Breakaway/Phoenix This Year? (1 Viewer)

Would you support a breakaway created for next season?

• Total voters

mark82

There are a few that voice their opinion quite strongly on setting up a breakaway club or not. It's difficult to judge from comments what the wider consensus is as the usual characters just shout louder and it breaks down into an argument (I'm as guilty as any of this).

It's a simple question, would you support a Phoenix club created for next season?

a) Yes, whatever happens over the next few months.the I would support a breakaway club.
b) Yes, but only if Sisu don't convince me they will return to Coventry.
c) No, not this year. Need to wait and see how things pan out. / No, never.

The Penguin

I'm more in the c) camp than any of the others.

If CCFC ceased to exist, it would have my support.

Until then, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

mark82

I suspect that this is where more will be (option c). Either never or not yet but still think a significant amount will be in the first 2 categories.

Grendel

You should make not never a separate box then we can really see what support there is.

mark82

You should make not never a separate box then we can really see what support there is.

I would have but this was specifically about doing it this year. I suspect very few would say never in any circumstances. Most would support the club if they were reborn after liquidation like Wimbledon,Chester, Halifax & others.

Grendel

I would have but this was specifically about doing it this year. I suspect very few would say never in any circumstances. Most would support the club if they were reborn after liquidation like Wimbledon,Chester, Halifax & others.

Not if the real CCFC are still in existence they won't

TheUKGryphon

You missed option D. - No, Never as I bleed Sky Blue and couldn't bring myself to support any other club whatever their name or location.

If City folded, I'd give up following the sport altogether - simple as.

Put me down for a D.

Greggs

e) polls are as useful as a blowtorch in a hurricane

magic82ball

Hold everything, breaking news, stupot is NOT in favour of a breakaway club. Wow, this is brand new information. Now if only we all knew what covcity4life view on the subject was...

Grendel

Hold everything, breaking news, stupot is NOT in favour of a breakaway club. Wow, this is brand new information. Now if only we all knew what covcity4life view on the subject was...

The majority aren't and of the people who actually attend games and don't just hurl abuse from the Eiger its a significant majority.

ajsccfc

I'd echo this, although at the moment I couldn't imagine supporting a reborn club. Were oblivion to happen though, that might change so I can't say for sure.

Monners

Too early for this, particularly in light of the FL developments today. Our plight is still pretty high profile, so we must keep up the (peaceful) protests and pressure for at least the next few months. Have a pause at the end of the season if needed in order to have a rational and proper conversation on the subject - we will know more by then.

SkyBlueSwiss

The majority aren't and of the people who actually attend games and don't just hurl abuse from the Eiger its a significant majority.

How do I turn this ridiculous twat off? Surely there is a way I can turn him off so I don't even see his stupidity anymore?

mark82

You missed option D. - No, Never as I bleed Sky Blue and couldn't bring myself to support any other club whatever their name or location.

If City folded, I'd give up following the sport altogether - simple as.

Put me down for a D.

Erm.... that is C)

mark82

Based on what? I attend games regularly and this is the reason I am in favour, because I miss it. I know many in favour who go regularly. I also know people who don't go that are dead against a new club because ccfc being in Northampton makes no real difference to them.

theferret

Another day, another 'Phoenix Club' thread/poll. Every time the consensus is that while CCFC still exists people will not desert it, yet people keep asking the same question.

Until there is no CCFC then, as somebody suggested earlier today, you can stick your wishy-washy Phoenix Club idea up your arse.

By all means, go and watch Coventry Athletic play in division 26 in front of hundreds. I'll be watching Coventry City Football Club, founded 1883.

mark82

Too early for this, particularly in light of the FL developments today. Our plight is still pretty high profile, so we must keep up the (peaceful) protests and pressure for at least the next few months. Have a pause at the end of the season if needed in order to have a rational and proper conversation on the subject - we will know more by then.

Which development in particular? I'm assuming not the one where they said they couldn't guarantee CCFC returning to Coventry?

mark82

Another day, another 'Phoenix Club' thread/poll. Every time the consensus is that while CCFC still exists people will not desert it, yet people keep asking the same question.

Until there is no CCFC then, as somebody suggested earlier today, you can stick your wishy-washy Phoenix Club idea up your arse.

By all means, go and watch Coventry Athletic play in division 26 in front of hundreds. I'll be watching Coventry City Football Club, founded 1883.

Actually it is a 50/50 split almost exactly. Not sure how you can see a clear consensus either way from that.

Otis

There are a few that voice their opinion quite strongly on setting up a breakaway club or not. It's difficult to judge from comments what the wider consensus is as the usual characters just shout louder and it breaks down into an argument (I'm as guilty as any of this).

It's a simple question, would you support a Phoenix club created for next season?

a) Yes, whatever happens over the next few months.the I would support a breakaway club.
b) Yes, but only if Sisu don't convince me they will return to Coventry.
c) No, not this year. Need to wait and see how things pan out. / No, never.

Always said I'd happily go and watch a new team while the Sky Blues are away from the city.

Don't see this reasoning that they would somehow be a replacement for CCFC. Doesn't necessarily have to be that way. I see it more as a contingency and the trouble is if you actually wait until CCFC go under before you form a new team you are starting totally from scratch.

Start a new team now and in 5 years time they could have worked their way out of a few leagues and not be too far behind where the City are now.

mark82

Always said I'd happily go and watch a new team while the Sky Blues are away from the city.

Don't see this reasoning that they would somehow be a replacement for CCFC. Doesn't necessarily have to be that way. I see it more as a contingency and the trouble is if you actually wait until CCFC go under before you form a new team you are starting totally from scratch.

Start a new team now and in 5 years time they could have worked their way out of a few leagues and not be too far behind where the City are now.

I agree to a certain extent. Wouldn't ever truly leave ccfc behind. I would personally split my time between both teams with ccfc taking preference if both at home. This works for me but probably not others.

tbh444

I put b, not so much that I would support a SISU tinpot stadium even if it was reality, but think the trust's line of giving it a while is sensible just because the recent speed of developments suggests things could be very different in a few months. But if the current situation does drag on until the latter part of the season I think support for an alternative for 2014/15 will start to grow quite strong.

Users who are viewing this thread