Blatter now says Goal Line Technlogy is a "Necessity" after Last Night! (2 Viewers)

Stoppercurtis

How long have we been calling for this goal line techology? Some would say since 1966. FIFA is always behind the game and always take far to long to make any decision.

I do feel a little sorry for Ukraine but only a little sorry. We suffered from a much worse decision against Germany two years ago.

Stopper

smileycov

Facebook User
So beacuse England benefit Blatter agrees to it does he? Didn't come out with that shit after The Germany bgame in South Africa did he!! Silly old fart

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he likes England.

I am all for it personally even if it goes against us sometimes.

kg82

Nick, I'm exatly the same. Completely for it. But his timing is not subtle in the slightest.

An English team win a tournment on penalty's and all of a sudden penalty's are not a good way to decide a game. Goal line technology is now needed after it went for us! The man's a joke. Really riles me. Thing is, if the goal had been given we'd have been up in arms about that too as the player was a yard offside when the initial ball was played. Blatter has conveniently missed that - so I tweeted him asking that question!

Oh, and the goal line officials - WHAT do the actually do?!?! Seriously, he was looking right across the line, perfect position! Clueless!

Coventry La La La

I don't use this emote often but when it comes to describing Blatter....... :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Tad

How is this biased muppet allowed to call the shots. He complained when an English team (Chelsea) won the Champions league, he knocked England for there display against Sweden and now this. If I were the FA I'd be demanded he resigned. He clearly has a thing against the English and it's league. He's not fit to have such a big roll in football. The sooner he goes, the better for everyone
Oh, and by the way. Ukraine were offside anyway!

TheHellion

Guys, you are absolutely correct. We all know for a fact that if that had happened at the other end, he wouldn't have said a word, or he would have come out saying "Technology? No chance, blah, blah, blah". He represents everything that is corrupt about the powers-that-be running football. It's very clear he has a personal dislike of anything about English football. I take it he has seen the replay and taken note of fact that the Ukraine player was clearly offside? Or has he managed to "forget" about that bit in order to have another dig at English football? Personally, I think he's a blundering idiot. He doesn't like us, and you know what? I'm damn sure it's a mutual feeling.....

Tad

Guys, you are absolutely correct. We all know for a fact that if that had happened at the other end, he wouldn't have said a word, or he would have come out saying "Technology? No chance, blah, blah, blah". He represents everything that is corrupt about the powers-that-be running football. It's very clear he has a personal dislike of anything about English football. I take it he has seen the replay and taken note of fact that the Ukraine player was clearly offside? Or has he managed to "forget" about that bit in order to have another dig at English football? Personally, I think he's a blundering idiot. He doesn't like us, and you know what? I'm damn sure it's a mutual feeling.....

It takes a lot to wind me up, but this has really done it. How is this man in charge? It's out in the open for everyone to see how corrupt he is. Who has the say over his job? Is it a vote or something. Cause I want one right now.

TheHellion

It takes a lot to wind me up, but this has really done it. How is this man in charge? It's out in the open for everyone to see how corrupt he is. Who has the say over his job? Is it a vote or something. Cause I want one right now.

I think it was probably a case of he "showed them the money" and they duly voted for him in return.

Tad

I think it was probably a case of he "showed them the money" and they duly voted for him in return.

Tell you what, I also follow the ice hockey here in the UK, it has it's problems - granted - but at least it's not as corrupt or silly as this. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. Take it this means he'll be in charge intill the undertaker comes to collect him. Shocking.

TheHellion

Tell you what, I also follow the ice hockey here in the UK, it has it's problems - granted - but at least it's not as corrupt or silly as this. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. Take it this means he'll be in charge intill the undertaker comes to collect him. Shocking.

He probably will. There is something totally corrupt at the heart of football, and Sepp Blatter is almost certainly one of the root causes of it. It's total hypocrisy from him.

wingy

He probably will. There is something totally corrupt at the heart of football, and Sepp Blatter is almost certainly one of the root causes of it. It's total hypocrisy from him.
Lets wait and see what punishment they dish out to us today for that alleged pitch invasion against the Swedes,Blatter he thinks he's fuckin royalty ,we need a"COUP".:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::slap:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Covstu

Chelsea win on penalties and Blatter states tha we need a fairer way to settle a game
England qualify and win on the night due to a bad decision and we need goalline technology.

He certainly has it in for us, cannot wait to see his face when we lift the trophy! :)

Tad

Chelsea win on penalties and Blatter states tha we need a fairer way to settle a game
England qualify and win on the night due to a bad decision and we need goalline technology.

He certainly has it in for us, cannot wait to see his face when we lift the trophy! :)

As great as it would be to win anyway, that would be the icing on the cake for me.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
You could say he is against England, but that technology would say the striker was offside during the build-up to the controversy. The goal shouldn't have stood, even if it were to have been judged to have crossed the line.

kg82

You could say he is against England, but that technology would say the striker was offside during the build-up to the controversy. The goal shouldn't have stood, even if it were to have been judged to have crossed the line.

I don't quite understand? Are you saying the technology would have pointed out the player was offside? Because as far as I understand, the technology would just be used to check if the ball has crossed the line?

BurbageSkyBlues

Even if Ukraine had won 2-1, we would still have qualified in second place, due to scoring more than the French. So, there is still no certainty that , had the goal stood, the table positions would have altered. A draw would have left us top, and France second, the ikraines needed to win to qualify

AngryAnt

I won't get started on Bladder as i could vent about him all day. The guy is a low life scumbag who runs FIFA like its a maffia, the sooner he goes (by his own free will or not) the better.
Its amazing how he has suddenly changed his view on goal line tech now that England gain something by it, he's publicly stated how he resents England and the PL, he shouldn't be in charge of a pitch let alone world football.

There's an interview with Collina on the bbc and i have to say, i've alot of time for him.. To sum it up he basically went "We're human, they made a mistake last night."

So the balloon has gone up ref goal line technology yet again and the pontification goes on - manual vision v technology- Blatter or no Blatter.

I might be stating the "bleeding" obvious but we have goal line technology NOW - it is available for every big occasion game both in the UK and in Europe and has been used on a consistent basis for ,many many years...................wait for it................YES its the TV camera coverage that is prevalent at virtually every big match.

The TV cameras clearly showed that the whole of the ball had crossed the line in last nights England v Ukraine game but had been completely missed by the blind goal linesman.

Why cannot the use of TV cameras be used on a trial basis and with small adjustments to improve angles and positioning could clearly deliver the answer to resolve goal line disputes.

I know there will be contractual considerations ref ownership of and responsibility for the camera facility bit not insurmountable I'm sure.

Why reinvent the wheel - give it a go

PUSB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread