Bothroyd gets caught out by snow! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
"It turns out that the snowy weather enveloping the country has affected even international footballers.

Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd made his debut for Fabio Capello's side last month in a friendly international against France.

But he had an altogether less successful journey down the M4 on Monday.

Bothroyd, it emerged, had gone to London to do some Christmas shopping with his family, but on the return trip he was forced to abandon his car - and walk the last nine miles home.

On his Twitter page, Bothroyd wrote: "I'm walkin Down [sic] the m4 left car! Gotta walk 9 miles."

A picture accompanying the Tweet showed the striker with his two children on the side of the snow-covered motorway.

Fortunately, a later message revealed that the Championship's top scorer this season had eventually made it home safely.

Bothroyd might have taken note that conditions would be treacherous given that Cardiff's weekend fixture against Burnley had to be called off, but he nonetheless had some advice for travellers braving the elements and the roads in the coming days.

"I'm gonna say it, people that have cars that are 2 wheel drive just stay at home and lorries your [sic] causing mixup," added Bothroyd."

Hahahahaha I couldn't help but laugh when I read that! Has he not been watching or reading the news?! What a twat trying to go to London for shopping in this weather!

Coventry La La La

"It turns out that the snowy weather enveloping the country has affected even international footballers.

Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd made his debut for Fabio Capello's side last month in a friendly international against France.

But he had an altogether less successful journey down the M4 on Monday.

Bothroyd, it emerged, had gone to London to do some Christmas shopping with his family, but on the return trip he was forced to abandon his car - and walk the last nine miles home.

On his Twitter page, Bothroyd wrote: "I'm walkin Down [sic] the m4 left car! Gotta walk 9 miles."

A picture accompanying the Tweet showed the striker with his two children on the side of the snow-covered motorway.

Fortunately, a later message revealed that the Championship's top scorer this season had eventually made it home safely.

Bothroyd might have taken note that conditions would be treacherous given that Cardiff's weekend fixture against Burnley had to be called off, but he nonetheless had some advice for travellers braving the elements and the roads in the coming days.

"I'm gonna say it, people that have cars that are 2 wheel drive just stay at home and lorries your [sic] causing mixup," added Bothroyd."

Hahahahaha I couldn't help but laugh when I read that! Has he not been watching or reading the news?! What a twat trying to go to London for shopping in this weather!

He got home safely.... :(:(:(

redsox

Facebook User
This is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.......shame it was only 9 miles!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
the footbal stardom has gone to his head, he even thiks he is better then snow now that thought him lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread