Boxing (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Luke

Anybody here like (watching) boxing?

Huge British fight tomorrow night, James DeGale v George Groves and Nathan Cleverly v Aleksy Kuziemski (Clev's third different opponent since monday) for the WBO light-heavyweight championship.

Predictions?

Head says a DeGale win, but I'm still backing a Groves KO :whistle:
And Cleverly to win (or retain?) the title

Weigh ins should be starting on SSN in the next couple of minutes.

Head says a DeGale win, but I'm still backing a Groves KO :whistle:
And Cleverly to win (or retain?) the title

I'm well into my boxing, but thought Clev was still fighting Bellew, would've made a good fight too. I agree with your predictions. Want Groves to win but think Chunky will outclass him. Groves looked very shaky in his last fight, but he has had some top sparring partners in this camp. Should be good. Either 6-7 round KO to Chunky or a surprise from the Saint with a points win to Chunky.

Sky Blue Luke

I'm well into my boxing, but thought Clev was still fighting Bellew, would've made a good fight too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13460425.stm

Bellew was pulled out last night as he was half a stone over the weight limit. Like you say, that would of been a good fight, Bellew is a banger so anything could of happened! There seemed a bit of bad blood in the press conference yesterday aswell.

Bernard Hopkins v Jean Pascal tomorrow too, if Hop wins he'll be the oldest ever world champion.

Jimthor

I wana watch this, is it on Sky Box Office or Sky Sports? And what time? I had it down in my calendar as next weekend, thank god i saw this haha.

Jimthor

Just seen on the BBC page it's 8pm on Box Office! Sorted. Night in with some beers i reckon!

Sky Blue Luke

I wana watch this, is it on Sky Box Office or Sky Sports? And what time? I had it down in my calendar as next weekend, thank god i saw this haha.

Unfortunately Box Office, starts tomorrow at 8, previews on 743 now - makes me want to listen to 'Fools Gold' :D

ccfctommy

I like my boxing but is watchingNathan Cleverly versus some obscure Pole worth paying £16 for? DeGale Groves will be a good fight but it should be on Sky Sports.

I like my boxing but is watchingNathan Cleverly versus some obscure Pole worth paying £16 for? DeGale Groves will be a good fight but it should be on Sky Sports.

I agree, but after the Khan match I think Sky would rather leave it and the purse as agreed.

At work so i aint gonna be seeing that unfortunately put a commentry up. Has Groves got a black eye? If not it'll be the first time in the last 10 weeks:facepalm:

Sky Blue Luke

Heard that Roy Jones Jr. got knocked out last night :( Such a shame to see him still fighting now.

DeGale - Groves expected to start at around 10:20-10:30

First fight on the undercard - Billy Joe Saunders, haven't seen him for a while.

Sky Blue Luke

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Covstu

Great win for Groves, silly De Gale and his motor mouth wanting to keep the whole purse now lost the entire lot in front of the world!!!:p:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Was it any good? I considered getting it but wasn't sure if it would be worth the £15!

Covstu

it wasnt fantastic (frustrating with bad streaming!) but the right man won in my opinion! It was close though!

Frostie

Much preferred the Hopkins v Pascal fight. Very impressed with Hopkins. Fine performance & what conditioning for a 46 year old!

Sky Blue Luke

Was it any good? I considered getting it but wasn't sure if it would be worth the £15!

[video=youtube;fW7-FJ5lv_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW7-FJ5lv_k&feature=feedf[/video]

^ That's part one of the fight, part 2,3 and 4 have all been uploaded by the same user.

[video=youtube;p3p3kTsq8rw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3p3kTsq8rw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

^ Hopkins v Pascal fight, part 1 of 4.

rob9872

Never worth paying for it when decent streams are around for free. I never pay.

Glad Groves got the decision as DeGale is a complete c*nt

rob9872

Who wouldn't love an opinionated no-mark like me? :D

It's a shame the Cleverly fight got stopped. That was turning into a corker as well. Clev was going to put his lights out. I think refs stop the fights too quick sometimes.

rob9872

It's a shame the Cleverly fight got stopped. That was turning into a corker as well. Clev was going to put his lights out. I think refs stop the fights too quick sometimes.

I think you've answered the question yourself. If the decision is clear then why add to the punishment and risk his future health? The game is well regulated and rightly so for sportsmen who train right on the edge. If you want real danger then there are plently of illegal bare knuckle bouts around but boxing is better now than it ever has been, just a pity that we don't have many of the great fighters currently in the game.

He wasn't going to put his lights out immediately though Rob. It would've gone a few more rounds imo. I watched a fight last Friday where a guy was jelly legged in the 4th but the ref let it go on. It took until the last 30 seconds of the fight for him to eventually be stopped.

rob9872

Probably true, but I was really talking more about the general point of suggesting fights are prematurely stopped tahn the Cleverly one in particular.

The Cleverly one was a bit of a mismatch anyhow though, so probably being more cautious. The guy was ranked 11th by one organisation so looked legit but was way below that in other rankings. He was only a third replacement and against a fighter who had been preparing for his biggest fight and training hard for months. He won itoutside teh ring so I think they just wanted to ensure he got a quick defence in as it was part of the pay-per-view bill and Warren would have needed to meet certain commitments to the box-office.

LastGarrison

Yeah Johnson looked a bit weight drained in the pictures i've seen but he is one tough fucker and can't see him being stopped!!

Froch to win on points by 4 or so rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread