Boyd going back to Rangers! (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

People still believe we're going to be signing players? What makes people think we will, considering the history of us signing players?

Grendel

People still believe we're going to be signing players? What makes people think we will, considering the history of us signing players?

What history is that? 20+ signings in the past 2 seasons?

skybluebeduff

My point being, don't get any hopes up of signing any players, or believe the spin and wait 5 days until they arrive... :facepalm:

Grendel

Do these 20+ still play for us 2 seasons later?

That's not what you said - you commented the history of signing players - we sign lots of players.

Most league one clubs do lot hold on to large parts of their squad for longer than 18 months.

skybluebeduff

That's not what you said - you commented the history of signing players - we sign lots of players.

Most league one clubs do lot hold on to large parts of their squad for longer than 18 months.

Signings I said, loan signings don't count! That's how your figure has been generated..

skybluebeduff

City Boss Keen To Crack On..
Coventry City manager Steven Pressley has said that he wants to get cracking on signing players straight away.
The City manager will speak to the players he wants and does not want in his squad for next season on Monday and will have a three day break before starting on the task of bringing in players, something a City manager has not been able to do this soon in to the close season the thre last couple of seasons, due to the transfer embargos which have been imposed on the club for late filling of accounts.
"I think we need to get things moving right away. If we could, I would love to tie up some early deals, " Pressley told Keiran Crowley.
"We are in contact with several agents and we have shown our intent to sign several players."

He said that on 02 May....

Today is the 27th of June...

Godiva

Signings I said, loan signings don't count! That's how your figure has been generated..

How come loan signings don't count? Are players on loan not allowed to play?

torchomatic

What history? Hasn't anyone ever signed for us then?

Grendel

How come loan signings don't count? Are players on loan not allowed to play?

So Kevin Malaga counts - David Mcgoldrick doesn't.

Grendel

We've had more loan signings over 2 seasons that go back to their own clubs, if you want to call them signings, then go ahead, i call them loans.

I calculate around 17 signings in two seasons - including 2 season long loans in addition to several loan players some of whom made a significant impact (mcgoldrick, bailey etc.)

Your logic would discount one player who made 100 appearances for the club.

skybluebeduff

I calculate around 17 signings in two seasons - including 2 season long loans in addition to several loan players some of whom made a significant impact (mcgoldrick, bailey etc.)

Your logic would discount one player who made 100 appearances for the club.

How many were loans exactly?
Let's throw stuart urquhart into it all too, another number that makes up nothing.

Astute

We all need to give SISU a round of applause.

They have managed to bring in loans that includes defenders that can't defend, strikers that can't score goals and even managed to get one player in that refused to play for us before the ink had even dried. And we have a manager that doesn't like using loan players. So how much of it was his choice? Yet some want us to believe that it has been a good thing done by SISU.

Grendel

How many were loans exactly?
Let's throw stuart urquhart into it all too, another number that makes up nothing.

Your logic counts Urquhart and excludes David Mcgoldrick.

Gint11

Does it matter? Kris Boyd was never going to come to us. And the story is 2-3 days old. As for Signings, we generally make enough of them usually. We are having to use the loan system though more and more to cover our financial mess.

johnwillomagic

It can't be I'm sure someone with insider knowledge to Pressley said he'd signed for us already......we muat have transferred him onto Rangers as that person could not have been speaking utter crap surely!....:whistle:

W

westcountry_skyblue

Cant really blame Kris Boyd either play in front of 45-50,000 every other week or 1,500.
And for a club that will be going in an opposite direction to us.
Simple really.
I personally think we will struggle to have a bench to choose from this season.
Thanks to all the suits from both sides that dont give a flying f**k.

Terry Gibson's perm

Are they Waggott's or Pressley signings and if we think the last 20 or so were bad wait until we see the next 20 they sign!

shy_tall_knight

Since moving to Sixfields the quality of signings and loan signings have deteriorated significantly, the Sixfielders may choose to defend Waggot & Co but they performed awfully. Manset & slager pointless, Rory (I may have signed but I'm not going to play in front of 1500 at a cowshed) Chuba preferred youth football, QPR lad - cracker of a player well done SISU, Sconset TF Waggy Joy ML, Anton Robinson (anon - anonymous) Prutton apparently played well a few times but not when I saw him) the Fonz (doubt he will ever grace the PL again) Seabourne & webster - failed to impose themselves om one of the worst defences in the league. Maguire & Dagnall brief loan periods not here long enough. But not forgetting Marshall the hope for the season doubt he will sign and looked overrated to me.

Fairly crap all in all

johnwillomagic

Like we haven't made crap signings at Highfield Road or Ricoh Arena,,,,,,,,:facepalm:
I do not think ground has anything to do with it - it may not help but sliding down divisions naturally means
you do not attract top players but let's face it we have made plenty of crap signings in our history regardless of ground.

Skyblueweeman

Like we haven't made crap signings at Highfield Road or Ricoh Arena,,,,,,,,:facepalm:
I do not think ground has anything to do with it - it may not help but sliding down divisions naturally means
you do not attract top players but let's face it we have made plenty of crap signings in our history regardless of ground.

Totally agree....any excuse for a moan though Willo and some will seize it....

Users who are viewing this thread