Match Thread Bolton Wanderers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Aug (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Should the leagues below the premier league have VAR like them then too? Good question in my opinion and I think they should, the rule changes this season apply to all of the leagues but VAR is only for the Prem? Back to the money thing again i suppose and still shows the divide between the premier league and anything else, the money is in the top league though and always will be because that is where the world interest is so don’t expect any different, going back to our result though and performance, we have to win them games and create more chances that aren’t gonna be subject to poor officiating by scoring goals that can’t allow that to happen, it is what it is and we should have created more and had more efforts that wouldn’t give the officials a chance to intervene, anyway onwards and upwards let’s see how we progress
I don't know what the answer is. What I do know is that if the official doesn't put his flag up for offside the ref shouldn't overrule him, especially when it's been a goal. Twice.

SeaSeeEffCee

Talk about over reactions. We've had the most embarrassing result in the clubs history, to we're going to be languishing 17th in the table come the end of the season.

We've played 2 games, haven't been beaten, haven't conceded a goal and have 4 points.
Some of you need to put the keyboard away for a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not conceding any goals against a youth team and a team who lost 3-0 at home today isn’t an achievement.

DannyThomas_1981

We were playing a youth team. This result and the performance are utter embarrassments. Offside goals or not we were awful today. Any other team in this league would have comfortably won today.

We were not awful today. Did you actually watch the game? Did you see any positives?

pusbccfc

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'll leave it short for now, but there is a lot of denial from some on here tonight. The disallowed goals are allowing some people to make excuses.

We played a youth team and failed to win, that's extremely embarrassing. Of course we will see if it carries on, but as someone who worries about our ability to put the ball in the net, today was just another warning.

kg82

Probably for the first time ever, I would be! I’m not taking them lightly, but I just can’t see us losing today. And if we’re serious about promotion, we can’t lose.

This will teach me. Suppose we didn’t lose, but doesn’t feel like a point gained.

Nick

Administrator
I'll leave it short for now, but there is a lot of denial from some on here tonight. The disallowed goals are allowing some people to make excuses.

We played a youth team and failed to win, that's extremely embarrassing. Of course we will see if it carries on, but as someone who worries about our ability to put the ball in the net, today was just another warning.

The denial seems to be people trying the hardest to be outraged by it.

pusbccfc

Exactly.

Skybluefaz

0-0 away in a game we absolutely dominated is not shocking. These things happen in football.

Sometimes I'm completely embarrassed to be a fan of this club. Not by the performances on the pitch but by such hysterical reactions of our fans when things don't quite go our way.
The singular result is bad, plus the indication that we're not anywhere near solving our goal scoring problems. That is my issue.

skyblue1991

Whilst we are pissed off we had three goals disallowed they probably were all offside.

We failed to beat a youth team. That isn't good enough. No excuses.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

If Bolton have built a wall in front of their goal people would blame the team.

We weren't at our best today but think we will get better. That Godden/Jobello chance, once they know where each other are that's a goal. One example of many.

It's very difficult to win a football match when something so fundamental as the officials applying the laws is skewed against you.

Whilst we are pissed off we had three goals disallowed they probably were all offside.

We failed to beat a youth team. That isn't good enough. No excuses.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
No they weren't. The linesmen didn't flag for either of the first two. WTF is that all about. Clear as day penalties missed.

Honestly is this was a fair fight it would have been a comfortable win and people on here saying we did a professional job. The problem was the officials time and time and time again.

Users who are viewing this thread