Bobby Gould on TalkSport (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

Bobby Gould will be on TalkSport this morning at about 11:15. Can someone give a brief synopsis of what he says? I can't listen to the radio at work

Andy Gray attempting the PUSB Song. He got the tune a little wrong and maybe a couple of words, but good effort.

So far they have just spoken about what we already know. Nothing new to report.

Otis

Yep, all about the City.

Keys again saying liquidation the most likely outcome and it be starting all over again at parks level.

Gould saying that when he resigned at QPR the club were 1.5 m in debt and the plan was to sell Phil Babb for 3m to Liverpool and any remainder was supposed to be for new players. He couldn't work out how we went from there to 65m in debt.

Gouldy also saying he has said all this season long that he has offered to help the club out for nothing but still to this day not received as much as a single phone call from anyone. :facepalm:

TheBoss

Gray makes a good point in saying there's no football people running the club, here lies the main problem, we've been purely treated as a business.

Gouldy 'hasn't received 1 phone call to ask him for help" I wander why Gouldy you babbling idiot.

kg82

Somebody offers their help for free I think the least they can expect is a call saying thanks but no thanks.

As for the no football people running the club, that argument wears a bit thin with me. Not many clubs are run by football people and even when we were with Ranson, what good did that actually do?

dongonzalos

Paxman, do you think SISU will be the bigger man and turn the other cheek to all these lies been said about them again on national radio.

Or do you think they will address each point from the horses mouth and put a stop to these lies and rumours. Or do you think they will give the fans a bit of honesty and admit what the true situation is. Or do you think they will keep quite not admit the truth as it is financially damaging to them and hope the media get bored and move onto to another topic. Whilst the fans are left feeling alienated and at best lied to again.

King-Dion

They all seemed on a downer, talking about liquidation of the club as there is no money in Coventry and Sisu are flat broke. Worst case scenario, the club folds and ceases to exist. I think we need a small miracle if things are not to go from bad to worse.

kg82

Are there measures that can be taken by anybody but the owners to stop liquidation? Are there steps that have to be taken to liquidate? Like, with admin, you have to declare an intention don't you, before you go into admin? Also, once liquidation has been declared (if this is the process) can people still offer money to buy the club?

Sorry, I'm a finance dunce! Know nothing on these things.

Astute

They all seemed on a downer, talking about liquidation of the club as there is no money in Coventry and Sisu are flat broke. Worst case scenario, the club folds and ceases to exist. I think we need a small miracle if things are not to go from bad to worse.

SISU are not skint. We are not owned by SISU. We are run by SISU as they run the fund. We are owned by investors that have money in a fund which includes our club. The odds are they don't want to invest any more cash in us at worse.

We know they are interested in fresh investment in our club. To me this means investing in the fund which includes our club. Any fresh investment would dilute shares in this fund for present fund holders. It looks like any new funds would be to pay the rent and maybe strengthen our squad. This could be why any takeover attempt has failed so far. In the business world any losses are only solidified when shares or companies are sold or folded. For this reason SISU will keep us running as long as they can until a profit can be made. This would be done by getting promotion and then being in with a decent chance of getting into the Prem. Owning our ground would also make us worth much more. CCC refuse to sell them the ground though.

Otis

Sisu are like an agent. Except it is all very secretive and behind closed doors so you don't know who any of the investors are.

They are a secret agent.

Astute

Are there measures that can be taken by anybody but the owners to stop liquidation? Are there steps that have to be taken to liquidate? Like, with admin, you have to declare an intention don't you, before you go into admin? Also, once liquidation has been declared (if this is the process) can people still offer money to buy the club?

Money talks. If it did come to liquidation, which I don't think it will, then it means they are after as much cash as they can get. If there was more money than this available then it would be in their best interests to take an offer.

Godiva

If sisu decide to liquidate the club, their first step would be to cut all costs. That would include firing all staff, releasing all players and return all licenses.
At that point the club will effectively be dead. Clearing up the rest is just the funeral.

