Boycott stadium franchises (1 Viewer)

You'll Never Beat McPake

Could we the supporters show our disgust at ACLs profiteering by boycotting food and drink sales in the Ricoh? What does everyone else think?

ashbyjan

These would be the food and beverage sales that they have offered the club the profits from?

ashbyjan

Boycott them on the grounds that there's not enough horse or donkey (David Bell) in the burgers then yes.

Grendel

These would be the food and beverage sales that they have offered the club the profits from?

Nice to see the ACL trust is out in force this morning.

J

Jack Griffin

horseburger.jpg

Didn't fancy a burger anyway.

wingy

Where were you all along with Sizu when some were trying to apply this kind of pressure 5 yrs ago
Youre so far behind the curve and latching onto their desperste attempt at recovering their position

Cbaker89

Would be good but how do you promote this. Would sisu openly encourage this, doubtful would ruin the partnership they need to create a deal. And who put on the buses does the council not offer this service? Or is deffo the club?

dadgad

Yeah. It was so disgraceful that no one mentioned it from SISU arriving at the club in 2007 until it was obvious their guidance would see us relegated in 2012.

Where was your 'disgust' then, eh?

The "rent issue" is just a smokescreen by Sisu to justify the abject failure and continuing turmoil at the club.
Coventry City is a FOOTBALL CLUB whose sole purpose should be winning matches.
Sisu have been here for six years and they still haven't realised this!!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's priceless. They send a rookie manager with 4 months experience into a season shorn of his best players, fund him in the bottom 3 of the league and then when we get relagated it's not SISU's fault.

They do due diligence before buying a club; the contract which clearly states the rental figure and excludes matchday income an they lose money hand over fist. And guess what? Yet again, it's not SISU's fault!?!

dadgad

It's priceless. They send a rookie manager with 4 months experience into a season shorn of his best players, fund him in the bottom 3 of the league and then when we get relagated it's not SISU's fault.

They do due diligence before buying a club; the contract which clearly states the rental figure and excludes matchday income an they lose money hand over fist. And guess what? Yet again, it's not SISU's fault!?!

I know.....and then comes the predictable rewriting of history as if we have no memory.
You have to wonder at the logic of those that try and claw back a bit of credibility on behalf of an anonymous hedge fund who haven't a clue about what running a football club is about. It's as laughable as its tragic.:(:p:(:p:(:p

hopesprings

Look I am no SISU defender but I do think that someone ought to put out that they took over the club BEFORE the economic sh1t hit the fan. I would think that they had a plan that depended on them being sound secure and reaping loads of investment money as they had been doing for some years. The plan would clearly have been to with Ransons involvement and Colemans managerial aptitude to get promoted get, the sky money, use some of their own dosh buy the stadium, develop the surrounding areas and hey presto lovely guys !!! I know it does, in hindsight, sound a bit like "Rodney this time next year we'll be millionaires" but how many thought that it was feasible even probable? I bet more thought that way than, oh no in 2008 there will be a global financial meltdown of the largest proportion ever!! better not invest in anything til 2020 at least!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Look I am no SISU defender but I do think that someone ought to put out that they took over the club BEFORE the economic sh1t hit the fan. I would think that they had a plan that depended on them being sound secure and reaping loads of investment money as they had been doing for some years. The plan would clearly have been to with Ransons involvement and Colemans managerial aptitude to get promoted get, the sky money, use some of their own dosh buy the stadium, develop the surrounding areas and hey presto lovely guys !!! I know it does, in hindsight, sound a bit like "Rodney this time next year we'll be millionaires" but how many thought that it was feasible even probable? I bet more thought that way than, oh no in 2008 there will be a global financial meltdown of the largest proportion ever!! better not invest in anything til 2020 at least!

Sorry mate; the financial events of 2008/2009 have had no bearing on football gates and income. Average gates in the championship and League One haven't been influenced one iota. I've posted the facts previously. Football gates have been holding up.

To state otherwise a red herring

J

Jack Griffin

Anyway the market that crashed in 2008 has recovered, so if that was the problem then it has gone away, at least for the time being.

dadgad

More apologetic claptrap.
It's like an epidemic all of a sudden.:welcome:

GaryPendrysEyes

Look Sisu have been here 5 years. They have moved from shambles to shambles, got us relegated which wasnt 'a given' by any means, have halved our gates and revenue, and have pissed off just about everyone (fans, employees and 'partners' like ACL and the Council- and the Football League is next).
Dont be a mug and get used by Sisu.

Baginton

I wont be spending another penny on anything related to CCFC until this whole mess is settled, i'll be there at home games, supporting the players as a season ticket holder, but I for one am sick of the whole situation.

I think we must all make our own personal decisions, and live with it.

I cant see it ending anytime soon though.

hopesprings

Sorry mate; the financial events of 2008/2009 have had no bearing on football gates and income. Average gates in the championship and League One haven't been influenced one iota. I've posted the facts previously. Football gates have been holding up.

To state otherwise a red herring

Are you for real READ the FING post Where have I said anything about gates being affected or football income! WHERE?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Are you for real READ the FING post Where have I said anything about gates being affected or football income! WHERE?

So what's the relevance of the financial melt-down with regards the football club? Football has been stable throughout. Their business plan with regards the club not changed one jot. I can't see why you raise the point

Users who are viewing this thread