Bobby Gould wants to meet Joy (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Bobby Gould @TheGouldfather · 10h

Joy Seppala, last nights game showed CCFC future to be a rollacoaster ! How about a meeting face to face to explain your way forward#SISU?

Comments?

Hobo

He can't spell roller coaster.

Grendel

Perhaps he can bore the arse off her like he does with everyone else.

bigfatronssba

What a shame that certain people on here feel the need to make nasty remarks about someone who gave so much to this club, for daring to request a meeting with the daft cow that's destroying it.

RFC

You don't know the reason I'm laughing but not all's perhaps what it appears to be?

Kingokings204

Don't know what he hopes to achieve but at least he cares.

His tweet was actually quite nice. Last nights game was a tragedy and a slow death of a once proud football club. Last night actually brought a tear to my eye. So SO sad.

It is not a "roller costa" bobby

letsallsingtogether

Oh yes another shit manager and player some people just have to slag off anyone who has ever been involved with the City why do they actually support the team?

Or do they.

Grendel

Oh yes another shit manager and player some people just have to slag off anyone who has ever been involved with the City why do they actually support the team?

Or do they.

That's an absurd statement. I never saw him as a player but as a manager who was diabolical.

Astute

That's an absurd statement. I never saw him as a player but as a manager who was diabolical.

Not a bad comment considering it is from someone who says he knows the most about our clubs past ;)

letsallsingtogether

My thoughts exactly but hey what do I know?
Some people just like finding faults in all our ex managers or players.
I know we haven't had a lot of success but most did the best they could.
Then again i am not one for slagging off players or managers, whether it is Gordon Milne or Andy Thorn.
:thinking about: Then again there was Craig Bellamy.

tbf his second spell saw some cracking wins, plenty of goals...

And considering he followed the Don Howe glory months, I thought he did pretty well meself.

mds

How well he did or didnt do is by the by.
He isnt the justice of the peace, isnt the all seeing eye, dosnt have all the answers and cant tell a winner from a loser.
So he meets her, then what, he dosnt like her answers, ah well i spoke to her!
He cant change anything can he? Can He?
WTF is the point?

Much respect for Bobby but that is for decades ago, get involved now if he can make a change, if not why say anything.
Is he leading a consortium, does he have plans on a purchase?
A wise man speaks when he has something to say and all that.....

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Amazing the limits on free speech some people seem to endorse. Its disturbing really.

Hobo

Brought some very good players to the club very cheaply. Admittedly there were a couple that were below par, but I think the good outweighed the bad.

He has always been passionate about the club and not our worst Manager by far.

shy_tall_knight

6 of the cup winning team were bobby gould purchases (oggy, peake, killer, gynn. benno & regis) with only regis costing a significant fee, the rest were bargain buys. He masterminded the biggest FA cup final shock ever for wimbledon. His 92/93 season was great 5-1 Liverpool & 3=0 Villa being the highlights. Highs and lows especially his first spell but the 83/84 reignited my passion for ccfc. always be a legend for me but nothing he can do in this situation other than continue to keep it in the public eye. All publicity is good publicity.

Grendel

Brought some very good players to the club very cheaply. Admittedly there were a couple that were below par, but I think the good outweighed the bad.

He has always been passionate about the club and not our worst Manager by far.

More than a couple. Allardyce, Abramavich, Bamber, Withey, Grimes (for a fairly big fee) Stevens, Platnaur Shamefully never offered ferguson a contract after he saved his skin and then signed Regis who was totally dire under his stewardship - we would have gone down without his sacking and even don Mackey somehow kept the team up.

Remember him running on the pitch during a hammering at Leicester and I think he went after another thumping a few days later (Luton).

Still by bringing him back he eventually completed the work that butcher and Howe started - bringing the club back to constant relegation candidates post the golden years of John Sillett.

He even developed nepotism to almost Strachanesque levels.

If he wasn't a Cov Kid (as he constantly reminds us) no one would take him seriously.

Hobo

More than a couple. Allardyce, Abramavich, Bamber, Withey, Grimes (for a fairly big fee) Stevens, Platnaur Shamefully never offered ferguson a contract after he saved his skin and then signed Regis who was totally dire under his stewardship - we would have gone down without his sacking and even don Mackey somehow kept the team up.

Remember him running on the pitch during a hammering at Leicester and I think he went after another thumping a few days later (Luton).

Still by bringing him back he eventually completed the work that butcher and Howe started - bringing the club back to constant relegation candidates post the golden years of John Sillett.

He even developed nepotism to almost Strachanesque levels.

If he wasn't a Cov Kid (as he constantly reminds us) no one would take him seriously.

He had to build a squad very quickly with very little money which accounts for some of the above. Plat air was limited as a footballer but good value for money,...we know you think spending loads of money on players is a waste.

Stuart Pearce anyone ? I could go on G but most fans know who he signed...no one has a perfect record.

shmmeee

You don't know the reason I'm laughing but not all's perhaps what it appears to be?

tumblr_m1t5k7ZAlG1rqec9uo1_500.gif

DazzleTommyDazzle

BG came into the club when the vast majority of players had been allowed to run down their contracts and decided to depart - largely in protest at the removal of Dave Sexton.

He had a limited time and a limited budget to bring in the bulk of a new squad.

According to every pundit that year, we were the biggest certainties for relegation in history.

Within 12 months he'd brought in Trevor Peake, Terry Gibson, Dave Bennett, Micky Gynn, Stuart Pearce, Steve Ogrizovic and Brian Kilkline.

If that is the record of a "diabolical" manager, I'm not sure what adjectives we could apply to the majority that have followed him.

Voice_of_Reason

You must be joking ? He bought a lot of unkowns and formed them into an effective Division 1 (Premiership now) capable of performing at the highest level. Bad manager ? No way. As a player he was dominant, so much so Arsenal bought him us.

Hobo

Of course G he did manage Andy Thorne? May have given him his career, is that what is making you grouchy this morning.

covspain

He recruited the majority of the players that won the F.A. Cup for us in ´87 and he scored 25 goals for us the season we got promoted to the top division for thr first and only time in our history. That'll do for me.

rupert_bear

Have to agree with Grendel on this one, you have to take the whole manager package, granted he did sniff out some very good players in his early days when he signed over a dozen about half turned out good signings, but his man-management skills were non existent and as a result couldn't get players to play for him consistently. As Grendel said Regis was a £300000 flop under Gould became almost an international centre-forward once Gould left and Sillett took over. He sacked John Sillett as coach, never gave a reason, played son Jonathon over Oggy, a sackable offence in itself.

Read Vinny Jones's verdict on Gouldy the messiah at Wimbledon, their players told him and Don Howe how they were going to play, who was going to play, what system and who to buy, Gould and Howe did as they were told, trained the team and spoke to the press. Gould used his Wales manager position to get a bit of revenge on Jones and stripped the Welsh captaincy off him.

Grendel

He recruited the majority of the players that won the F.A. Cup for us in ´87 and he scored 25 goals for us the season we got promoted to the top division for thr first and only time in our history. That'll do for me.

The fact he signed half the team and they performed woefully under him is hardly testimony to managerial ability.

Users who are viewing this thread