Block 26 (ish) incident (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Fella had a heart attack start of the game.
They were working on him but it didn't look good.
Had a couple of kids with him was an horrific incident. I fear the worse but hope he's OK.
For the religious among us, maybe offer a prayer
Friend there said it looked awful

Saddlebrains

Saw this when i took my daughter to the toilet. Absolutely horrific and i really hope hes pulled through. Does anyone know for definite?

pusbccfc

Shocking. Thankfully all stadia how the equipment and medical staff trained for incidents like this these days. Hoping he's ok.

SBchimp

Thank fuck for that, was just down from where I was sitting. My wife was in tears when she saw it. Really tough to try and watch the first half after being witness to it.

But he's OK and the 2nd half was an all out party HAPPY DAYS !!

rob9872

Glad to read he's ok, hope he didn't stay til the end or that would've given him another one!

Sbarcher

Awful, hope he is OK.. I was in A&E in resuscitation on Monday after heart failure due to a chest infection...incredibly scary stuff..Made it to the game today although I had to take it easy.
Bet the last 15 minutes were a strain!

Barnsley

This happened at oakwell a couple of years back. Half way trough second half people started shouting for help, paramedics arrived didn’t do anything but cover him up. Was the weirdest thing ever stood watching a match knowing 20 yards away someone lay dead. Rest of ground carrying on and the three blocks nearby just stood in silence/shock awful night.

theferret

Awful to hear this. The thought of his children looking on too, that's just horrible, and I so hope that he has pulled through as suggested.

I remember being very close to the supporter who died at the Sheffield United cup tie (we only learned he died after the game), but I remember not being able to get that out of my head for a while after. I also remember as a young kid and old fella slipping as he came down the steps of the Sky Blue Stand, landing on the steps at the bottom; he died too, awful scenes and I was just a nipper. Puts it all into perspective.

lifeskyblue

I’m so pleased and surprised he survived. It seemed an age before the paramedics got there; the steward was increasingly frantic in trying to get help and when they did arrive the paramedics worked tirelessly (for 5mins plus) to try and revive the guy through the use of CPR. I thought we would learn today that he had died but to hear he hasn’t is wonderful. The steward and paramedics deserve huge praise for their efforts and actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Awful, hope he is OK.. I was in A&E in resuscitation on Monday after heart failure due to a chest infection...incredibly scary stuff..Made it to the game today although I had to take it easy.

Glad you are ok…but sounds a scary few hours for you )and your family). I’m not sure yesterday’s game (well last few minutes) would have been prescribed treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

My son saw what was happening and was worried that you hadn’t made it. He was delighted when he found out you had survived.

Users who are viewing this thread