Boycott Franchise FC match (1 Viewer)

Neutral Fan

Hi, I've not been on here for ages, as I only logged on way back when for strange reasons your club decided to play their games in my home town. (The NTFC Chairman at the time, Cadoza, who arranged it all is now run out of town (and the country) for nefarious reasons...I could explain more if anyone was interested).

Anyway, I got a bit of stick then for suggesting your owners saw you as a potential Franchise FC Mark II. "It would never happen" many folk said. But now I log-in and see such a possibility being seriously talked about. Where would they move you? Birmingham? West London? Milton Keynes?!!!

Also of course, you've seen RFC Franchise suddenly appear like the cuckoo in the nest, taking the stadium for themselves, running the show for themselves and not CCFC etc.

So how ironic was it when a few years back the CCFC fans protested about the club being temporarily moved (franchised?) to Northampton by......taking 5,000 people to watch Franchise FC in Milton Keynes!!

At a time when the Football League is considering 4 divisions, bringing in Under 23 EPL teams to the Associate Members cup (whatever it's called this year) and in fact doing anything at all that makes money with a sod-the-poor-buggers-who-actually-love-the-game attitude, surely now is the time for CCFS fans to protest about franchising in general, and the risk of their own club being franchised elsewhere in particular.

You play "MK Dons" (Franchise FC) away on 18 March 2017...plenty of time to arrange a better day out than supporting their shady Chairman with your money and instead having a protest day / party day or whatever and trying to highlight the risk your own club now faces. Ignore it at your peril....just ask AFC Wimbledon supporters.

Neutral Fan

Even worse then.

I'd suggest this season you take 75, and have 7,425 protesting / partying through the streets of Coventry.

Martin84

I've said it before, the only way to force them out is to stop all money sources, don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise, don't give anything. No business can survive without money, they will either have to sell at a realistic price, not at how much they have apparently ploughed into the club.

Nick

Administrator
I've said it before, the only way to force them out is to stop all money sources, don't buy tickets, don't buy merchandise, don't give anything. No business can survive without money, they will either have to sell at a realistic price, not at how much they have apparently ploughed into the club.
who, MK dons?

letsallsingtogether

Bollocks to the lot of you I boycotted last year might go this season always a good day out with the pubs filled with City Fans.

If I wanted to boycott I would give the Ricoh a miss

The Gentleman

Bollocks to the lot of you I boycotted last year might go this season always a good day out with the pubs filled with City Fans.

If I wanted to boycott I would give the Ricoh a miss

Strange how some on here want to boycott this but couldn't be arsed and poured scorn on other protests and protest ideas. Guess it didn't fit with their agenda.

Like you say, a good day out with mates and if people want to go, so be it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ah, those were the days...

2012/13

2013/14

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I took my wife's Wimbledon scarf to MK electrics and waved it at their supporters at each of our 3 glorious goals. We were sitting right next to them. I got the middle finger treatment from masses of MK kids whose parents let them get on with it. (masses is probably an exaggeration). It was hilarious. Doesn't anyone in the world use two fingers any more?

D

Deleted member 4439

A funny moment at that game was when the 400 kids at the opposite end were being told to sit down (school tomorrow), whilst 7000 city fans were standing up at the other end. Oddly, didn't hear much from the stewards in the away end. That game and the tacky cup game against Preston stand out from the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread