Transfer Rumour Bobby Thomas (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMatt

Yet again I ask, who is whinging????

No ones whinging. people are expressing their shock at the (alleged) price for a lad who hasn't played above league 1.

What in that is whinging????

No doubt these people will be cancelled and have their bank accounts closed next.
This place is unbelievable at times!!!

Clearly clubs know we have funds and are holding us to ransom. (If the rumoured fee is true, which I doubt)
The guaranteed money is probably half that. For a defender that was one of the best in League 1 and only 22, I think would be a great buy.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

fatso

The guaranteed money is probably half that. For a defender that was one of the best in League 1 and only 22, I think would be a great buy.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
I hope your right, I've nothing against the lad and I hope he's brilliant for us. If its 2 million when we get promoted that would be far better. (Which it may well be)

mmttww

£2 million to them is a lot less of a dent to their budget than it is to ours.
I don't see the dent it'll make in our budget having anything to do with whether or not £2m is good value for the player. You're right in what you're saying - budgets of the two clubs are poles apart - but that's nothing to do with this fee.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

That’s an exchange worth losing Gyokeres and Hamer for.

Relying on 5-6 loans a season to plug gaps in the squad is not sustainable for long term.
The loans add extra quality and we would be missing out compared to on our rivals not to take advantage of those opportunities. Apart from Hamer, and to a lesser extent Bidwell and Palmer, virtually all our best players in recent years have at least started as loans. We wouldn't have become a top Championship side without players like Gyokeres, O'Hare, Sheaf, Doyle and McNally.

San Francisco

The loans add extra quality and we would be missing out compared to on our rivals not to take advantage of those opportunities. Apart from Hamer, and to a lesser extent Bidwell and Palmer, virtually all our best players in recent years have at least started as loans. We wouldn't have become a top Championship side without players like Gyokeres, O'Hare, Sheaf, Doyle and McNally.

I think he's referring to fact that without loans we wouldn't have had a defence. It's good to bring in solid loans to bolster and strengthen the starting XI but relying on loans heavily means having to fill in large gaps at the end of every season. Better to have every position covered mostly by perms so squad turnover is low.

Hertsccfc

I think he's referring to fact that without loans we wouldn't have had a defence. It's good to bring in solid loans to bolster and strengthen the starting XI but relying on loans heavily means having to fill in large gaps at the end of every season. Better to have every position covered mostly by perms so squad turnover is low.
I don't see why. I feel it is better to have the extra quality. We wouldn't have got near the play offs without the loan players and we wouldn't have been able to afford players of that quality permanently.

It was the same with other teams. Sunderland wouldn't have made the play offs with Diallo and Sims or Middlesbrough without Archer. We need a balance but I think taking full advantage of Premier League loans is essential at this level.

San Francisco

I don't see why. I feel it is better to have the extra quality. We wouldn't have got near the play offs without the loan players and we wouldn't have been able to afford players of that quality permanently.

It was the same with other teams. Sunderland wouldn't have made the play offs with Diallo and Sims or Middlesbrough without Archer. We need a balance but I think taking full advantage of Premier League loans is essential at this level.

Absolutely. My point is you need to strike a balance.

ptr

Watched him a couple times now and been decent. Thought he played well in the final and said at the time we should be in for him. That probably makes me an ITK now.

SBT

With Conor and George before him, has any surname been this common in our squad over the post-PL years?

higgs

If he's good in the air and good at long throws is he fast enough to get the head on the end of one of his long throws?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Calista

If he's good in the air and good at long throws is he fast enough to get the head on the end of one of his long throws?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Yes, he's an incredible physical specimen and could easily do that, if only it wasn't against the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread