Breaking news CITY TO APPEAL (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Not a joint appeal. Holdings have appealed against the 10 points being deducted from them as a result of Ltd. going into administration.

Paul appleton has said that it is a joint appeal.Now Im confused doesn't that prove that they are linked.The circus carries on

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
could do with some clarification.....

From Mr Appleton

""Having spoken to Holdings' legal team, I have advised the appeal can be made on a joint basis between Holdings and Limited on the understanding it does not prejudice my on-going investigation as joint administrator in any way."

Is the administrator working with Holdings as partner or jointly or with? If so does that compromise his position?
If it is a joint appeal does that mean the two are inextricably linked?

Tonylinc

Just seems like a bad move to me. Whether or not we get the 10 points back we are not going to get into the play offs. I feel that the team has lost all its momentum; whether that is due to all this crap going on I really don't know but what I do know is that this appeal has nothing to do with a possible promotion. Sisu are crafty buggers so what the real reason is is anyone's guess

Nonleagueherewecome

They have to appeal as they claim ccfc ltd is a different company to ccfc holdings. Not appealing could be seen as admitting they are as one. Hopefully they will be driving another nail into their coffin.

The Southampton precedent suggests that they don't have a leg to stand on. It smacks of shenanigans, which is where harsher punishment could come in.

Nonleagueherewecome

Weird. It's almost like you DON'T want the points deduction reversed. :confused:

I don't because I want SISU out, essentially. We can't go up if we get the 10 points back anyway. Unless you are incredibly over-optimistic. And this appeal opens up a can of worms.

Grendel

I don't because I want SISU out, essentially. We can't go up if we get the 10 points back anyway. Unless you are incredibly over-optimistic. And this appeal opens up a can of worms.

The league cannot just make some extra point reductions because of an appeal

You are scaremongering

Nonleagueherewecome

I trust in SISU to have made enough dodgy moves to get us into deeper trouble. Not scaremongering, just an opinion-last time I checked that was still allowed?

Grendel

I trust in SISU to have made enough dodgy moves to get us into deeper trouble. Not scaremongering, just an opinion-last time I checked that was still allowed?

Southampton were not docked extra points because of their appeal.

An appeal is immeterial.

Of course everyone has an opinion. You could tell us the world is flat. I would feel duty bound to correct this factual innacuracy.

Nonleagueherewecome

Southampton were not docked extra points because of their appeal.

An appeal is immeterial.

Of course everyone has an opinion. You could tell us the world is flat. I would feel duty bound to correct this factual innacuracy.

I know that! But everything I've seen reported in the past month points to SISU having an extremely dubious arrangement.

RPHunt

From Mr Appleton

""Having spoken to Holdings' legal team, I have advised the appeal can be made on a joint basis between Holdings and Limited on the understanding it does not prejudice my on-going investigation as joint administrator in any way."

Is the administrator working with Holdings as partner or jointly or with? If so does that compromise his position?

I noticed that, but I suspect it is just clumsily phrased - he was appointed as "joint administrator" in the matter of Limited but by using this in the same sentence as "joint basis" (for the appeal) he has caused some ambiguity.

Bluegloucester

I noticed that, but I suspect it is just clumsily phrased - he was appointed as "joint administrator" in the matter of Limited but by using this in the same sentence as "joint basis" (for the appeal) he has caused some ambiguity.
There are 2 administrators for CCFC Ltd, hence joint administrators.

This is bad for football if we win this appeal. The FA punish leagues for going into administration so if we win just how many ltd companies can and will a football club have!!! :facepalm: If we did win the FA would surely have to change the rules again.

Spencer

From Mr Appleton

I don't read it like that. It means that the outcome, if succesful will, dependant upon where the golden share lies, benefit either ltd or holdings so it is in their joint interest it pursue an appeal.

Tad

Sigh...SISU just love making a circus out of everything don't they.

Here we go again...

If sisu do get ten points back they also want us to recieve another three points for the 'win' over the football league so they will expect us to get thirteen points back!!!!

Macca

Utterly beyond me now. I ll keep my head down until its sorted. Don t think we can catch up even if we got 10 points back. Team seems in decline

davebart

My reading is that Appleton can't work out who owns what. He would like CCFC Ltd to have some assets otherwise all they have is £60m of debts which won't help him very much.

He isn't running the club and won't be unless he can establish who owns the show. He therefore can't really stop CCFC (Holdings) Ltd from appealing.

The league appear to be in a bit of a mess as well. My suspicion is that they aren't even sure who they have issued the golden share to. SISUshould be able to make mincemeat of the lot of them.

RPHunt

I find myself quite glad that Holdings have appealed this. We don't know the basis for the appeal, but as they are not (yet) in administration, the appeal must be about the ownership of the Golden Share and this could get interesting.

Football was told only recently to reform or there would be government intervention. MPs on the culture, media and sport select committee were particularly disappointed that proposals to shake up the licensing system had not been implemented. This appeal is the first opportunity, since the report, for the FA and the Football League to grow a pair and to send a message to SISU, and to other toxic owners, that football belongs to the fans and the governing bodies put football and the fans before greed and ego.

Wrightdog

The point of appealing is that we will surely finish higher in position and thus receive a bigger payment from the FL at the end of the season?

georgehudson

& we have of course to await the ultimate deliberations of Mrs Justice Proudman,
in whom i have faith that she will take account of the innocent parties in this,
i.e. Coventry City Fans !!!

rupert_bear

Been involved in appeals in the footie circles a number of times in the past, the format is normally, if a club breaks the competition rules, the competition in this case being the Football League, it is them the FL who disciplines the club within it's rule structure. The right to appeal is always there so it then goes to the FA who make sure basically the competition have acted within their own rule book and that's it really. Nothing extra will be imposed if the FA uphold the football league decision and nothing extra will be imposed by the FL unless other transgresions are found.
The way i read it is this dormant ccfc ltd arm of the business which has been put into administration has thrown the football league a bit and quiet possibly there is no rule regarding this and in my opinion that would mean sisi (the club) are not in breach of any rule.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Now, I don't get this. The Club appealing will make no difference at all to SISU. They're not going to go any quicker or vice versa because we are appealing. No, we might not get the points back, but we won't get punished more if we're unsuccessful. Finally, if we do get the points back then that will give a boost to the players, the fans and to the club. So, I find the attitude of not wanting the appeal/chance of points back really, really puzzling. It's a win-win, nothing to lose, everything to gain situation.

hutch1972

& we have of course to await the ultimate deliberations of Mrs Justice Proudman,
in whom i have faith that she will take account of the innocent parties in this,
i.e. Coventry City Fans !!!

The fans are the last people to be thought of. When Luton were docked points the people concerned had already left the club but that made no difference whatsoever .

Delboycov

Now, I don't get this. The Club appealing will make no difference at all to SISU. They're not going to go any quicker or vice versa because we are appealing. No, we might not get the points back, but we won't get punished more if we're unsuccessful. Finally, if we do get the points back then that will give a boost to the players, the fans and to the club. So, I find the attitude of not wanting the appeal/chance of points back really, really puzzling. It's a win-win, nothing to lose, everything to gain situation.

Unless of course, as many believe, there have been dodgy dealings going on here and even though the FL may not be able to increase the points penalty for simply appealing could take a dim view of the barefaced cheek of our esteemed owners in wasting their time and frankly taking the piss. This may result in them making an example of us when any future punishment is dished out should there be proof of misdemeanours uncovered and give us the maximum penalties they can. I can see both sides though and it would be great to get them back although I see little chance of that happening. It is just so frustrating that through no fault of our own it's the fans as always who suffer.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Scaremongering nonsense. The FL have rules and they have to stick to them, some say they do too rigidly as it is. Regardless of whether they take a "dim view" or not, if we have not broken any further rules then we cannot be punished any further.

EVERY fan of the Club should want those ten points back. It's good for all concerned from the board down to the fans.

Unless of course as many believe there have been dodgy dealings going on here and even though the FL may not be able to increase the points penalty for simply appealing could take a dim view of the barefaced cheek of our esteemed owners in wasting their time and frankly taking the piss. This may result in them making an example of us when any future punishment is dished out should there be proof of misdemeanours uncovered and give us the maximum penalties they can. I can see both sides though and it would be great to get them back although I see little chance of that happening. It is just so frustrating that through no fault of our own it's the fans as always who suffer.

Grendel

Unless of course, as many believe, there have been dodgy dealings going on here and even though the FL may not be able to increase the points penalty for simply appealing could take a dim view of the barefaced cheek of our esteemed owners in wasting their time and frankly taking the piss. This may result in them making an example of us when any future punishment is dished out should there be proof of misdemeanours uncovered and give us the maximum penalties they can. I can see both sides though and it would be great to get them back although I see little chance of that happening. It is just so frustrating that through no fault of our own it's the fans as always who suffer.

Sorry but that's just nonsense there is no extra penalties for an appeal.

Delboycov

Scaremongering nonsense. The FL have rules and they have to stick to them, some say they do too rigidly as it is. Regardless of whether they take a "dim view" or not, if we have not broken any further rules then we cannot be punished any further.

EVERY fan of the Club should want those ten points back. It's good for all concerned from the board down to the fans.

If you don't think we have broken any more rules then you've got more faith in the clowns running the club than many...although that doesn't surprise me. With situations like this a lot of it will come down to interpretation and also whether there was intention to deceive...something that is determined by opinion and not necessarily by rules and regulations set in stone. It's certainly not 'scaremongering'.....it's looking at the bigger picture and the situation as a whole and not with blinkers on. You should try it sometime...

Users who are viewing this thread