Blues...off the pitch (1 Viewer)

vow

Some names we dont see in the forums anymore on this thread. It made me think of the alias thread, are they all still about with different names?
I understand that snitches get stitches and end up in ditches but....pretty sure

LeamingtonBootBoy = Juggy

Legia Sky Blue

The police will be organised for this unlike the Derby game.

Never really been trouble between Cov and Blue as the Ricoh.

There was loads of trouble in the night game just after McSheffrey left us to join them.

A long time ago I know but when we played them in the cup at HR in 1981 there was a record amount of arrests at a Cov game, around about 150.

Grendel

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There was loads of trouble in the night game just after McSheffrey left us to join them.

A long time ago I know but when we played them in the cup at HR in 1981 there was a record amount of arrests at a Cov game, around about 150.

I remember that, was about 2006, midweek and 27-28K crowd. It was the first time I had been to a game versus Birmingham. We had Kevin Kyle and McKenzie up top and they had Jerome, Bendtner (who was decent back then) and McSheffrey up top (if my memory is right). You could tell which team was going to get promoted and who was going to have a poor season.

The return game was played in April on a Sunday at 2pm which I thought was odd considering it wasn’t on SkySports. Never found out why.

fernandopartridge

There were 172 arrests when we played Forest in the league cup semi 1990

chiefdave

We've had 5k Blues at the Ricoh before, I'm not sure what all the worry is about
We've got a not insignificant section of our support who love to constantly talk about impending trouble. How many times did we hear of impending 'carnage at New Street' when going to our games at St Andrews and how many times was there any actual trouble?

Problem is there's the danger that it starts whipping people up, suddenly fans on both sides think the other is going to kick off with them and go to the game prepared for trouble.

vow

The geezer from the radio? Doesn’t strike me as a legion type
Yes, that's him from off the radio phone ins.

You're right, he's not Legion just a very naughty boy.....I also remember him from the days of the CET online forum too, always seemed "in the know" and drank in the Wheatsheaf before/after match(?).

Legia Sky Blue

There were 172 arrests when we played Forest in the league cup semi 1990

Didn't know about the Forest game. I was in attendance though, and from what I remember I didnt see much trouble other than some Bedworth ex miners looking to settle some old scores.

The 1981 Birmingham cup game was altogether different with fighting everywhere you turned, I was 16 at the time and at college where one of our lecturers had a husband who was a Cov based magistrate, and who had been dragged in specially on the Sunday because so many had to go through the Courts. One of those arrested was a pro boxer (can't remember his name) who although being only something like a featherweight had sparked out about 4 zulus.

Users who are viewing this thread