Blair Adams (1 Viewer)

mark82

Am I right in thinking his loan finishes on Wednesday? Assuming we don't do another deal can he play Wednesday night?

sky_blue_up_north

Wonder if its like the Clarke deal and he will sign permanent after Wednesday?

Aparently he only signed so he could play for us while the deal negotiations are taking place and they should be done by the end of his current deal. Its gonna be a free signing so its a bloody bargain. We just need to get him some cover. If he gets injured or suspended, we're in the crap. I just hope nothing goes wrong to make the deal fall through. We need him

ashbyjan

Wondering if we are trying to off load someone before we can afford him - know Hussey has gone but cannot imagine he was on a lot of money yet Adams is at a Prem League club so there will be a disparity in wages. Maybe we are trying to do a loan until end of season with Sunderland funding all or most of it and if we get promoted then we sign him. Nothing is ever straightforward at Cov.

CUS Wyken

Wondering if we are trying to off load someone before we can afford him - know Hussey has gone but cannot imagine he was on a lot of money yet Adams is at a Prem League club so there will be a disparity in wages. Maybe we are trying to do a loan until end of season with Sunderland funding all or most of it and if we get promoted then we sign him. Nothing is ever straightforward at Cov.

Adams wages at Sunderland will be no more then 2k a week at most, remember he signed 3 year professional contract for them aged 17 so not mega wages.

pw362

If we sign him permanently don't we have to pay compensation fee to Sunderland because he's under 24?

Mucca Mad Boys

If we sign him permanently don't we have to pay compensation fee to Sunderland because he's under 24?

That's only if his contract runs out, then we sign him, the agreement that might be in place means the parties have agreed a deal.

RoboCCFC90

I hope Adams does sign, he is the best LB we have had since Danny Fox, the only thing Danny had at the time was he was chipping in with a few goals.. Hopefully Blair will find his feet for that after a good period at the club.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I heard we would probably get him in on a free with a large sell on clause. Sounds fine to me as SISU normally leave it too late to renew contracts and we end up losing players for nothing anyway!

RoboCCFC90

Adams has had a few shots but they have been with his right foot and not that great.

This is true but given he is only 20 there is still room for improvement and I am sure he will chip in with a few eventually..

superskyblue

Is it just me that thinks he has a long way to go to be a good player, even at this level? He certainly looks to have talent going forward, but I have major question marks over his defensive capabilities at present (not to say he won't eventually become a good defender, just don't think he's there yet).

Users who are viewing this thread