Boeing (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Surely there is going to be one hell of a lawsuit launched against this culpable company. Two plane loads of deaths on their hands !!

skybluegod

Hope not.
Indicative of society if people do. Money won't bring back the dead.
Boeing didn't knowingly (at least not to our knowledge) build and allow disfunctional planes, not only that but it had to go through hundreds of safety checks before the plane was even built.

The important thing is that they learn from it, fix it and make sure nobody else dies because of it. That is what I would want if it was my family member or myself who had died.

Ashdown

Hope not.
Boeing didn't knowingly (at least not to our knowledge) build and allow disfunctional planes, not only that but it had to go through hundreds of safety checks before the plane was even built.

The important thing is that they learn from it, fix it and make sure nobody else dies because of it. That is what I would want if it was my family member or myself who had died.
Are you actually for real ! They've produced deadly software that ultimately meant the pilots could not control their planes and you think it's just a lesson to be learnt ?!

Johnnythespider

They were working on a fix after the first crash, which begs the obvious question as to why they continued to fly these planes before a fix was found. Criminal negligence of the highest order and they have U.S presidential hopeful Ralph Nader after them as one of the victims was his great niece. He has a history of suing large corporations.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hope not.

McDonnell-Douglas designed the DC-10 with a faulty cargo door that blew out in flight and nearly crashed a plane. They put in place a half-fix and the next time it happened on a flight from Paris to London that went down with 350 on board. Nobody knowingly makes a faulty plane but when a fault becomes apparent and it is this severe it should have their undivided attention.

You can't put a price on a life but there will be families who have lost breadwinners, all who have funerals to cover etc etc. The same fault downed a plane previous to this one. They have not learned their lesson and heads should roll for the oversight

skybluegod

Are you actually for real ! They've produced deadly software that ultimately meant the pilots could not control their planes and you think it's just a lesson to be learnt ?!

Yes I am for real. You act like they have killed people on purpose.

skybluegod

McDonnell-Douglas designed the DC-10 with a faulty cargo door that blew out in flight and nearly crashed a plane. They put in place a half-fix and the next time it happened on a flight from Paris to London that went down with 350 on board. Nobody knowingly makes a faulty plane but when a fault becomes apparent and it is this severe it should have their undivided attention.

You can't put a price on a life but there will be families who have lost breadwinners, all who have funerals to cover etc etc. The same fault downed a plane previous to this one. They have not learned their lesson and heads should roll for the oversight

Yes and I agree it should have their undivided attention. The problem with the first plane crash is that a lot of the evidence was destroyed meaning they had no idea what caused the problem. Not only that but aircraft investigations take years, we dont know for sure the exact cause yet just they had similar problems.

I agree heads should roll and there should be compensation.

But there isn't a need for long protracted lawsuit where each family gets millions. Because then the focus is taken off the solution and placed onto money.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes and I agree it should have their undivided attention. The problem with the first plane crash is that a lot of the evidence was destroyed meaning they had no idea what caused the problem. Not only that but aircraft investigations take years, we dont know for sure the exact cause yet just they had similar problems.

But there isn't a need for long protracted lawsuit where each family gets millions. Because then the focus is taken off the solution and placed onto money.

I don’t think the families want drawn out legal proceedings either to be fair. Flight recorders are sturdy things and in these crashes will be very useful in proving that the nose was being forced down in both cases. That the planes were almost completely destroyed shows they hit at tremendous speed in a near nose down position.

Let’s just get the families compensated and the plane fixed.

Johnnythespider

That's because large corporations only understand money, they were working on a fix for the issue that downed the first plane, a faulty sensor, whilst still allowing these planes to fly, it should have had their undivided attention and they should have grounded these aircraft until it was resolved.

skybluegod

That's because large corporations only understand money, they were working on a fix for the issue that downed the first plane, a faulty sensor, whilst still allowing these planes to fly, it should have had their undivided attention and they should have grounded these aircraft until it was resolved.

Funny that only after today's evidence we know the true story. It wasn't due to the sensor.

Johnnythespider

Funny that only after today's evidence we know the true story. It wasn't due to the sensor.
So it wasn't a sensor fitted to correct the planes flight, due to heavier engines pulling the tail down and lifting the nose, but because of the fault when the plane was level the sensor thought the nose was up and pulled it down. You'd best let the bbc know as this is what they reported Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread