Match Thread Bournemouth (A) Sat 10th (1 Viewer)

jordan210

The start to our 3 games in quick succession we face Bournemouth. Who currently sit 7th.

Hopefully we go in to the match like we did today and not give them any respect. After the home match with Gus's very soft red you would hope the boys would be fired up for some revenge.

Feels like a free hit as such and a draw would be a brilliant result.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Would take a point after today, but I hate this "free hit" nonsense. Every game is an opportunity to take points and should be seen as that.
Completely agree no such thing as a free hit at this stage of the season . But would happily take a point now . Let’s try and get to the last game of the season safe

Liquid Gold

After the results today I would be delighted with a point here.

We have to play the same formation and personnel though. Get them used to playing that system as that's what we should be doing for the rest of the season. Accepting a point is a good result doesn't mean reverting to 3-stodge-1 no energy, no pressing shitball.

Evo1883

We obviously should be going to win the game ...but I'd be fucking buzzing if we walk away with a point .

However realistically

Bournemouth 3-1 city

Hope they have a bad day and we work hard to get a result

Last edited:

SkyBlueMatt

Back to 5 in midfield as we're going to need the extra man there.

I can see Walker starting as Godden has only just come back from injury and took a knock

Hopefully keep it tight and nick a point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Back to 5 in midfield as we're going to need the extra man there.

I can see Walker starting as Godden has only just come back from injury and took a knock

Hopefully keep it tight and nick a point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Godden is a conundrum. He needs minutes but at the same time it looks like his injury still needs managing.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn’t let him anywhere near the Bournemouth game. Imagine him getting injured in a comprehensive defeat and being unavailable for Rotherham, gutting

While it’s likely we lose this idea of just writing off games is half the problem. Play the same way we did yesterday and if Godden tires send on Gyo. We don’t really do ‘holding it tight’

Macca

While it’s likely we lose this idea of just writing off games is half the problem. Play the same way we did yesterday and if Godden tires send on Gyo. We don’t really do ‘holding it tight’

not writing it off just protecting possibly our greatest asset for a bigger game. Why not start with Gyo and bring on Godden (maybe) when the pace drops later on?

scottccfc

feel like if we play like yesterday we might get a point out of this, a win then it takes the pressure off the rotherham game, id leave godden on the bench till 60 minutes regardless of the score.

Brighton Sky Blue

not writing it off just protecting possibly our greatest asset for a bigger game. Why not start with Gyo and bring on Godden (maybe) when the pace drops later on?

Also an option, just think we’re likely to give them a harder game by not making it an attack v defence training session. Let’s have the confidence to play the same way against anyone.

Mucca Mad Boys

Our away form has been terrible, so the best we can probably hope for is a draw. Easter Monday’s results did us a few favours.

Bristol sky blue

Bournemouth are one of the most cynical teams in the division (along with Cardiff and Swansea). I wouldn't risk Godden getting an 'accidental' injury from one of their players. I look forward to Hamer coming on as a sub though and hopefully playing like someone with a point to prove (as well as a score to settle!)

clint van damme

Also an option, just think we’re likely to give them a harder game by not making it an attack v defence training session. Let’s have the confidence to play the same way against anyone.

Its not about confidence though, its about managing a key player with an injury.
He may be ok. He might have just been being cautious when he went down yesterday but it would be gutting to lose him for some of the so called more winnable games.

Got a lot more confidence in Gyokeres deputising after yesterday.

Hertsccfc

Whoever is at RWB will be a target for them. They are strong down that side. Didn’t all their goals come from that side last time out?
Agree. No criticism of Eccles who did well but this is really not his position. Problem is Dacosta would worry me more.

Pezza

MASSIVE ask but win this one and beat Rotherham and you're very close to being safe, I'd argue you'd only need another point from the remaining 5 games left.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its not about confidence though, its about managing a key player with an injury.
He may be ok. He might have just been being cautious when he went down yesterday but it would be gutting to lose him for some of the so called more winnable games.

Got a lot more confidence in Gyokeres deputising after yesterday.

I was meaning more in terms of the shape/game plan rather than Gyo vs Godden

lifeskyblue

The Bristol game was all about the result...3 points or we would be staring at relegation.
Bournemouth game more about performance. Build on Bristol in terms of formation, attitude etc and we may just surprise ourselves (and them). But even a narrow loss with a decent performance will still give players and supporters optimism for the following games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

76C52319-11DF-4094-ADF8-1F0BF9041C8F.jpeg
Godden could probably do with coming off the bench instead of starting for the time being, Biamou is better than Baka, Bapaga could bring the pace and trickery, Hamer shouldn’t start as the midfield was so good yesterday, Reid should have a chance, Thompson because I dont know anything has happened to Rose or Hyam, Wilson is no.2 for now as Marosi had a good game to be fair

higgs

Would you bring hamer back in after his rest?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread