Bournemouth Loss (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Does thread mean we're going to have a Bournemouth sub forum as well as a Wasps one?

Sick Boy

Yes it makes more sense to pass on the option to buy your stadium, increase your debt by about 40m, invest in a bunch of cast offs, half your fanbase and go from a Championship side to relegation candidates in Lge 1.

I presume that you weren't Ranson's biggest fan then? He was the one responsible for passing on the option to buy the Ricoh, yet for some reason he is still seen as a demi god on this forum.

Sick Boy

Then you've got to add in this year's debt, the work that needs doing on the stadium just to make it comply with Prem rules, any investment they make in players, top flight salary increases, the interest on that loan etc and if the owner wants to cash in on that windfall and siphon all that profit away then where has it really got them if that windfall isn't being used for the club? It's not as simple as deducting 25 mill from 120 mill and saying that's 'not a bad return'

What a breath of fresh air in comparison to the half-wits who will no doubt engage the shared brain cell in an attempt to shoot you down

Astute

What a great idea; let's do exactly what got us into this mess in the first place!!

They were in a worse place than us. But they put a good manager in place and let him do it the way he wanted to and backed him. When did we do that?

Sick Boy

They were in a worse place than us. But they put a good manager in place and let him do it the way he wanted to and backed him. When did we do that?

One of Ranson's biggest mistakes was employing Coleman and wasting the money that was actually invested in the playing side

James Smith

Then you've got to add in this year's debt, the work that needs doing on the stadium just to make it comply with Prem rules, any investment they make in players, top flight salary increases, the interest on that loan etc and if the owner wants to cash in on that windfall and siphon all that profit away then where has it really got them if that windfall isn't being used for the club? It's not as simple as deducting 25 mill from 120 mill and saying that's 'not a bad return'

And we didn't have a premier league compliant stadium within our grasp......When do we get to hear about the new stadium location RFC?

Hobo

I presume that you weren't Ranson's biggest fan then? He was the one responsible for passing on the option to buy the Ricoh, yet for some reason he is still seen as a demi god on this forum.

No I wasn't a fan of SISU when they arrived, however I could see as many potential positives as I could potential negatives. But my concerns grew once they held a gun to the head of the small shareholder creating a closed shop at boardroom level and they announced they weren't opting to buy the Ricoh at that stage.

I have continued to look for signs of hope that they have learnt a lesson and moved on. That the club will start now to move forward. However it always seems to be one step forward three steps back.

Esoterica

And we didn't have a premier league compliant stadium within our grasp......When do we get to hear about the new stadium location RFC?

Not sure I understand your point, sorry. I was talking about Bournemouth's billionaire owner's speculate to accumulate method and that there were more costs involved than the 25 mill debt quoted from the end of the 2014 season. For it to be looked on as enviously as it is by some, is in my opinion, to ignore the dangers and luck involved. And for it to be deemed a successful method depends on who you want to see do well out of it, the owner or the club because there are no guarantees how the owners will manage that windfall.

Astute

Not sure I understand your point, sorry. I was talking about Bournemouth's billionaire owner's speculate to accumulate method and that there were more costs involved than the 25 mill debt quoted from the end of the 2014 season. For it to be looked on as enviously as it is by some, is in my opinion, to ignore the dangers and luck involved. And for it to be deemed a successful method depends on who you want to see do well out of it, the owner or the club because there are no guarantees how the owners will manage that windfall.

They didn't gamble as much as you make out though. They paid money for players that they could sell. They bought at cheaper prices and got good players. What happened to us was we were paying big wages for poor players. That wasn't a gamble either. It was poor foolishness.

James Smith

I should have highlighted the text my post referred to, would have made thibgs clearer. My point was that had we been in the same position as Bournemouth there would have been little if any work needed (and therefore less cost) to alter the Ricoh to get it to Premier league standards. Instead we have no stadium of our own and no plans, land, clue etc about where one could potentially be built if Sisu were ever going to do that.

letsallsingtogether

What has this to do with CCFC?
Except gamble on a one season 3rd division wonder and made him a 2 season wonder and prem player.

skybluebeduff

One of Ranson's biggest mistakes was employing Coleman and wasting the money that was actually invested in the playing side

Ransons biggest ever mistake was choosing Aidy Boothroyd over Tony Mowbray who actually appllied for the job in 2010!

Sick Boy

No I wasn't a fan of SISU when they arrived, however I could see as many potential positives as I could potential negatives. But my concerns grew once they held a gun to the head of the small shareholder creating a closed shop at boardroom level and they announced they weren't opting to buy the Ricoh at that stage.

I have continued to look for signs of hope that they have learnt a lesson and moved on. That the club will start now to move forward. However it always seems to be one step forward three steps back.

Fair play. I assume that you too aren't a fan of Joe Elliot who went round to the shareholder's houses asking for their shares.

Captain Dart

Wow £10 million loss . £80 million for finishing last and £11 million a televised game in the prem next season. Not a bad punt.

CCFC posted a £7M loss last year? I guess RFC must be pointing out that CCFC is extremely badly run.

Astute

Wasn't aware of that! Saying that though the employment of Coleman was worse than Boothroyd in my opinion.

A choice between an international manager or Hoofroid :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread