Match Thread Boro' Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I’ll preface this with: I’m not saying Warnock is shit…so don’t get excited.

But. Warnock has managed, what? 15 clubs? There’s no coincidence that his average tenure over that period is 2 years. The best we could’ve hoped for was a promotion, followed by a relegation and subsequent sacking. Only to be replaced by Andy Thorn.

Nonsense

COV

I’ll preface this with: I’m not saying Warnock is shit…so don’t get excited.

But. Warnock has managed, what? 15 clubs? There’s no coincidence that his average tenure over that period is 2 years. The best we could’ve hoped for was a promotion, followed by a relegation and subsequent sacking. Only to be replaced by Andy Thorn.

Warnock was excellent at getting promotion but was an abject failure at the top level. You are correct in your assessment.

PVA

Until Robins got us promoted from L2, he had not had promotion with any of his clubs I believe. perhaps he should have retired

You do realise Warnock is 72?

He'll get sacked soon and that'll be it. He's done.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's so nice to be able to live in the moment for once and really enjoy the win today. It has put me in such a good mood.

Robins said something after the game regarding it, but the application and effort is really impressing for me. They all have been fighting and it paid off. Perhaps that was the small difference than against QPR, who I thought were similar to 'Boro in the sense that that were a good side too. We competed but faded a bit in that game, but today we were slightly wiser, had a bit more belief, and you can't really knock anyone without having to be extra anal.

Absolutely buzzing tonight and I hope all you are too.

Grendel

Warnock was excellent at getting promotion but was an abject failure at the top level. You are correct in your assessment.

hey you’ve woke up going to pretend you went today?

Mcbean

That’s a great afternoon ! Very happy - had a beer and ordered a curry to celebrate ! We deserved that big time - Warnocks a can’t 🤣

PVA

It actually feels like we're an established Championship side. Its an unbelievable turn around. We've made massive strides since the days of scratching around in League 2 playing Forest Green and Yeovil.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Last year although we obviously survived comfortably in the end and had some really good performances you could tell that we were a newly promoted side.

Pretty much every other team looked a step above - quicker, stronger, more skilful.

Now, we feel like one of them. Blackpool reminded me of us last year, we were clearly just a class above them.

You love to see it.

procdoc

It actually feels like we're an established Championship side. Its an unbelievable turn around. We've made massive strides since the days of scratching around in League 2 playing Forest Green and Yeovil.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Also operated on a limited budget and played in Brum for two seasons, remarkable manager for us

Johnnythespider

Absolutely loved that today, every player was on it and when you're playing a Warnock side you have to be, i couldn't believe that triple save by Moore, Vic took his goal brilliantly, i thought he'd overcooked it going round the keeper and Waghorn got the goal his performance deserved.

RegTheDonk

Great result, always worried about conceding so nice to see they can fluff chances as well as our boys. Defence very firm - thought Faz was a rock and covered as much ground as someone 10 years his junior. I would have wanted MR to start with Vic and Godden as looking through my tinted specs I want them to do well as a partnership, but glad the gaffer knows more than me and pleased for Wags, showed good strength and hopefully that will do his confidence some good.

Don't get why Vic was giving it the ears when he scored, thought he knew we all love him?

Well done City and also to the fans, good vibe we're getting now.

Users who are viewing this thread