Blackburn sacked Berg (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4232

Here's the skysports story:

Henning Berg has been sacked as Blackburn manager after just 10 matches and 57 days in charge.

Rovers have won just once since Berg took over from Steve Kean, a run of form that has seen them slide down to 17th in the Championship table.

The 1-0 defeat to Middlesbrough on Boxing Day - a fifth loss in their last six games - was the final straw for the club's Indian owners, who have also dismissed assistant boss Eric Black and two other coaches.

A club statement read: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.
"This decision has been taken following a very disappointing sequence of results.
"The club thanks the four men for their efforts and wishes them every success for the future."
Berg, 43, signed a three-year contract on October 31 as he took over from Kean - but he has become the second managerial casualty at the club in two months.

He played over 200 times for the Ewood Park club in the 1990s before joining Manchester United.

Berg's time at Ewood Park was hardly a happy one, with a statement released earlier this month playing down claims that he had stormed out of the club's Christmas party after an alleged bust-up.

Mark Hughes, Alex McLeish, Roberto Di Matteo and Billy Davies are amongst the bookies' favourites to replace Berg.

D

Deleted member 4232

Here is the rovers offal statement. The usual tripe:

Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.

*This decision has been taken following a very disappointing sequence of results.

*The club thanks the four men for their efforts and wishes them every success for the future.

Scho

Footballs going mad (like it wasn't there already). Berg lasts ten games and O'driscoll sacked after beating Leeds 4-2 live on Sky and moving Forest up just one point from the play-offs. How can any manager Feel safe in his job, unless your Fergie of course.

Shebby Singh is 20/1 with Skybet

Covstu

I didn't understand the signing in the first place to be fair however this makes no sense at all, no one can make an impact on a team within just 3 months (unless you are robins!!)

wingy

Oh no you don't Blackburn! Hands off!:mad:

Owners without a clue ,can see them back where they came from in a season or two ,broke and in the 3rd division,. Jack Walkers legacy has truely been cocked up by whoever passed control from his Estate/ trust to other owners, always thought that would be a massive mistake .

Last edited:

Covstu

I would piss myself laughing if they appointed singh! serve em right for treating Kean like shit even though he wasn't right for the job!

kg82

I just heard an interview with one of their owners and kept thinking to myself "he hasn't got a clue what's going on at that club". As in decisions being made, discussions taking place etc!

Users who are viewing this thread