Brandon Mason (1 Viewer)

TTG

It's really interesting how actually their loan system with 100 odd players out at a time, actually is a really good revenue source, even if they don't make it to the first team. Reminds me of our youth system in a way, and I think seems like something adi particularly is trying to replicate on a small scale

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's really interesting how actually their loan system with 100 odd players out at a time, actually is a really good revenue source, even if they don't make it to the first team. Reminds me of our youth system in a way, and I think seems like something adi particularly is trying to replicate on a small scale

But that just shows why it shouldn't be allowed and caps on the squad numbers regardless of age are needed. It reduces competition and allows big clubs to make huge sums off players they know will never play for them. Standard of football would increase massively if these players were contracted first teamers rather than filling out U23's. They'd be more hunger if these youngsters had to fight their way up from the lower leagues rather than knowing they've got the security of a much bigger wage at a big club to basically be the office junior.

wingy

But that just shows why it shouldn't be allowed and caps on the squad numbers regardless of age are needed. It reduces competition and allows big clubs to make huge sums off players they know will never play for them. Standard of football would increase massively if these players were contracted first teamers rather than filling out U23's. They'd be more hunger if these youngsters had to fight their way up from the lower leagues rather than knowing they've got the security of a much bigger wage at a big club to basically be the office junior.
Agreed, was it the rule change permitting them to all Hoover up the talent roughly 100miles outside of their locale led to this?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Agreed, was it the rule change permitting them to all Hoover up the talent roughly 100miles outside of their locale led to this?

Don't know, but I do seem to remember they did seem to relax the restrictions allowing clubs to look further afield. Obviously they'd argue all clubs could do the same but it clearly worked favourably for bigger clubs. If you're from, say, Oxford and a London club with a big name like Chelsea come calling offering better facilities which are you going to choose? Even at a young age the incentives offered to parents can make a big difference.

I seem to remember they also relaxed criteria to bring in foreign youngsters at one point as I can't see how the youngsters would have met the work permit criteria.

Grendel

Stuck on the payroll then

higgs

Didn't reda have a similar injury tore the hamstring off the bone same with Paul O Connell in the rugby world cup nasty injury

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He’s the clown who said Bakayoko wouldn’t get another league club, I offered him the bet and he said I had to name exactly what league :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread