Blues Game (2 Viewers)

ccfchoi87

I do wonder what iFollow is doing to the attendances. Lot easier to “boycott” if you can watch in your pants with a can at home.

Ifollow is infuriating for me and I hope they can clamp down more on the use of VPN’s. I know fans like Nick are paying for it, but a lot watch on Facebook streams or down the pub. Ironically, it’s those fans that are the first to complain when we have to sell a player.

shmmeee

Ifollow is infuriating for me and I hope they can clamp down more on the use of VPN’s. I know fans like Nick are paying for it, but a lot watch on Facebook streams or down the pub. Ironically, it’s those fans that are the first to complain when we have to sell a player.

As someone who can’t get to a lot of games (couldn’t have done last weekend for example, since the divorce kids come first and childcare is hard to come by) I get really annoyed at the “anyone got a stream” people. I pay the sub for iFollow and know the club is getting money. Same as people that used to boast about getting in on kids tickets. I’m subsidising your tight arse!

jordan210

Are you offering?

Already got my usual 2

The whole of Tilton around to Main Kop, is about 17k i read somewhere.

Doesnt look like we will sell out.

9k sold and were behind the goal, means at least 1/2 k season ticket holders not bought?

was just pointing out, as I know a few wanted behind the goal.

theferret

So club are saying the last available block in Tilton is being sold - T08, which will likely sell out today. We'll then have a period where tickets are temporarily sold out. Tomorrow ST seats are released and when they're sold, that's it. So both clubs will have sold out, but they'll be 8000 seats unsold for segregation. That's a lot of missed revenue for the club.

luwalla

As someone who can’t get to a lot of games (couldn’t have done last weekend for example, since the divorce kids come first and childcare is hard to come by) I get really annoyed at the “anyone got a stream” people. I pay the sub for iFollow and know the club is getting money. Same as people that used to boast about getting in on kids tickets. I’m subsidising your tight arse!

genuine question... I pay for season tickets for a family of four( small fortune ) and have done for last 15 years +, I pay for seasonal parking at the grounds, I buy kids shirts ( sometimes home & away ) every season, buy food and drink at every game, pay to go the kit launches AND I was paying for a VPN & follow for away games, however the VPNs I used all got blocked. I paid for new ones & they got blocked. I spent weeks trying to fiddle around and get follow to work & just couldnt . in the end ive ended up watching on streams now. How do you get it to reliably work on follow every week...

I want to watch my club play, if there is a way to do that and ive exhausted all ways to do it properly, then im not going to turn off a free stream.. if the club & EFL want the money to go to clubs then stop doing stupid things like this where they make it easier for people to watch it free than it is to pay to watch it - its gonna happen anyway, so make it available to all. I also dont buy into 'ifollow is killing attendees' peep who want to watch it live & can watch it live will!

honestly I dont feel like im robbing the club of anything given what I spend year on year, and yeah I got pissed off with my mates bragging about how they got in on kids tickets or even worse didn't have tickets at all and said they just went out for a smoke or whatever and got in week after week at the Ricoh

Londonccfcfan

So club are saying the last available block in Tilton is being sold - T08, which will likely sell out today. We'll then have a period where tickets are temporarily sold out. Tomorrow ST seats are released and when they're sold, that's it. So both clubs will have sold out, but they'll be 8000 seats unsold for segregation. That's a lot of missed revenue for the club.

Thats ridiculous if true!

The end of the Tilton has a natural Segregation zone as its the end of the block/stand!...why would they leave iit half empty?

ccfchoi87

genuine question... I pay for season tickets for a family of four( small fortune ) and have done for last 15 years +, I pay for seasonal parking at the grounds, I buy kids shirts ( sometimes home & away ) every season, buy food and drink at every game, pay to go the kit launches AND I was paying for a VPN & follow for away games, however the VPNs I used all got blocked. I paid for new ones & they got blocked. I spent weeks trying to fiddle around and get follow to work & just couldnt . in the end ive ended up watching on streams now. How do you get it to reliably work on follow every week...

I want to watch my club play, if there is a way to do that and ive exhausted all ways to do it properly, then im not going to turn off a free stream.. if the club & EFL want the money to go to clubs then stop doing stupid things like this where they make it easier for people to watch it free than it is to pay to watch it - its gonna happen anyway, so make it available to all. I also dont buy into 'ifollow is killing attendees' peep who want to watch it live & can watch it live will!

honestly I dont feel like im robbing the club of anything given what I spend year on year, and yeah I got pissed off with my mates bragging about how they got in on kids tickets or even worse didn't have tickets at all and said they just went out for a smoke or whatever and got in week after week at the Ricoh

I can assure you there are several people who I know to go to several games a year and now go the various pubs instead. Infuriating

shmmeee

And you would be right. I cannot believe they have allowed 7 blocks for segregation.