Stoppercurtis

The Boss - Have more respect for a Sky Blue legend. Gould was born in Coventry I played agaist his brother Trevor. He was a great centre forward for us and as our Manager created the team that won the cup in 87. He does not deserve the sort of slagging off your giving him.

Stopper

PhilWasn'tBabb

Given the publicity which liquidate is getting both via Keys and also the coucil it would say alot if SISU don't come out and put a stop to these rummors

1nilandwe...

What Stopper said.

I hope hope hope that all this talk of liquidation is some sort of hard-ball to get the rent lowered, but it's a blooming lousy thing to do even if that objective is met.

None of this feels real at the moment. I feel like I'm in limbo.

KarmicChris

I'm no financial or legal expert but surely there can be some kind of injuction against putting us into liquidiation. For the good of the City or something like that? I doubt the Council would just stand by and let it happen, or is that all they can do?

mark82

I'm no financial or legal expert but surely there can be some kind of injuction against putting us into liquidiation. For the good of the City or something like that? I doubt the Council would just stand by and let it happen, or is that all they can do?

I guess as they own the company (on behalf of their investors) they can do what they like. As much as I don't like it, it is their business. As an investment fund their sole aim will be to do whatever is best for their investors.

chiefdave

there is talk down this way of a Portsmouth supporters group trying to buy Pompey out of liquidation, should that happen to them. Their idea is that the council buy Fratton Park and the supporters group buys the license for the club. They are then looking to potentially take legal action against the FL to keep their position in the league rather than drop down to non-league. The basis of this is that the FL have passed Pompey owners as fit and proper when they clearly aren't.

not sure how successful they would be but we may have to keep an eye on developments and look to go down a similar route ourselves if the worst comes to the worst.

Nonleagueherewecome

I guess as they own the company (on behalf of their investors) they can do what they like. As much as I don't like it, it is their business. As an investment fund their sole aim will be to do whatever is best for their investors.

No they can't, the FA and Football League wouldn't allow them to do it on a whim, they'd have to show that there was no way the club continue under new owners. Football clubs aren't treated just like any other business; they are a part of the community and have a slightly more protected status.

KarmicChris

No they can't, the FA and Football League wouldn't allow them to do it on a whim, they'd have to show that there was no way the club continue under new owners. Football clubs aren't treated just like any other business; they are a part of the community and have a slightly more protected status.

That's what I was thinking. All these community stuff that goes on. Surely the Government would want to keep all that going

stupot07

Gouldy also saying he has said all this season long that he has offered to help the club out for nothing but still to this day not received as much as a single phone call from anyone. :facepalm:

I have a slight problem with this. Did he actually ring/email/write to the AT or the club to offer his help, or was the offer of help just communicated via a soundbite in the CET and on CWR? IMO the latter isn't really an true offer of help, however if he did call/email/write to AT or the club and they didn't respond then I would agree that they should have responded even just to say thank you by no thanks.

Last edited:

Godiva

Your post got me searching the FA regulations, and all I could find is this:

12. Dissolution
(a) A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at a General Meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least three-quarters of the members present.
(b) The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members of the Club Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the Club.
(c) Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the Club shall be transferred to another Club, a Competition, the Parent County Association or The FA for use by them for related community sports.

Nowhere can I find evidence that FA can deny a club to dissolve if the clubs owners decide to do so.

If you have a link, please post it.

Sisu are like an agent. Except it is all very secretive and behind closed doors so you don't know who any of the investors are.

They are a secret agent.

Not very secret...we know their name...where they live...all the people in the organisation.....:facepalm:

theprince

Lets look at Bobby Gould's offer of help another way. Andy Thorn knows him and has played for him perhaps thats why Gould's offer of help was never considered. Other than access to the dressing room what other help could Gould offer ?

Users who are viewing this thread