Transfer Rumour Bobby Thomas (1 Viewer)

San Francisco

Seems like you want an argument, or win the internet. You keep moving the goalposts. First the fee was too high, then it was too much from our budget, then it's that they've not played above L1, then that they've not played for their parent club enough. Have fun chasing your tail! I'm out.

You're talking to the same fella who said Jerry Yates was League One dross because he got relegated with Blackpool.

skybluegod

So you've picked 2 players who worked out well for another club, I suppose in that logic Thomas is a shoe in to be a full international.

No I used your exact logic? They were players that's never played above league one level. So i assume your were thrilled with the price we received?

Alkhen

Jeeeesus. Forgot about him 🤪
Swedish International
tiffany pollard GIF

slowpoke

Robins and his new recruitment team have proven their competence in recruitment and their ability to improve raw talents. People need to trust a bit more and not make daft comments about players they clearly know nothing about.
We're entering a new dawn and shopping in a different market, this is what progress looks like.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
As you say Robins is able to deal in a totally different market now, gone are the sisu shackles, STs from what we were used to through the roof, helping to give us a better wage structure, in has come about £20million Gyokeres money & we are actually able to buy players, own them and more to come. Let’s wait until the window shuts at the end of August and then discuss.

Bennettbarnet

As you say Robins is able to deal in a totally different market now, gone are the sisu shackles, STs from what we were used to through the roof, helping to give us a better wage structure, in has come about £20million Gyokeres money & we are actually able to buy players, own them and more to come. Let’s wait until the window shuts at the end of August and then discuss.
This is why I wouldn't see it as such a bad thing if Hamer moved on for ~£15m. Yes he would be a miss - he was arguably the best midfielder in the league last season after all - but as we are seeing with the Gyokeres money, this gives our club the chance to invest for the future.

The model of buying young with high potential is the right one. There's a good chance that the majority of the players we are bringing can be traded up in year 2 of their contracts and £35 odd million from these two player sales could be much higher in a couple of years time if the players value appreciate as much as we expect.

Rinse and repeat, and that right there is a sustainable and successful business model.

ceetee

This is why I wouldn't see it as such a bad thing if Hamer moved on for ~£15m. Yes he would be a miss - he was arguably the best midfielder in the league last season after all - but as we are seeing with the Gyokeres money, this gives our club the chance to invest for the future.

The model of buying young with high potential is the right one. There's a good chance that the majority of the players we are bringing can be traded up in year 2 of their contracts and £35 odd million from these two player sales could be much higher in a couple of years time if the players value appreciate as much as we expect.

Rinse and repeat, and that right there is a sustainable and successful business model.

I agree with that summary but we have to accept that the players we sell may be at their peak value before we want to sell them. We just have to learn to live with that and adapt.

Deity

I’m sure Robins will have commented on Bobby Thomas after the match. Turner is bound to have asked him. They phase the release of the clips to maximise clicks.

No doubt we will see that later tonight ….

Users who are viewing this thread