I don’t always speak absolute shite ;)

No, I’m with you. I’m lucky that I can still get on without a VPN somehow and I thank the non existent deity that’s the case. If not I’d probably be in your situation. I meant more those that come on during a midweek game available on U.K. iFollow asking.

Last edited:

Grendel

Are you offering?

Already got my usual 2

The whole of Tilton around to Main Kop, is about 17k i read somewhere.

Doesnt look like we will sell out.

9k sold and were behind the goal, means at least 1/2 k season ticket holders not bought?

I haven’t bought mine yet I’m going this afternoon

oldfiver

I haven’t bought mine yet I’m going this afternoon

The limit is 20,000 set by the Safety Group ( not the clubs ) - that is 10,000 each
Ticket office expect to be sold out ( subject to ST's ) this afternoon

Unless SAG change minds or can be pursuaded there will be no more than our 10,000

pusbccfc

Looks like we have about 12k and blue 9.6k. 8000 empty seats is silly.

I can understand Blues being limited but not sure why we are. The stands are separate and we are at home.

Grendel

The limit is 20,000 set by the Safety Group ( not the clubs ) - that is 10,000 each

Unless SAG change minds or can be pursuaded there will be no more than our 10,000

That’s a bummer. I was hoping to have a different seat

pusbccfc

I still think they'll give us a few more. We're still the home team.

The issue isn't in the ground. It's outside. Completely segregated inside but obviously a different kettle outside.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

So WMP are happy for fans to drink in the same pubs outside the ground, but the SAG would insist on 8000 empty seats inside the ground? Yeah, that's nuts.

jordan210

I believe we have slightly more. Its a 50-50 split of stadium not tickets. (I may be wrong)

For some reason who ever our safety group is, they have always love ridicoius amounts of seats for segregation. Yesterday there was abut 3-4 sets of seats blocked off for Liverpool vs united. Yet we need 8k

Grendel

My understanding is 10k each are the limits set by SAG

yeah they’ve said they’ve just opened up the last available block today

theferret

My understanding is 10k each are the limits set by SAG

Blues were allocated 9260 as per their own announcement. It'll be more like 11K for us. We'll be at 9.5K by the end of today and they'll be more than 1000 released tomorrow from unsold STs I'm sure.

So, not much difference in the scheme of things, but there will be more of us.

Jukeblue

Both clubs need to show a willingness to fill the ground once the existing 20k seats have sold open up more blocks. Outside will be potentially more tricky if there are loads of Blues regulars milling about unable to get in. How can St Andrews be deemed unsafe for 28'000? They got that vs Baggies in 2015. I've heard all sorts of rumours but the one I'm hoping is true is that it is to ensure high ticket sales in the less popular Main Stand so that once that is full they can open the rest of Gil Merrick to Blues and 3000 more to Sky Blues. 25'000 whist not quite full, would represent a decent effort and generate a terrific atmosphere.

pusbccfc

It's definitely outside the ground that's the issue. Splitting half and half at Wembley is easy to police but around the tight streets in Small Heath? Less so.

D

Deleted member 4439

however the VPNs I used all got blocked.

Although it's got more tricky, there are at least two commons ones that work. The key thing appears to be to delete all of your browsing data.

And before anybody starts, my ST cost 525, I pay for parking, I pay for my beer, and I stopped going to away games due to the coked-up, foul, racist behaviour of some of our supporters. I at least put something in the coffers via ifollow.

theferret

It's definitely outside the ground that's the issue. Splitting half and half at Wembley is easy to police but around the tight streets in Small Heath? Less so.

Policing 20K or 25K isn't much different, especially as all stands are already open to some degree. No different to the old days where FA Cup semi finals were at Villa Park etc. They even used to split the Holte End 50/50. This is nothing like the volatile fixture some are suggesting and I suspect will be much easier to police than a Blues/Villa full house.

theferret

Although it's got more tricky, there are at least two commons ones that work. The key thing appears to be to delete all of your browsing data.

And before anybody starts, my ST cost 525, I pay for parking, I pay for my beer, and I stopped going to away games due to the coked-up, foul, racist behaviour of some of our supporters. I at least put something in the coffers via ifollow.

I'm surprised by that last bit. On Saturday, as it was at Bristol, Tranmere and Wycombe, our support was terrific. Loud, passionate, positive and good humoured, a real credit to the club and the City. Its only really been Rotherham where there has been an unsavoury edgethis season (for me anyway). I know you're talking from personal experiences, but I'd like to think you'd give away days another go soon.

GaryJones

Ive just spoken to the club and they say that only a handful of single seats are left now.
Anyone who is not a season ticket holder will need to wait until after the midnight deadline tonight to get any seats not taken up by season ticket holders.
I asked how many season ticket holders have not yet purchased - the answer was "not that many".
If anyone wants a ticket my advice is buy a single ticket now!
You will probably be able to move around on the day.

Users who are viewing this thread