brass band of England ... ??????????? (1 Viewer)

classicfooty

for the record im all for the brass band...but iv not had a trumpet blown in my ear........(well since year 5 in middle school and man did i pull her pony tails for it)...........anyway i guees what im asking is are you for or against the england brass band iv been hearing lots of negativity about them of late

Last edited:

Changeyourface

As an outsider, they're an absolute embarrassment. England crowds used to have a decent atmosphere, now it's just 90 minutes of the great escape.

pusbccfc

I love it, like the drum at the Ricoh it far increases the atmosphere!

Otis

I'm all for them. No probs at all. They try to aid to the atmosphere and even though a few moan I'm pretty sure most people don't mind them at all .Can't understand why anyone would describe them as an embarrassment. Find that very puzzling.

ccfctommy

Atmosphere? How the hell is playing The Great Escape and Land of Hope and Glory over and over and over generating an atmosphere!? If anything it has a negative effect as it drowns out the fans.

They ruin England games for me with there crap playing, they get into games for free too. Muppets.

sweeno70

I think they should play a lot more tunes rather than the same old stuff every game ! perhaps a 2tone medley to get the crowd going ???

Otis

Atmosphere? How the hell is playing The Great Escape and Land of Hope and Glory over and over and over generating an atmosphere!? If anything it has a negative effect as it drowns out the fans.

They ruin England games for me with there crap playing, they get into games for free too. Muppets.

Playing Land Of Hope and Glory has a negative effect? :eek::eek::eek:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They just remind me of the bloody racket those vuvuzelas made in the 2010 World Cup! They were banned and so should the band be banned! (How many more times can you fit the word band into a sentence? :))

BurbageSkyBlues

Self preservation, society.
Great escape
Land of hope and glory
God save the queen ( our team?)
England till I die, I'm England till I die
Etc
Etc

If we could have such a repertoire at the Ricoh, we should be chuffed!

Changeyourface

I'm all for them. No probs at all. They try to aid to the atmosphere and even though a few moan I'm pretty sure most people don't mind them at all .Can't understand why anyone would describe them as an embarrassment. Find that very puzzling.

A recent survey showed that 84% of England fans wanted them permenantly banned. They even ruin England games for me, can't stand the manufactured "atmosphere" they create.

Tad

Get them to play different stuff and not as much and I'm fine with them. Otherwise, kick em out. There just annoying.

rob9872

A recent survey showed that 84% of England fans wanted them permenantly banned. They even ruin England games for me, can't stand the manufactured "atmosphere" they create.

And lily most polls they were probably conducted on a forum like this and not representative of those who go. I attend a lot of home internationals and think they are no problem. I also like our block15 drummer (although I wouldn't want to sit next to him)

CCFC123

think it sounds great and nothing wrong with them playing at all? However I have sat 5 rows in front of them at an england game and it does give you a headsche after 30 minutes....:)

Users who are viewing this thread