Brexit Benefits (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

So the problems being caused by the large amount of refugees is nothing to do with the EU?

It has been made worse by FoM. The economic migrants knew once in mainland Europe they could get where they want. But as you well know it is now causing major problems for the countries where they land. Yet FoM is used as only a good thing.

What do you think of Hungary being close to Russia and using their veto on just about everything? The veto was supposed to be nothing but a good thing.

What's your view on farmers right through Europe protesting about losing most of their handouts? With us being one if the major funders it just coincides with us leaving. But I was also supposed to be wrong about this also.

How about countries around Europe wanting better deals with the UK? The only ones that don't want them are those running the EU. They don't want their project to get into danger. This also wasn't supposed to happen.

Yet if you turn a blind eye to these points and many more Brexit was a disaster to the UK and just a blip to Europe.

If Italy was to leave the EU tomorrow, refugees would still arrive in the country because it's one of the nearest EU countries to northern Africa. To claim otherwise is just ridiculous.

From what I am aware, a lot of farmers are protesting about plans to introduce bans on pesticides, which seems to have been shelved as of today. They're also not happy in Italy about cheap imports into Italy from China, I think, which I think is due to Italy have an agreement with China, which is planned to be shelved.

Kneeza

They just sent me my new passport. Looks black to me. They told me it was blue.
Bastards.

(And there's three pictures of me in it. One was bad enough).

skybluetony176

If Italy was to leave the EU tomorrow, refugees would still arrive in the country because it's one of the nearest EU countries to northern Africa
Not to mention that the Italian mafia are one of the biggest facilitators of people trafficking from Africa. They aren’t suddenly going to stop that if Italy leaves the EU.

Astute

And then fucked off to France to beat Brexit

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Exactly.

In the early days I saw the benefits of leaving. I thought that they outweighed what we would lose. I have stated them above. But as the finer details came out it made it a more difficult choice. The more details that came out the more remain looked the better deal.

What makes me laugh is we had someone openly making racist comments. Then he said he voted BNP and tried to drum up support for them. When he joined this debate he was welcomed with open arms and his past racism was soon forgotten about. Is Skybluetony176 still involved in this? He got a lot less shite for his racism than I have for struggling to get my head around this. Tells me all I need to know.

This thread was actually a godsend to me. I had never noticed before how what I said and how it sounded could be so different. But hey ho such is life.

Astute

If Italy was to leave the EU tomorrow, refugees would still arrive in the country because it's one of the nearest EU countries to northern Africa. To claim otherwise is just ridiculous.

From what I am aware, a lot of farmers are protesting about plans to introduce bans on pesticides, which seems to have been shelved as of today. They're also not happy in Italy about cheap imports into Italy from China, I think, which I think is due to Italy have an agreement with China, which is planned to be shelved.
Not true though is it.

Sick Boy

Not true though is it.

The first sentence in the article - Farmers have expressed anger at what they say are excessively restrictive regulations on agriculture and unfair competition, among other grievances.

BTW, there were only 150 tractors in Rome (as per your article) and in Milan a small group walked a cow through the streets the other day in protest.

Italy's deal with China being shelved - Italy’s 'arrivederci’ to China’s BRI could be a template for others

Astute

The first sentence in the article - Farmers have expressed anger at what they say are excessively restrictive regulations on agriculture and unfair competition, among other grievances.

BTW, there were only 150 tractors in Rome (as per your article) and in Milan a small group walked a cow through the streets the other day in protest.

Italy's deal with China being shelved - Italy’s 'arrivederci’ to China’s BRI could be a template for others
I like the way you missed out the 400m of concessions offered to the Italian farmers. You also missed out the tax concessions lost on diesel for farmers which becomes law in Italy this year.

Honest debate?

Sick Boy

I like the way you missed out the 400m of concessions offered to the Italian farmers. You also missed out the tax concessions lost on diesel for farmers which becomes law in Italy this year.

Honest debate?
What? The EU has increased agricultural aid to Italy from €5bn to €8bn.

I thought you were going on about the EU rather than domestic policies in countries? Why are you now going into domestic policy?

Astute

What? The EU has increased agricultural aid to Italy from €5bn to €8bn.
The Italian government made it law that diesel concessions are to be lost this year. Now they have offered them 400m to stop the protests.

Here is also an income tax break taken away Screenshot_20240206_160025_Samsung Internet.jpg

Astute

There you go. A smiley face instead of a reply.

Astute

I'm happy to chat about Italian life and the government's policies, if you really want to, but I thought this was a Brexit/EU thread.
So all these farmer protests are to do with their own governments and nothing to do with anything else?

I'll leave you to your love fest with Tony.

wingy

So all these farmer protests are to do with their own governments and nothing to do with anything else?

More to do with big agro?
Been hotchpotch for a spell now,,grown in a lab?

