Breaking news - league letter to Ainsworth (1 Viewer)

ecky

Here's a thought, and I realise it might seem outrageous, but maybe people don't all think the same way as you do.

8000-10000 people on sunday all thought the same!!

SIR ERNIE

It is beyond me how anyone could even begin to try and say Sisu had any worth, any credit, any truth at all. Just lie after lie.
The League are worst than hopeless.
I had another standard reply today from Adam Pomfrett. I'd written to Greg Clark, posted it. & enclosed Adrian Durham's article from The Daily Mail two weeks ago.
Politely I outlined about ten basic points where Sisu had and still were contravening League rules.
Their reply was basically, we can't interfere.
I really despair.
And people on here, I don't know whether they are being wilfully contrary and looking to wind people up, actually give credence to Fisher.
ACL have tried and tried. They haven't been paid. They dropped the rent, again and then again. And still people want them to hand over the ground to a bunch of crooks?
A bunch of crooks who have taken our team from us. Unbelievable.

spot on spionkop.

Grendel

Here's a thought, I think you'll find an awful lot of people do think like Spionkop & I'm one of them
Here's a thought. The words thought and Spion Kop are not natural bedfellows.

SIR ERNIE

@Lesreidpolitics: 3/3 "It's categorically not the case the League failed to apply its own rules as the board retains the right to permit clubs to move ground"

This is unbelievable.

FL are cherry picking which rules it claims to have adhered to. What about the rules and guidelines re 'fit and proper owners' / failure to submit accounts / transparency / players contracts owned by company who doesn't own golden share etc.

I continue to be convinced that the way forward for supporters is a two pronged attack:

1. NOPM = force OTIUM to fold.
2. Massive pressure on FL both directly and v importantly indirectly through the media to embarrass and expose the level of incompetence shown in their awarding of the GS to OTIUM/SISU.

Spionkop

Ecky, Sir Ernie, Snozz, cheers. Maybe Sisu moving the club to Liverpool or somewhere might, just might, make people wake up. They're quite capable of doing anything.
Honestly I despair.
Just have a feeling that if we stick together we'll get the team back in the city. Sooner rather than later.
Let the others argue fine points of law all day if they want.

They were irrelevant so why mention them?

Not really irrelevant when they are talking about the actions of ACL in not signing the CVA has caused the situation..HMRC also did not sign the CVA. If ACL had signed the CVA it still would have been vetoed by HMRC's refusal to sign.

Grappa

Yes, unlikely to be literally true, however as a general guide to the general views of the generality of people there - generally true.

Of course, but the point was that he believes those who disagree with him are being wilfully contrary or on the wind up. I was giving an alternative possibility.

NorthernWisdom

Yes, unlikely to be literally true, however as a general guide to the general views of the generality of people there - generally true.

I would suggest it depends which part you decide on however.

Reports back, reports at the time, speaking to people who were there, it does seem the prevailing mood would be a positive assertion of Coventry in Coventry.

Beyond that, things get a little more complex.

It is of course why divisions get greater and greater on this site and others however, the desire to categorise and paint into exact corners, the desire to descend to petty bickering as opposed to seeking out the common ground.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I would suggest it depends which part you decide on however.

Reports back, reports at the time, speaking to people who were there, it does seem the prevailing mood would be a positive assertion of Coventry in Coventry.

Beyond that, things get a little more complex.

It is of course why divisions get greater and greater on this site and others however, the desire to categorise and paint into exact corners, the desire to descend to petty bickering as opposed to seeking out the common ground.

The general mood could I think very fairly be described as both Cov in Cov and anti-SISU.

The specific views of those I spoke to (a small sample to be fair) could I think very fairly be described as both Cov in Cov and anti-SISU.

I'm sure that there were others with different views, but I didn't speak to them and they were certainly not vocal in a noticeable way.

ArchieLittle

This statement beggars belief. The permission to ground share was granted long before the CVA was turned down. The whole premise of the FL actions has been the only other choice was expulsion. There were lots of choices, but none of them suited a SISU appointed administrator.

Grendel

My understanding was that HMRC was also a major ( not as major as some others) creditor therefore would need to also sign off on it??

