Blackpool - whos going? (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Getting back on to the football front, whos going Blackpool? I see they've just signed Roman Bednar. Another good player to add to their current squad.

Heres hoping we can take our home form with us and we get a result

PUSB

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I am! Looking forward to it!

Sterling Archer

I'm working in Oxford until 17:30 that day. I'm gutted because I've always wanted to do Blackpool but it seems as though the fixtures organiser is against me every year!

sky_blue_up_north

I'm going but not hopeful of a result, we have an awful record against them in recent years

ccfcway

We could do without himcoming to Blackpool before tuesday

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has confirmed he is hoping to sign West Bromwich Albion striker Roman Bednar to boost the club's promotion push.

Sky Sports revealed on Friday that Bednar is a target for Blackpool
spacer.gif
after failing to make an impact under West Brom boss Roy Hodgson
spacer.gif
this season.

Bednar has made just one substitute appearance in the Carling Cup
spacer.gif
and is in line to move to Blackpool for the remainder of the campaign.

PVA

He's pretty crap nowadays. No doubt K Phillips will score though, you know, that guy most on here said wasn't good enough anymore..

Sky_Blue_Vickie

He's pretty crap nowadays. No doubt K Phillips will score though, you know, that guy most on here said wasn't good enough anymore..

I really hoped that Kevin Phillips would come here in the summer (along with Earnshaw)- what a difference could have made to our season. Unfortunately for some on here most players aren't good enough - is a shame.

torchomatic

Ah yes, like Alex Nimley? We really do need to start giving players a chance.

I really hoped that Kevin Phillips would come here in the summer (along with Earnshaw)- what a difference could have made to our season. Unfortunately for some on here most players aren't good enough - is a shame.

SBA-2

Hi guys - long time reader of SBT - first time poster (so go easy)!

As I live in Blackpool I went to the game yesterday (only £10 a ticket).

Despite not playing all their first team, Blackpool did play Gilks, Cathcart, Eardley, Southern, Matt & Kevin Phillips who you could consider 'first teamers'. I know this means nothing against City but they were poor against poor opposition (in front of a near sell-out crowd). K.Phillips played up front on his own, supported by two wingers and B'Pool were trying to hit low balls into the box. Their in-form player, Matty Phillips is fast with good feet, but doesn't like being roughed up. Generally, their defence is ok but is prone to mistakes under pressure (Morrison's goal). Midfield, not great, no flair and lack a good play maker (sound familiar). Up front, K.Phillips played on his own against two tall centre half's.

Against City they will bring back Lua Lua - who is their flair player, along with Taylor-Fletcher & Tom Ince (who came on in the second half).

Speaking to many Blackpool season ticket holders, despite their league position & recent form there actual play hasn't been great (what a nice problem to have).

If your travelling up by car, there is a large car park directly opposite the ground, should be no more than £5 to park (as you come of the M55 go straight on at the rounder bout and stay on that road (Yeadon Way) and it will lead you to the ground and the car park is on the left . This time round, there will be a roof on the east stand (in case it rains).

I'll be at the game Tuesday (in the City end) cheering on the boys! PUSB!

SBA-2

Hi yes Im going, where is the best place to drink for away fans

Hi, The closest pub is to the north of the ground, about a 2 minute walk from the stadium & car park, It's called the Swift Hound and is also used by the locals. Don't really hear of any trouble there either. Next to that is a McDonalds too if your hungry.

Any ideas on ticket sales? When I ordered mine last week I was told most tickets had been sold (normal allocation is upwards of 2K), which I find hard to believe.

Gaz

This is one midweek game I'm sitting out as I haven't got anymore holiday left :(

Blackpool .. What a hole :D

Looking forward to this one - best fixture of the season in our house as my two sons are Blackpool fans even though they know every word of the sky blue song. :D If just hope Lua Lua isn't playing as he's a real danger and they look a different side when he plays. Also looking forward to see how Nimly plays away from home - if his pace can do some damage as there is definitely a weakness in Blackpools defence.

Users who are viewing this thread