boycott forest game (1 Viewer)

NINOOVCOV

Hi fellow Sky Blues, i have never seen a worst team playing for Cov, and i can only see Cov being relegated this season. So... the quickest way to get rid of sisu is to boycott the forest game so sisu make a massive loss. The quicker they go the more chance Cov have to try and save themselves this season. Normal protests this season are not working because sisu are stopping banners and protests in the ground by throwing fellow sky blue fans out. Remember all sisu want is your money so lets cut of their money supply!...Anyway thats what i think.

bobbymac

I want them out as quick as the next person but it's not that easy. We don't have offers on the table for the club so how do the people screaming 'SISU out' think we can exist without them? No ne will buy us because we are minus 30 million owed to our owners so they wont accept that loss. If Hoffman had really 30 million then he shouls offer SISU 10 million and then invest the rest. You cant expect anyone in life to just wipe out 30 million pounds, unless you happen to be a bank.

skybluesben

I got my banner in every game, so we need more in and get our point across!!!!! :blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:

stay_up_skyblues

I think most none season ticket holders are boycotting hence the 11k home fans attdending atm.

Forcing the board to make a bigger loss will only serve to make it 99% rather than 75% sure that the last few decent players we have are sold in Jan.

There are no genuine offers for the club on the table!

ccfctommy

I want them out as quick as the next person but it's not that easy. We don't have offers on the table for the club so how do the people screaming 'SISU out' think we can exist without them? No ne will buy us because we are minus 30 million owed to our owners so they wont accept that loss. If Hoffman had really 30 million then he shouls offer SISU 10 million and then invest the rest. You cant expect anyone in life to just wipe out 30 million pounds, unless you happen to be a bank.

Nail on head.

Bring all the banners and boycott all you want. Dosen't change the facts.

Gaz

I wish the minority would wake up to the fact that there won't be a club with Sisu in charge.

We really are going down the pan and if gates dont pick up then we won't have a club.

Screaming "but what's the alternative" and just sitting back and taking the shit time after time from Sisu just isn't an option for me.

torchomatic

Eer... let me have a think about it...no.

georgehudson

the time is ripe for someone to take over,
but, sisu will want their 'pound of flesh',
come on you entrepreneurs out there, make your move & eradicate this cancerous regime from our club,

PUSB

Changeyourface

Our Stadiums too big for us, SISU Out! It's raining, SISU Out! I don't get a lie in tomorrow SISU Out! I hate them bastards!

Macca

for an ignoramus like myself can someone paint a picture of the next few days, months after SISU left if they did so tomorrow. How would it work? Who would pay players? Organise matchdays etc. No axe to grind just interests me

Grendel

No point in a boycott. 75% of people at the ground are season ticket holders. Best to protest at the ground and make your feelings known. We are in this mess due to apathy amongst "floating fans" - imagine Norwich, Forest etc. Tolerating this? No.

TommyAtkins

Absolutely pointless. Ridiculous to want SISU out when there isn't a viable alternative.

More importantly, SISU have proven that they don't really care about Coventry City Football Club, so they are not going to be influenced by a load of chavs boycotting a game.

SISU are determined to protect their investors' - if the boycott costs the club money, they will just ensure they recover the money by flogging players in January to compensate.

Sub

Absolutely pointless. Ridiculous to want SISU out when there isn't a viable alternative.

More importantly, SISU have proven that they don't really care about Coventry City Football Club, so they are not going to be influenced by a load of chavs boycotting a game.

SISU are determined to protect their investors' - if the boycott costs the club money, they will just ensure they recover the money by flogging players in January to compensate.

the thing is tommy they will flog the players anyway, we need 22000 to break even, and there isnt a hope in hell of that fans have said enough is enough, yes season ticket holders should turn up they have already paid for there tickets so should not lose anymore money, but you can not expect people to continually pour money down and bottom less pit of crap football, afterall this is what the owners have decided to do so why should the fans continue? Yes if your a fan you should support the club through thick and thin but you have to be met atleast half way by the owners and that isnt happening.

Astute

But wouldn't SISU be puring money down the same bottomless pit??

That don't count if you can't or won't look at the whole picture. This shows when we can't afford to sign players as the gates are down and the answer to this is to boycott games. Surely you can see that this would bring the income down even more. Less income than what is not enough will not help us. Are some on here trying to make sure we will have to sell players?

Sub

yes your right we are trying to make the club sell players afterall we all want the club to fail (its all the fans fault;)):thinking about::thinking about:

and yes less income means less money to spend but like i have said before we are customers they are selling a product that is crap so why should people buy it ? its a catch 22 situation and nobody will win.

Astute

Exactly.

So how many think is a good idea to boycott games because we don't have money to spend as our gates are down?

NINOOVCOV

our club is a complete disasater at the moment, and its ran by a blood sucking tick thats bleeding our club dry, even if a miracle happened against forest and we filled the ground to the rafters sisu would not invest any money, the only way forward now is to get rid of sisu because they don't give a fuck about cov, and its only going to go one way, and thats sell everyone they can in jan, so lets get rid of the bastards now....

Astute

our club is a complete disasater at the moment, and its ran by a blood sucking tick thats bleeding our club dry, even if a miracle happened against forest and we filled the ground to the rafters sisu would not invest any money, the only way forward now is to get rid of sisu because they don't give a fuck about cov, and its only going to go one way, and thats sell everyone they can in jan, so lets get rid of the bastards now....

Bleeding our club dry? Please explain.

Astute

You mean sell players they bought? They are putting money in not out. If they were taking money out then I would agree.

Sub

has the debt been paid off ? no its been moved to another area and called something else we are still in debt just to SISU so did the debt get paid off or just relocated?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
going back to the original plan............. if no city fan turned up for the forest game the club would lose less than £200k. Would assume Forest fans would turn up. The game would still be played but likely when our players see the empty seats they would not be in the best frame of mind to beat Forest. Would losing that money nail SISU no - just make more player sales more likely. Would they lose all income on the day no there would be the season ticket income and visiting fans. It might of course affect current and future sponsorships and increase the likelihood of player sales or administration. So rather than forcing SISU out it is more likely to achieve 3 lost points, and a player sale, we will have shot ourselves in the foot

The base problem here isnt that SISU cannot manage and control a multi million pound business it is that they cannot see the potential for better by investing in the working assets of the club. Any major industry invests in its asset base be that people or machines with the expectation of creating income. They got their sums wrong from day one.

say they took in 2 loan players at £10k each (thats two decent players isnt it ?) for 3 months that would cost around £260K plus a few add ons. But say that boosted results, say that put an average of 4000 on the gate at £18 (inc VAT or £15 net of VAT) per ticket over 3 months say 6 home games - thats additional income of £360 k (Excl VAT). That would boost income but it would boost more than that, it would boost the team, the club and the fans - give us some hope of survival. It should pay for itself !!

I have no sympathy for SISU at all but our TEAM is in a bad enough position now without us adding to it. I think the exact opposite of a boycott is better, get as many there as possible and voice and keep voicing our opposition to SISU BUT above all support the team - they need it badly !!!

Last edited:

ashbyjan

OSB - the maths is blindingly obvious - spend some money and reap the rewards but these clowns are not prepared to take that risk. The clubs finances are once again shrouded in mystery, the monthly losses must be well below the £500k figure Ken etc bandied about when it suited them to show how benevolent our glorious non-owners are. In fact they haven't put any money in but simply moved it around different balance sheets and allowed the covering of losses with the clubs own assets eg Turner. Without at least a couple of new players we are doomed but when you hear we couldn't compete financially with Barnsley for a player (who played quite well against us) you know the writings on the wall in terms of relegation and this clubs future. We need to force these people out of the club, force then to put us up for sale not slowly kill us. Too many fans are happy to just shrug and look the other way and hope its all a bad dream or that suddenly SISU will invest in the team - please all wake up and smell the coffee before your smelling the Bovril away at Rochdale.

No. Silly idea. If SISU go then so do Coventry City FC.
Anyone thinking of not going should twat off and support Birmingham because that's how idiotic and short sighted your ideas are.

By boycotting a game, you are boycotting yourself :D

NINOOVCOV

Anyone thinking of not going should twat off and support Birmingham because that's how idiotic and short sighted your ideas are.

By boycotting a game, you are boycotting yourself :D
If we are thirty million in debt, then where are we going to make that kind of money in todays climate???? If we fill the Ricoh every home match then the money made will go straight into the pockets of people that don't give 2 fucks about our club, so its about time Cov started again and got rid of sisu and went into administation, its the only way now because we are going to be in this shit for a very long time if we don't, and i would rather see Cov with a clean slate than put up with this shite!

skybluehugh

No point in a boycott. 75% of people at the ground are season ticket holders. Best to protest at the ground and make your feelings known. We are in this mess due to apathy amongst "floating fans" - imagine Norwich, Forest etc. Tolerating this? No.

Dead right. did people see the banners at forest calling for the board to go. (And they didn't look fire retardant to me, so were is this league wide need for all banners to be so :slap:) And in the same evening Mcclaren is gone and the chairman is going at the end of the season.

NINOOVCOV

Really interested about people's opinions, now. If we could go back to that match, do you people think it would have been a better idea to boycott the forest game. Thought this today, when you lot made me proud to be a Coventry City supporter once more.

By boycotting a game, you are boycotting yourself :D[/QUOTE

Looks to me as if you have already abandoned the sky blues of Coventry City FC (along with many others on this thread) and are yourself twatting off to support SISU Northampton FC. Me, I'll be at away games in the North and buying from the away club. Don't dare tell me that I am not supporting the team I have supported for 50 years. Were you all blind to todays events in Coventry City Centre???

Grendel

By boycotting a game, you are boycotting yourself :D[/QUOTE

Looks to me as if you have already abandoned the sky blues of Coventry City FC (along with many others on this thread) and are yourself twatting off to support SISU Northampton FC. Me, I'll be at away games in the North and buying from the away club. Don't dare tell me that I am not supporting the team I have supported for 50 years. Were you all blind to todays events in Coventry City Centre???

He said months ago its an old thread dug up for some reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread