Bolton Latest Announcement (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What about when we had a load of players away on international duty, Armstrong etc, and were told the match couldn't be postponed. If that happens in future just refuse to play and the game will be rearranged.

Exactly and as long as we don't do it again we won't lose any points.

Same as if we have a potential playoff deciding game and we have a key player injured for a week, just cancel it until the player is back.

skybluegod

Yes it is. The majority of the players were 18+, only 4 were 17 who started against us.

They made out they were playing their u12's.

4 17 year olds isn't exactly a small number is it? With 5 games in 2 1/2 weeks was it? Wouldn'tpersonally view that as fair. If they had cancelled the game against us I agree. But it was the amount of games in the short period of time that needs to be taken into account.

chiefdave

4 17 year olds isn't exactly a small number is it? With 5 games in 2 1/2 weeks was it? Wouldn'tpersonally view that as fair. If they had cancelled the game against us I agree. But it was the amount of games in the short period of time that needs to be taken into account.
But in that situation they should follow the same procedure we did when we had a lot of players away on international duty. Make a request to the EFL for the game to be postponed. They can then decide in advance if the request has merit or not.

Just deciding for yourself that you're not going to play is not on, that should be a forfeit.

Nick

Administrator

Does that mean if we have loads of games and injury prone players we can cancel them?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But in that situation they should follow the same procedure we did when we had a lot of players away on international duty. Make a request to the EFL for the game to be postponed. They can then decide in advance if the request has merit or not.

Just deciding for yourself that you're not going to play is not on, that should be a forfeit.

I thought they did and EFL refused, so they just cancelled it anyway?

skybluegod

I agree it should be a forfeit.

I don't believe it should be a deduction

CJ_covblaze

Which is why I argue West Brom’s bottom at Xmas was not the great escape - we actually needed a point deduction to stay up

And the funniest thing about that is who finished 3rd bottom. They somehow blame us for that too.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's still there on the BBC, but they're switching it off soon. Still page 316....

If I'm at home listening to it I put CWR on the TV and then have the text scores on at the same time

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's still there on the BBC, but they're switching it off soon. Still page 316....

If I'm at home listening to it I put CWR on the TV and then have the text scores on at the same time
A few years back they used to put the match attendances on screen as well.

robbiekeane

Does that mean if we have loads of games and injury prone players we can cancel them?
So does the suspended sentence literally mean they just have to not cancel another game in the next 18 months?

that is fucking ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread