Brian Richardson. (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Did I read something about Richardson having an involvement in the company decontaminating the land? I’m sure it cost way more than anticipated at the time.
He instructed the subcontractor I think and they didn’t realise the level of contamination.... really unbelievable

tisza

The main reason Ricoh happened was because of fingers in the pie. HR could and should have been re-designed. Loads of land there if we count the old Mercer’s site which the club owned. There were a few people connected to ccfc at the time came out a lot wealthier than they were at the beginning.
Ricoh was a fantasist's dream project.
Started without the proper financing in place or the land actually owned.
Typical Richardson "we'll have a punt and see what happens".

torchomatic

Ricoh was a fantasist's dream project.
Started without the proper financing in place or the land actually owned.
Typical Richardson "we'll have a punt and see what happens".

I've said a million times on here, I really can't remember a big appetite to move from HR. The new East Stand was brilliant, they could have done that on the remaining three sides and had a tidy stadium more than adequate for our needs. The Ricoh should have been named Richardson's Folly.

tisza

Did I read something about Richardson having an involvement in the company decontaminating the land? I’m sure it cost way more than anticipated at the time.
Got messy as the Dutch company did some of the work. Went for payment but couldn't get paid. They found out we didn't actually own the British Gas land so they went straight to them and bought the land.
Then apparently sold it on to the council for 20m who then straightaway sold 30 acres of it to Tesco for around 60 million.

Users who are viewing this thread