Boudewijn Zenden? (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

Yes I know Sisu don't want to spend a penny and yes I know the team we currently have is the team we're stuck with until we lose yet more faces in January but hear me out.

If Sisu decide for whatever reason to take a look at bringing in 1 free agent, what do we think to it being Zenden? He's currently a free agent after leaving Sunderland last season and was surprise surprise a name mentioned around Doncaster for a while. The trail seems to have gone cold there though.

He trialled for Celtic last month but they decided not to sign him because they didn't want another Ljungberg scenario where they strengthen in January and then don't play him.

Since Coventry almost certainly won't be strengthening in January that won't be a problem here. Zenden has reported that he hasn't been asking for a 'ridiculous' amount and with the wages we're saving from King, Westwood, Gunnarsson, Turner, McIndoe etc do we think it would be a punt hypothetically if Sisu decided "OK, one player"?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Ken has said we'll only be bringing in a couple of loans (probably more youth team players from Premiership teams if they materialise at all) so can't see this happening. How would we pay his wages as he is a proven international who has played at Chelsea and Barcelona!

sky blue john

I did see in one of the CT articles that the loan of Gardener is free Villa are still picking up his wages.
With this in mind I can't see anyone coming in that would require paid wages however reasonable they maybe.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

We are essentially now a footballing charity case.
We've gone from living in a mansion on the Kenilworth Road to living on a park bench on Gosford Green in ten years.

AT is after an experienced midfielder...and Zenden fits the bill.

But when AT last said this he went and signed a Villa teenager who hadn't made a first team appearance...not even on loan.

So, the top and bottom of this is that there is sweet FA chance of signing Zenden.....

gouldberg

I'm just thinking of it hypothetically if Sisu did decide to say OK to 1 player would the fans like Zenden. I personally think he's one of the best free agents out there.

ashbyjan

Its a great idea but unfortunately the word wages appeared in your analysis - I can just imagine Ken asking him how much he is going to pay us for allowing him to play. No Mr Zenden I don't expect to be paying you - I expect you to pay us

ICHAN

Remember we was supposed to be signing zenden years ago when he first started appearing on the football scene.

AFCCOVENTRY

Yes when we were in the Premiership.... Big Ron was offered Zenden from PSV for £3m I think...

Oh those were the days...

Nonleagueherewecome

We nearly got Van Bronckhorst too but he chose Rangers ahead of us. Not to mention the failed attempts to sign Riise and Trezeguet when they were still young :eek:

ICHAN

There have been some great players linked with us in the past oh those were the days.
Van nistelrooy (not good enough aparently)
Kevin Keegan (too small)
The infamous Robert Jarni episode.
Just think how good we would have been had we managed to get the players mention here and the ones NLHWC mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread