Bournemouth Enquire about Robins (1 Viewer)

RingoCCFC

Honesty I think a lot of people are disrespecting MR by questioning his commitment to the hard work he’s put into this club, I know they’d come running with more money but he came back to Cov as he likes the area! He had other options he could have taken... no one wanted us in our state of affairs back then! It’s like a Doyler scenario, Pompy we’re paying more and we’re going up... his lifestyle commitment and the kids played a big part in his move back this way.

This is a team he’s had to work hard to build, it’s where he’s achieved his highest achievements so far, on his merit alone with what he’s done here... he can guarantee a few other clubs down the line irrespective of what happens to us say even if we did get relegated next season! (Hope it never happens) But with everything he’s been saying and the fact of how hard he and the boys have worked to get to this stage I don’t think he’d want to not drive the car he’s built and got back on the road again before selling it off and moving onto his next project!

The management market does actually make me howl though, they’re saying John Terry, Tony Pulis and Paul Cook have a chance and are higher favourites than MR? I’d never have any of them... despite that neither will Bournemouth even good old hazza redders is in the list!

All in all, Mark Robins won’t be going anywhere (this season). I think we might be safe though if we do well next season as he will want to keep going at it and he seems committed to the long term building plan.

I don’t even know why we’re talking about this as he’s not even in the top favourites! More chance of Redknapp getting it than MR!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

higgs

Honesty I think a lot of people are disrespecting MR by questioning his commitment to the hard work he’s put into this club, I know they’d come running with more money but he came back to Cov as he likes the area! He had other options he could have taken... no one wanted us in our state of affairs back then! It’s like a Doyler scenario, Pompy we’re paying more and we’re going up... his lifestyle commitment and the kids played a big part in his move back this way.

This is a team he’s had to work hard to build, it’s where he’s achieved his highest achievements so far, on his merit alone with what he’s done here... he can guarantee a few other clubs down the line irrespective of what happens to us say even if we did get relegated next season! (Hope it never happens) But with everything he’s been saying and the fact of how hard he and the boys have worked to get to this stage I don’t think he’d want to not drive the car he’s built and got back on the road again before selling it off and moving onto his next project!

The management market does actually make me howl though, they’re saying John Terry, Tony Pulis and Paul Cook have a chance and are higher favourites than MR? I’d never have any of them... despite that neither will Bournemouth even good old hazza redders is in the list!

All in all, Mark Robins won’t be going anywhere (this season). I think we might be safe though if we do well next season as he will want to keep going at it and he seems committed to the long term building plan.

I don’t even know why we’re talking about this as he’s not even in the top favourites! More chance of Redknapp getting it than MR!

giphy.gif
Paul Cook has done a good job wherever he has been I wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to a lot of vacant posts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RingoCCFC

Agree but I’m talking about potential without a mega rich totally ego driven owner they are at best at League One club

No questions asked we are, will be interesting to see what Bournemouth do! If they shit it this season they’ll have to decide if to go all in and spend or draw it back. If they do sell all these rumoured players though they’ll have themselves a mini PL like income this season... 40mil, King maybe 10-15? Wilson 10-15? I’m really waiting to see who they appoint, but if given the bankroll they’ll have a nice easy run and be able to poach most players after the money!

SBAndy

No questions asked we are, will be interesting to see what Bournemouth do! If they shit it this season they’ll have to decide if to go all in and spend or draw it back. If they do sell all these rumoured players though they’ll have themselves a mini PL like income this season... 40mil, King maybe 10-15? Wilson 10-15? I’m really waiting to see who they appoint, but if given the bankroll they’ll have a nice easy run and be able to poach most players after the money!

Reminder: they owe out £81m in transfer fees and only have £5m coming inwards. Huge deficit to fill before they can think of spending. This is the danger with not selling players at the top of their cycle.

RingoCCFC

Reminder: they owe out £81m in transfer fees and only have £5m coming inwards. Huge deficit to fill before they can think of spending. This is the danger with not selling players at the top of their cycle.

True that, they’ll get the 90 mil in parachute over the 3 years with the annual income, but with Covid-19 and the market they may be on the back burner especially with the owners financial affairs outside the club.

Magwitch

A lot is going to depend on what happens regards wage capping and then there’s FPI not sure how that works either I think they will be up there challenging though.

RingoCCFC

A lot is going to depend on what happens regards wage capping and then there’s FPI not sure how that works either I think they will be up there challenging though.

Their wage expenses this season just gone was 110mil! No clue how you can even balance that ‘easily’ without getting rid of most the players.

Legia Sky Blue

£40m for Ake will help with King & Wilson to follow, plus continued PL payments for a few seasons. I expect them to spend, but just at a lower level. Not that I think he will go, but in those circumstances MR would be perfect for them.

RingoCCFC

£40m for Ake will help with King & Wilson to follow, plus continued PL payments for a few seasons. I expect them to spend, but just at a lower level. Not that I think he will go, but in those circumstances MR would be perfect for them.

I was thinking the same above as mentioned but didn’t think about the FFP side of things and their current wage bill being that high they’d have to seriously manage who they’re letting go and bringing in big time! Perhaps a lot more stress going into that role than ‘ease’ when you think about it.

Not like I think Bournemouth were ever made to be a PL team though so they in reality shouldn’t be disheartened by being in the championship as they just reminded me of a Baggies in the PL, fighting to survive over and over and dry footy.

RingoCCFC

I will 💩 react to any post this season calling for Robins to leave.

I’ll just take it to the extreme and shit down their throat instead! 😂 Fed up of the negativity around managers not instantly getting results in hard leagues! Especially given what he’s done for us you can’t ever knock a man like him as he’s proven his worth and dedication!

SlowerThanPlatt

That’s an odd one as I thought they wanted to get away from Howe, Bristol City are doing the same promoting from within

no_loyalty

That’s an odd one as I thought they wanted to get away from Howe, Bristol City are doing the same promoting from within

Risky, but I suppose it's all about cost saving.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I’ll just take it to the extreme and shit down their throat instead! 😂 Fed up of the negativity around managers not instantly getting results in hard leagues! Especially given what he’s done for us you can’t ever knock a man like him as he’s proven his worth and dedication!

Ah it's always great to see Reda Johnson's influence...

Gotta love that it's still on twitter! Still my favourite tweet ever.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

We might be OK with it if Robins did go and we gave Viveash a chance? Probably more so if it was leaving with us in a good position and us looking at continuity though.

better days

Would love to see Tindall do well
But unfortunately I doubt it will work
A bit like Craig Shakespeare at Leicester
The easiest option but probably not the best for both parties

wingy

All the better for us then !!
I'd like to have them early on with our adrenaline nice and high.

cc84cov

Would love to see Tindall do well
But unfortunately I doubt it will work
A bit like Craig Shakespeare at Leicester
The easiest option but probably not the best for both parties
Seems the Sheaf deal possibly held up mate ? Anything your way mate ?

Covstu

Thought it was a strange appointment. He knows the players which is a positive but when a lot are Exiting and he has to pick up the rest to go again after relegation it seems a tall order. I think they will be playoffs but that won’t be good enough for the owner, sadly sacked during the season

wingy

Thought it was a strange appointment. He knows the players which is a positive but when a lot are Exiting and he has to pick up the rest to go again after relegation it seems a tall order. I think they will be playoffs but that won’t be good enough for the owner, sadly sacked during the season
Most likely Stu
You out for a spin this morning , it's just about cool enough atm?

Users who are viewing this thread