Breaking news CITY TO APPEAL (1 Viewer)

mi1o

Call me negative, but i just dont think its gonna make a difference at this point if we do get the points back. I know we'd only be 5 points off the playoffs but the team just seems to have lost its consistency. I think i just want this whole situation to get resolved asap, and start the new season knowing exactly where we stand and not have to worry about whats going on behind the scenes.

Sub

what a joke hope we do not get more points deducted !!! just our luck to be the first club to have more points deducted for appealing :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The Reverend Skyblue

What is the point, and could it grate with the authorities that they are trying to overturn their decision.
They might hit us harder if we get more points for playing illegal players

just leave it alone and move on

Sub

is this desperation on SISU part ? trying to keep hold of the club now they have relised they have put the wrong bit into administration ?

wingy

Well I've lost all sense of reasoning on this now. I don't think getting the points back is the agenda here . Its more breaking the Precedent through this confusion over wording.If they can swing opinion over in the league ,who they have had lengthy season long communication/contact with .They can then carry that viewpoint back into court to see off ACL:confused:

J

Jack Griffin

Here we go...
pandoras-box-2k3ifby.jpg

torchomatic

Eh? Why the negativity? Surely, we don't want to lose ten points, do we? or have I got that wrong, maybe we do want to lose ten point.

rupert_bear

They have to appeal as they claim ccfc ltd is a different company to ccfc holdings. Not appealing could be seen as admitting they are as one. Hopefully they will be driving another nail into their coffin.

TheHellion

we may lose more than that now.as a pushishment for appealling.
The FL can be funny buggers

If they had believed that to be the case, then surely they wouldn't have appealed?

As much as I'd love to see us get the points back, I just don't think we've got any chance. I doubt we'll lose any more for going through an appeal process, but I highly doubt we'll get any back either.

Sawyer

There is no punishment or further points reduction for appealing. So there is nothing to loose in this appeal.

deanocity3

LUTON 2008
Luton Town have lost their appeal against a 10-point deduction issued by the FA for irregularities.The Hatters argued that the decision of the FA regulatory commission was unreasonable and that the sanction they received was excessive, but the FA has upheld its original decision.
"The regulatory commission correctly viewed the offences as most serious breaches of FA rules and regulations," read an FA statement. "This was particularly the case in relation to payments by Luton Town channelled to agents by irregular means through a company rather than through the FA as the rules required.
"The 10-point deduction and the £50,000 fine were expressly stated by the regulatory commission to include an element of deterrent, which the appeal board endorses ... The deduction of 10 points was a heavy sanction, as it was intended to be, but was not excessive as a reflection of the seriousness of the breaches and the need to deter such conduct within football clubs."
Luton are staring at regulation from League Two after the Football League last week imposed a further 20-point penalty. However the FA said the larger points deduction was a separate matter. "It is highly unfortunate for Luton Town and their loyal fans that shortly after the FA regulatory commission reached its decision, the Football League quite separately imposed a 20-point deduction for entirely different actions by Luton Town," added the statement. "The FA appeal board takes the view that the Football League's decision to deduct 20 points was entirely a matter for the Football League."

perhaps if the CCFC players registrations are not where they should be may we have a 20 point deduction

torchomatic

Nope, they've already said that we won't get any additional point deduction for a failed appeal.

we may lose more than that now.as a pushishment for appealling.
The FL can be funny buggers

torchomatic

James Smith

From reading that article it appears that LTD & Holdings are making a joint appeal. Is this wise, aren't they trying to prove that they're separate companies to get the 10 points lifted? Or does it point to the Golden Share being in Ltd and they needed them to appeal also as Holdings doesn't have the share and therefore can't be docked the 10 points only Ltd can?

Sub

so there is two seperate companies one is in administration (that is nothing to do with CCFC but has the golden share?) and one that is not in administration but runs the club ? is that right ? i am stilll confused who has the right to protest and shouldnt the administrator who is running the club have some say in this?

NottsCov

From reading that article it appears that LTD & Holdings are making a joint appeal. Is this wise, aren't they trying to prove that they're separate companies to get the 10 points lifted? Or does it point to the Golden Share being in Ltd and they needed them to appeal also as Holdings doesn't have the share and therefore can't be docked the 10 points only Ltd can?

Not a joint appeal. Holdings have appealed against the 10 points being deducted from them as a result of Ltd. going into administration.

RPHunt

It seems to me that Paul Appleton has undermined any claim that Holdings has to the Golden Share by:

a) Filing the changes to the Memorandum and Articles - today
b) Making it a joint appeal - why has he got involved if he believes that Holdings own the share?

Users who are viewing this thread