Bob Ainsworth speaks out again (1 Viewer)

cloughie

I am suprised none has picked up On Bob Ainsworth speech today regarding corruption and fraud in football. He mentioned money laundering and referred to it in the same sentence as speaking about CCFC.

I find this very interesting as I have heard from other sources about this being the reason why sisu are still here.

jesus-wept

Got answer too from Home Secretary, not specifically about us but did agree with financial crime being looked at at the moment. There is certain to be Government legislation in football now as there is in other EU counties

ohitsaidwalker king power

Please all just remember that Mr Ainsworth has parliamentary privileges not extended to others....free speech is one thing.. big brother may well be watching.

cloughie

Mr Bob Ainsworth (Coventry North East) (Lab): What assessment has the Home Secretary made of the police’s capacity to investigate business crime associated with football? There is growing concern about money laundering, fraud and tax evasion. I am particularly concerned, of course, with what has recently gone on at Coventry City football club.
Mrs May: I am not aware of the specific issue the right hon. Gentleman raises in relation to a particular football club, but the whole question of financial crime, which I believe we have not given sufficient attention to across the board in this country, will be given a much clearer focus after the creation of the economic crime command in the National Crime Agency. The command will be able to look at various sorts of financial crime. He mentioned money laundering, which is an area on which we are already putting an extra focus, because of the support it gives to organised crime groups.

SkyblueBazza

Mr Bob Ainsworth (Coventry North East) (Lab): What assessment has the Home Secretary made of the police’s capacity to investigate business crime associated with football? There is growing concern about money laundering, fraud and tax evasion. I am particularly concerned, of course, with what has recently gone on at Coventry City football club.
Mrs May: I am not aware of the specific issue the right hon. Gentleman raises in relation to a particular football club, but the whole question of financial crime, which I believe we have not given sufficient attention to across the board in this country, will be given a much clearer focus after the creation of the economic crime command in the National Crime Agency. The command will be able to look at various sorts of financial crime. He mentioned money laundering, which is an area on which we are already putting an extra focus, because of the support it gives to organised crime groups.

Which almost comes across as a kind of warning to the fraudsters to work hard to cover their tracks & be more careful before said agencies can get their teeth into anything?!

RPHunt

As well as clearing up everything else that SISU have been accused of, it would be nice to know why they were so desperate to make their investment in CCFC (or earlier in Southampton) by 14 December 2007.

It was probably a coincidence that tighter money laundering regulations became law on 15 December 2007.

georgehudson

so, imho, just for once in your life TF, why not actually speak the truth, or,
is that really too much to ask ?
or,
has JS given you your edit ?
p.s. i hear there is a large sum of dosh for anyone to post a photo of JS

Users who are viewing this thread