Bob Wesson (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Sad news. The name comes flooding back. As a kid I maybe saw him in a couple of games before Bill Glazier was between the sticks. RIP Bob.

Malaka

Met him in Dover once, he was driving coaches for a living. Spent half an hour with me talking about his City days. Lovely man. RIP Bob

slowpoke

Saw him make one of the best ever saves I’ve witnessed which was often mentioned after “remember that Bob Wesson save” wonder if any older fans remember it.
We were playing Charlton at home and their player Alan Campbell who went in to be a bit of a star at Brum hit a volley on the edge of the box it went like a bullet and Wesson dived full length from one post to the other and caught the ball, it brought the house down. Bob was a a good keeper mostly number two to Bill Glazier but you never worried if he had to come in for Bill.

R.I.P. Bob

robofcov

Bob used to run the off-licence in Albany Road when i was in my early teens , we used to walk up the alley between the back of the shop and Kensington laundry reach over the wall load up with bottles then take them round front and cash them in , that was until one day he caught us kept us in the shop till police arrived back of the panda car took us home to parents.
Got banned from the shop which upset my late mum more than anything as before the laws changed i would go down once a week and get a bottle filled with sherry for her................
RIP Bob, there you go Mum you can tell him off for your sherry -less nights now

fatso

Bob used to run the off-licence in Albany Road when i was in my early teens , we used to walk up the alley between the back of the shop and Kensington laundry reach over the wall load up with bottles then take them round front and cash them in , that was until one day he caught us kept us in the shop till police arrived back of the panda car took us home to parents.
Got banned from the shop which upset my late mum more than anything as before the laws changed i would go down once a week and get a bottle filled with sherry for her................
RIP Bob, there you go Mum you can tell him off for your sherry -less nights now
Lol, I used to do the same thing at the pub in craven Street, that had the counter on the side wall which was called the outdoor, we'd climb over the fence, pinch some empties and pass them to a mate who'd take them into the pub and get a few pennies for them, and then we'd go down the road to the chippy for a free supper! Good days.

Users who are viewing this thread