You thought wrong. There were 3 unsecured creditors - Higgs centre trust, the council and the revenue.

Grappa

One day I might do something on a larger sample, just for the craic, like.

Wonder if the results would be accepted here and elsewhere unless the results tallied with the rules of the game ;)

I'd accept the results if you made your data and methodology freely available. I think you'd need a sample size of at least 500 though.

Snozz_is_god

You thought wrong. There were 3 unsecured creditors - Higgs centre trust, the council and the revenue.

You're wrong grendal, mr know it all

Straight off the CCFC website on the day the CVA was rejected:

"At today's reconvened creditors' meeting, all parties except Arena Coventry Limited and HMRC accepted the CVA proposals.

DazzleTommyDazzle

One day I might do something on a larger sample, just for the craic, like.

Wonder if the results would be accepted here and elsewhere unless the results tallied with the rules of the game ;)

There is little evidence that anyone on this site (or others that I won't mention) accept anything that isn't in accordance with their own views (and yes, by implication, I do include myself).

However I think that the circa one thousand home fans attendance for the first home game of the season against attractive (by third division standards) opposition, is probably a pretty good indicator of the (general :)) views of the "larger sample".

Grendel

You're wrong grendal, mr know it all

Straight off the CCFC website on the day the CVA was rejected:

"At today's reconvened creditors' meeting, all parties except Arena Coventry Limited and HMRC accepted the CVA proposals.

So? I repeat there were 3 minor creditors whose acceptance or not had no bearing on the acceptance of the CVA as collectively they were below the threshold. Higgs and the council accepted the revenue did not. If ACL had accepted the revenue as a non substantiated creditor would have been powerless. What do you not understand?

RPHunt

Here's a thought, and I realise it might seem outrageous, but maybe people don't all think the same way as you do.

A little less outrageous than your claims the other night about your racial superiority and if all people think the same way as you, we would be living in the Third Reich.

NorthernWisdom

There is little evidence that anyone on this site (or others that I won't mention) accept anything that isn't in accordance with their own views (and yes, by implication, I do include myself).

However I think that the circa one thousand home fans attendance for the first home game of the season against attractive (by third division standards) opposition, is probably a pretty good indicator of the (general :)) views of the "larger sample".

It is.

Sheer numbers never reveal the nuances however. The conclusions from the numbers are usually spun in 97 different ways depending on whose agenda they need to fit.

That's the problem with where we're at, divisions and no way to move forward, as we're all trying to prove ourselves right rather than to question whether we are right.

It might be that we are right of course ;)

DazzleTommyDazzle

It is.

Sheer numbers never reveal the nuances however. The conclusions from the numbers are usually spun in 97 different ways depending on whose agenda they need to fit.

That's the problem with where we're at, divisions and no way to move forward, as we're all trying to prove ourselves right rather than to question whether we are right.

It might be that we are right of course ;)

Well, I can't speak for you, but I know that I am :)

Grappa

A little less outrageous than your claims the other night about your racial superiority and if all people think the same way as you, we would be living in the Third Reich.

Haha, I wondered who was daft enough to report it. It was a quote from the Brass Eye 'drugs' episode.

"Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone. Good luck"

You going to flag it again?

lordsummerisle

Haha, I wondered who was daft enough to report it. It was a quote from the Brass Eye 'drugs' episode.

"Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone. Good luck"

Somebody really flagged that?

Fucking hell!

Lucky you didn't quote anything from Paedogeddon.

RPHunt

I didn't flag it last time and I won't flag it this time, but I am sure the moderators will soon remove it.

Your vile, racial posturing would shame this forum and all Sky Blue fans if you were a genuine member of either group. However, I suspect that you are a member of some looney right-wing group trawling for members amongst the more feeble minded members.

Grendel

I didn't flag it last time and I won't flag it this time, but I am sure the moderators will soon remove it.

Your vile, racial posturing would shame this forum and all Sky Blue fans if you were a genuine member of either group. However, I suspect that you are a member of some looney right-wing group trawling for members amongst the more feeble minded members.

Well he's targeting the right forum. I assume you've got the blackshirt aleady.

Users who are viewing this thread