Blokes who sit behind you! (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Had a corker today, was sat in Block A, 10 minutes in "DO SOMETHING MOWBRAY" was bellowed and continued until half time. "SHOOOOOOOT" was a constant too, maybe every 2-3 minutes, he also loved "TACKLE HIM"....

But the best one was this, had me in stitches. To set the story, i feel i need to mention the fact that both players mentioned are black..... Peterborough's Almedia Santos fouled Armstrong on the edge of the area, and after having been booked a few minutes earlier another booking looked possible. After a short melee the ref started having a word with Jermaine Anderson.......Fella sat behind pipes up, top of his voice "REF.REF...IT WASN'T HIM...................IT WAS THE OTHER ONE" Unbelievable!!:facepalm:

M&B Stand

the beauty of the Internet is you can vent anonymously without fronting the fella up face to face. Phew

Hobo

Well it wasnt me as I was with the wife in block 21 row NN. I think when she stood up and vented just before half time was a game changer though. Did anyone else see Murphy had a different hairstyle in the second half?

gspotgaz

Always amazes me how angry some people are at anything , had a bloke behind me screaming ARMSTRONG YOURE FUCKING SHIT after he gave the ball away once .

You do wonder why they bother

FourKingGreat

I found out today that the bloke who sits behind me unfortunately passed away after the Blackpool game. Bit of perspective for you. Only knew him from the footy. So that's my take on the thread. RIP John. Fit as a fiddle pensioner.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I found out today that the bloke who sits behind me unfortunately passed away after the Blackpool game. Bit of perspective for you. Only knew him from the footy. So that's my take on the thread. RIP John. Fit as a fiddle pensioner.

Can I ask where you sit as an old boy in my row who's sat there every game since we moved to the Ricoh wasn't there today always goes past me just before the teams come out but didn't see him today.

FourKingGreat

Can I ask where you sit as an old boy in my row who's sat there every game since we moved to the Ricoh wasn't there today always goes past me just before the teams come out but didn't see him today.

We sit in block 18 row M. Seats 22 / 21. The guy I knew was always there from 2:30 onwards. Shame cause last time I said goodbye I thought it would only be until I saw him today.

covcity4life

Did not like the sarcastic cheering of Murphy making a successful pass at one point. Was a large % of crowd that did it.

Idiotic. Not gonna help his confidence and he showed that he's capable of late on

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

We sit in block 18 row M. Seats 22 / 21. The guy I knew was always there from 2:30 onwards. Shame cause last time I said goodbye I thought it would only be until I saw him today.

Different block so not the same guy hopefully he will be back Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about the gentleman by you, it is strange the 'bonds' that are built with those around you don't know much about each other but all have CCFC in common!

FourKingGreat

Different block so not the same guy hopefully he will be back Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about the gentleman by you, it is strange the 'bonds' that are built with those around you don't know much about each other but all have CCFC in common!

I along with a few friends only knew him from the games. So yes a common bond binds us all. Top bloke, who strangely is going to leave a hole at the Ricoh. I assume his seat will be empty for the rest of the season.

i had a bloke sit next to me who was supporting the posh. Soon left after the third goal, although his Cov supporting mate stayed till the end.

Gaz71

There are plenty of idiots at every game, the spare seat next to me today some older chap came in 20 mins into the game and started slagging off all the players and starting giving the away fans verbal which was very annoying as he kept flailing his arms across me to the away fans every 5 mins.

rob9872

Never understood why no one bothers to confront these cretins

Few silly comments in family stand too, but as long as they aren't abusive I don't want confrontation in front of my daughter, as that would make me the tool instead ... do have to bite my lip sometimes though.

Rob S

Today was a good day. Way too many complaints against Murf from normally sensible regulars around me. Got to 40 mins and I just couldn't take it...Murf is like picking a lock. Takes time and patience. Wait until the last twenty minutes says I.

Kid blew it up on 70mins and I just gave it the Angel Arms after our second. Just love it when a player proves me right.

oscillatewildly

Did not like the sarcastic cheering of Murphy making a successful pass at one point. Was a large % of crowd that did it.

Idiotic. Not gonna help his confidence and he showed that he's capable of late on
Yes, I cringed at that too. When we went two down, in exasperation I commented "This could be four or five". An elderly lady in the row in front of me suggested I should go home.
I told her there's a good chance of that happening before half time.
She then went on to say - "Remember what happened last season". Which I had to admit I couldn't recall. (I did miss large chunks of last season)
These old un's, they don't know anything, do they?

Johnnythespider

Always worth remembering for every bloke sitting behind you there is a bloke sitting in front with a different opinion.

shmmeee

Always been the worst thing about our fans. So quick to jump on kids.

Mr pot

I move around every game as I pay on the gate; really enjoyed my seats this game up in B 17 row RR. Every one around me remained in good spirits throughout the first and in the second half I dont know where he came from but a really positive enthusiastic lad came to be along side my son and I. It was the first game I can really say my seven year old REALLY got into supported the team. That young lads positive and clean enthusiasm helped contribute to that.

They were a couple of cranks giving Murphy hell which makes me wonder if they actually go to enough games to realise that Murphys alway shit for 60 minutes. I just sit there and accept that. On the flipside a few guys made some astute calls regarding subs beforehand and got the calls right.

Must of been a lucky day - I've some right foking idiots around me before who think calling everyone of our players shit every time they have a heavy touch or something plenty of times.

Hobo

He was so bad in that first half I thought the crowd had been pretty tolerant of him. He might be a kid and a confidence player, but he has to show a bit more grit and determination when things aren't going well for the team. He was one of the key reason we were being picked off in midfield in the first half along with Fortune, which then made our defence look awful. His body language was awful and he was always looking for free kicks when he had just been muscled off the ball. He was lazy with his distribution repeatedly messing up simple passes. His corners were shocking. Wasting the fact we had about 11 to Peterboroughs one.

This lad has a stack of talent, but he does have to work on his attitude and application. As I said on another thread too much swagger and swank and not enough grit and determination. He has to learn to dig himself out of a hole and battle for the team rather than leave it to others. He only perked up after Vincelot got us back in it. Could be another Bothroyd which would be a total waste of a very good player.

Last edited:

tom88

The woman behind me irritates me. Today she decided to stand up and clap their second goal which is wrong!

She says stuff like "kick it jim" and "your out of position stokesy" when it's fleck she's shouting it too. She even called fortune ricketts

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He was so bad in that first half I thought the crowd had been pretty tolerant of him. He might be a kid and a confidence player, but he has to show a bit more grit and determination when things aren't going well for the team. He was one of the key reason we were being picked off in midfield in the first half along with Fortune, which then made our defence look awful. His body language was awful and he was always looking for free kicks when he had just been muscled off the ball. He was lazy with his distribution repeatedly messing up simple passes. His corners were shocking. Wasting the fact we had about 11 to Peterboroughs one.

This lad has a stack of talent, but he does have to work on his attitude and application. As I said on another thread too much swagger and swank and not enough grit and determination. He has to learn to dig himself out of a hole and battle for the team rather than leave it to others. He only perked up after Vincelot got us back in it. Could be another Bothroyd which would be a total waste of a very good player.

My thought exactly!

fernandopartridge

I was referring more to his 'it was the other one comment'.
What is actually wrong with that? He could be the other anything, it's you and the OP who are so obsessed with perceived racism that you think he meant the other black player. Which isn't racist in the slightest.

D

Deleted member 2477

Had a bloke behind me in block 19 continually shouting and moaning at fleck to use his other foot and stop using his left !

hes left footed ffs. Do we moan at all the right footed players to use their left all the time

Users who are viewing this thread