Bloody TV ads! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
:mad:

What is your most hated TV ad? Mine has GOT to be all those bloody 118 ads!! I just wanna punch those pair of total prats right in their stupid false moustached faces!

Marty

we buy any car.com, if theres an advert to put you off a company, then thats it.

rob9872

we buy any car.com, if theres an advert to put you off a company, then thats it.

THIS x 10000 !!!!

(and their radio equivalent is even worse!) :(

ajsccfc

Those awful meerkat adverts, made worse when people actually start to say 'simples'. You're a tool of THE MAN as soon as you fall into that trap.

Houchens Head

THIS x 10000 !!!!

(and their radio equivalent is even worse!) :(

Similar feelings to the Go Compare ads. Stoopid opera singer! Who writes these bleedin' things?

Houchens Head

Those awful meerkat adverts, made worse when people actually start to say 'simples'. You're a tool of THE MAN as soon as you fall into that trap.

Quite like the meerkats! ;)

TheRoyalScam

'I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free.

Rip-off company - first one's overpriced anyway......................

Houchens Head

'I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free, I said you buy one, you get one free.

Rip-off company - first one's overpriced anyway......................

The bloke in the ad actually owns the company!

egastap

Don't have this problem over here. We only use a PVR for our TV and it has a 'whip through the ads' button. Brilliant! Of course there are some ads you might want to see, although not many, as they are every bit as infuriating as some of your UK ads....if not more (especially the Yank ones)

Coventry La La La

capital-logo.bmp

The capital FM 102.2 Birmingham advert...

dutchman

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there seems to be a false break before the end of the adverts so that when you fast forward through them, you think they've finished, hit 'play' and then find there are still a few more to go before the programme restarts?

AngryAnt

Yup this +1.

I can't stand those ads and normally change the station/channel when i hear it.
Honestly if they want your custom, their not doing a good job.

Also the 118 ads are pretty bad but mostly due to the fact that the twins who were on it to start with started asking for more money apparently, so they got dumped and replaced by two even bigger muppets.

egastap

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there seems to be a false break before the end of the adverts so that when you fast forward through them, you think they've finished, hit 'play' and then find there are still a few more to go before the programme restarts?

Yeah this is a North American tactic.....designed to fool us. However with a bit of research I found that the average ad break is 3 minutes (except for American Idol which is 4 minutes) you can set your 'ad button' accordingly. It's accurate to within a few seconds....brilliant.....no ads. It's surprising how short some of these shows really are when you cut out the ads. For instance Corrie is only 20 minutes per episode.

Users who are viewing this thread