Sick Boy

Yeah, the anger is mostly aimed at the Government and domestic policies.

Astute

Yeah, the anger is mostly aimed at the Government and domestic policies.
You make out that it is nothing to do with the EU. You have always made out the same.

How are they supposed to protest against the EU? They protest against their own governments in hope. But now they have started protesting against the EU as governments can't make decisions.

Would they protest against the EU if they have nothing to do with it as you try to make out?

Screenshot_20240206_192059_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sick Boy

You make out that it is nothing to do with the EU. You have always made out the same.

How are they supposed to protest against the EU? They protest against their own governments in hope. But now they have started protesting against the EU as governments can't make decisions.

Would they protest against the EU if they have nothing to do with it as you try to make out?

View attachment 33886
The Italian government clearly has been able to make decisions, as you stated earlier.

Astute

The Italian government clearly has been able to make decisions, as you stated earlier.
Yes on what they have changed. But as you know they can't force the EU to change what they decide.

So have the farmers demonstrated at the EU for changes their own governments have decided to do?

You said people in the EU don't care about the UK. I showed you that the Germans want closer ties. You ignored it totally.

You don't want a debate. You just want to praise everything against the UK even if it isn't true. You are happy to continue with a racist amongst us because he agrees with you on this.

Don't worry I won't come on this thread again.

Sick Boy

Yes on what they have changed. But as you know they can't force the EU to change what they decide.

So have the farmers demonstrated at the EU for changes their own governments have decided to do?

You said people in the EU don't care about the UK. I showed you that the Germans want closer ties. You ignored it totally.

You don't want a debate. You just want to praise everything against the UK even if it isn't true. You are happy to continue with a racist amongst us because he agrees with you on this.

Don't worry I won't come on this thread again.
You're the one who dragged me into it FFS. A German government official is hardly the average person living in the EU. I don't want a debate, no, because I have next to no interest in discussing Brexit.

Astute

You're the one who dragged me into it FFS. A German government official is hardly the average person living in the EU. I don't want a debate, no, because I have next to no interest in discussing Brexit.
Yet you make more posts on a brexit thread than anyone else..........

Bye

skybluetony176

Saw an interesting interview with a woman from save British farming who pointed to an article in the Telegraph saying that the protesting EU farmers have stolen our brexit thunder. She pointed out that the same paper regularly lambasted eu farmers, especially French farmers for their protesting especially on the run up to the referendum as an attack on democracy. She pointed out that the truth is that historically British farmers had benefited from EU farmers protests while we were members as it helped drive change. She then goes on to say that rather than looking at what’s happening over there start paying attention to what is happening over here. The eu farmers still have the benefits of EU subsidies, the EU farmers have protection from 3rd rate trade deals like ours with Australia and New Zealand which are heavily loaded against British farming, the EU farmers enjoy a far more substantial trade deal with Canada than we do as the EU held enough cards to gain favourable tariffs on dairy products while declining hormone injected Canadian beef whereas the UK cheese producers are now facing a 245% tariff on cheese exports to Canada unless we cave in and accept Canadian hormone injected beef etc etc. before you even get into access with our biggest trading partner which has only been made more difficult again at the end of last month.

One of the most important points she made though was on food security. We basically have none now and that has been exposed in a way no one had envisaged before 2016, although to be fair it would have only been dismissed as project fear anyway.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Baby Fail GIF

wingy

Saw an interesting interview with a woman from save British farming who pointed to an article in the Telegraph saying that the protesting EU farmers have stolen our brexit thunder. She pointed out that the same paper regularly lambasted eu farmers, especially French farmers for their protesting especially on the run up to the referendum as an attack on democracy. She pointed out that the truth is that historically British farmers had benefited from EU farmers protests while we were members as it helped drive change. She then goes on to say that rather than looking at what’s happening over there start paying attention to what is happening over here. The eu farmers still have the benefits of EU subsidies, the EU farmers have protection from 3rd rate trade deals like ours with Australia and New Zealand which are heavily loaded against British farming, the EU farmers enjoy a far more substantial trade deal with Canada than we do as the EU held enough cards to gain favourable tariffs on dairy products while declining hormone injected Canadian beef whereas the UK cheese producers are now facing a 245% tariff on cheese exports to Canada unless we cave in and accept Canadian hormone injected beef etc etc. before you even get into access with our biggest trading partner which has only been made more difficult again at the end of last month.

One of the most important points she made though was on food security. We basically have none now and that has been exposed in a way no one had envisaged before 2016, although to be fair it would have only been dismissed as project fear anyway.
It's okay,most thing's taste of cardboard there's plenty of that we can eat,or is that a symptom of what you've got?
Imagine when we go to war we can survive on tablets recommended by the Govt, hugely popular!

Users who are viewing this thread