Blue error screen and then Laptop Reboots. (1 Viewer)

im-confused

I'll be on my laptop for bout 45 - 60 minutes and then the blue error screen will come up and then the whole thing resets.

Any clues what coulod be causing this and also how to stop it? thanks

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Have you done a virus scan?

Nick

Administrator
It sounds like it is Hardware.

It is when you are running anything in particular?

Try doing memory tests etc?

I can post some more programs up tommorow

ccfc1987

Memory dumps like that are mostly always hardware (or drivers) related. If you haven't changed any drivers recently then it's probably hardware.

My recommendation would be :
1) In the startup option of Windows (right click My Computer, advanced), disabled the automatic reboot upon memory dump
2) Next time you have a blue screen, identify the DLL or SYS file in the message.

if it's always the same element that crashes then you found your problem. Google the driver name and see what is the problem.
If you see almost random DLL or SYS files in your blue screen then you have an overheating issue (90% of the time it's the reason) or a simple hardware failure. (pain in the a** but these things happen)
also, that doesn't mean the data is gone, but chances are if you can't boot at all ever again with the laptop you'll have to hook it's drive as a slave on another computer and get your data back. BUT keep in mind that the problem you are describing is NOT a HD issue or you would get the typical "NO HDD detected" or "No bootable OS found" post post-test issue. hope that helps !

ccfc1987

it would help there is any sort off code when the blue screen comes up then reboots,suzooooos mate was getting that so i turned of the check disk and that stoped the rebooting,

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Does it just pop up without warning ?
If yes it sounds like the blue screen of death !
It can be caused by a number of problems including missing drivers, memory problems and overheating... among other things.
The only way you can get rid of the error is if you fix the specific problem, or reinstall windows completely.
You need try to try and figure out what is causing it.
For instance: I get the blue screen of death when i plug stuff into my usb ports.

im-confused

Well It's only happened to me twice, and Both times, It has been fairly hot at the bottom. also, It seems to happen shortly after I load U-Torrent. I don't know if this was just coincidence, but yeah, the screen pops up without warning, and before I have a chance to read anything on there, The whole thing re-boots.

I'm hoping it was just a one off, but I'm gonna download a different torrent server and make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help!

Users who are viewing this thread