blackburn showing how to protest (1 Viewer)

kg82

Apparently when the 2nd goal went in the fans opened up a "Kean Out" banner which the stewards then tried to aggressively get off them. Caused trouble and now the Blackbburn fans are angry - how familiar does this sound?!

The CableGuy

From the Beeb:

Matt in Blackburn, via text:
"I'm a Blackburn fan leaving at half-time. Lynch mob mentality not for me. Scared, frankly. Embarrassed by so-called 'support'. They bizarrely think the anti-Kean chants don't affect the players. That's not a home game atmosphere for the biggest match of the season."

J

Jack Griffin

Well he got big Sam the sack, now he will get his just deserts..

Sam Allardyce took a swipe at Blackburn caretaker boss Steve Kean by claiming assistant manager Neil McDonald was a better candidate to replace him at Ewood Park.

Allardyce admitted he is still in shock after new Indian owners Venky's sacked him and McDonald last week, and is determined to find out who was responsible for influencing their decision.

Kean, 43, was promoted from first-team coach and Allardyce's lack of support was notable as the Scot flew to India on Tuesday to meet Anuradha Desai, buoyed by comments from the Venky's chief that the job is effectively now his to lose.

Allardyce said: 'I really can't get it out of my mind, to be honest with you. Every day that's gone by at some stage my wife has caught me staring into the wilderness, wondering about the situation.

'I can't put my finger on it, and that's one of the problems because having never really met the new owners and having had little dialogue with them, somebody somewhere has obviously said something derogatory to get me out of this job.

'They have said something either prior to the takeover or just after it happened for them to ring up and say we no longer want your services or Neil McDonald's.

'That was a stranger one for me because if there was anybody capable of looking after the reins when I left, with all due respect to Steve, it would be Neil.

'He had a close working relationship with the players, he was assistant manager and had managed before, so it should have been him to look after the football club until such time that they appointed a new manager.'

There have been mixed messages from Venky's regarding their search for a successor and confusion over how long Kean might be left in charge.

But Mrs Desai indicated on Tuesday that he could be given until March to prove he is the right man to take over on a permanent basis.

'We are not going to hurry,' she said.

'Maybe we will make a call in March, but if Steve Kean does well before that then he will have put himself in a good position to continue.'

Allardyce admitted he is on a mission to find out who convinced the new owners that his brand of football was wrong for the club.
Battle: Blackburn's Mame Biram Diouf clashes with West Ham's Pablo Barrera during last weekend's Premier League clash at Ewood Park

Battle: Blackburn's Mame Biram Diouf clashes with West Ham's Pablo Barrera during last weekend's Premier League clash at Ewood Park

'Somebody needs to define what pretty football is because in my years in the game, pretty football has never won anything. My philosophy has always been to play to win.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...right-man-Blackburn-Rovers.html#ixzz1h77jNbad

SkyBlueMania

I've been listening to the game on Radio5 and they have been saying the players look heavily affected by the negative attitude in the ground. Blaming the manager immediately for the players incompetence leading to a goal is ridiculous. Pathetic fans.

Users who are viewing this thread