop at you Otis it just seems anytime anybody puts a counter view point not attacking AT all of the above is thrown at them.

Hence I now have a News Years Resolution to not even bother defending him.

Only because its clearly indefensible. Fitness and also on pitch communication have improved dramatically since his departure.

Otis

So do you actually know what Harry said and who he has been speaking to. Now AT has gone I can't imagine anyone would be too concerned about admitting it.

He just said he decided to ask behind the scenes and asked the questions no-one else had been asking (or dared to ask).

Am guessing it was players, coaches and club officials.

Grendel

Baker had a laugh on Facebook with some fans about the training. Also made a point in an interview just after robins appointment that he really enjoyed the training regime set up with robins.

Otis

Harry talked a lot of sense to be honest.

Quite refreshing and said it as it was.

He should know all about Christie's defending, being a right back himself.

dongonzalos

He just said he decided to ask behind the scenes and asked the questions no-one else had been asking (or dared to ask).

Am guessing it was players, coaches and club officials.

Interesting, it is surprising it has taken this long to get out.
Especially wants the component was sorted and the way SISU use propaganda. I would have thought they would have leaked it before doing a deal with AT.

dongonzalos

Baker had a laugh on Facebook with some fans about the training. Also made a point in an interview just after robins appointment that he really enjoyed the training regime set up with robins.

With the danger of getting sucked into a debate in which I end up defending him again.

Have you looked at everything baker said when AT left?

What did he actually say on Facebook?

cloughie

Harry said it on CWR before the game at about 2pm.

players turned up when they felt like it a slack attitude

MR has brought in discipline turn up on time or fine they are told what is expected and left in no doubt of that he is boss

All paraphrased but the gist of it

Moff

With the danger of getting sucked into a debate in which I end up defending him again.

Have you looked at everything baker said when AT left?

What did he actually say on Facebook?

Yes he made reference to the clearly inadequate training regime under Thorn, and the lack of discipline.

I think he also said 'thank god the numbnuts and completely clueless usless turd of a manager has gone' when Thorn was sacked......................ok that was a lie it wasnt baker who said that it was me, and then I had a party to celebrate!

hill83

Where are the

FFS drop it
Ancient history
Yawn
Change the record
Leave it
Stop going on

brigade......

All the above comments are usually aimed at you along with the subject matter rather than the subject alone.

Grendel

He said nothing that can't be rectified with some coaching and hard work.

Well at least we know this season he will get that - unlike last.

Mucca Mad Boys

I get what you mean SBT. But most of the players under AB were gone by the Leicester game. So there was a chance to install discipline :thinking about:

I was only trying to understand why he was a pushover. It did appear to work after Thorn was appointed.

I think a manager should be strict, that said, there is a very fine line between strict, and being a loathed manager, leading to a players' revolt. I also don't think a manager should be particularly democratic either.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair Don your defence of AT reminds me of those Japanese soldiers who surrendered in the 70s. Hopefully it will take you less time than them to realise we are infinitely better off without Thorn than we ever would be with him.

cloughie

To be fair Don your defence of AT reminds me of those Japanese soldiers who surrendered in the 70s. Hopefully it will take you less time than them to realise we are infinitely better off without Thorn than we ever would be with him.

LOL top post

lordsummerisle

Think that Dongle admitting that Thorn isn't a very good manager is as likely as hearing a farmer say "Mustn't grumble".

Users who are viewing this thread