Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (3 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

Happy with a clean sheet for a change, hopefully we can keep MvE, Sheaf, Wright and Simms as can see a few teams sniffing about in the summer, if we can add wisely I'd want to see us in the top 4 all season next year

stevefloyd

All that has happened today is confirmed what we’ve known for a few weeks. I’m not sure I understand the overreaction.

In isolation getting a draw when down to 10 men is usually considered decent anyway.

We’ve been saying for 11 months that 24-25 is our time to shine.

We’ve got a young team, on long contracts. Yes some are gaff prone (just like Hamer was), but that will be coached out of them.

Next season we’ll start settled with increased depth.

Also, remember where we’ve come from
The thing I don't like is we are not dominant in the air in our own area, yesterday we had da silva marking Hyam ....jokes

Last edited:

HadjiChippo

Happy with a clean sheet for a change, hopefully we can keep MvE, Sheaf, Wright and Simms as can see a few teams sniffing about in the summer, if we can add wisely I'd want to see us in the top 4 all season next year
Excited for the prospect of what this side could look like if we add 2-3 more real quality players next season on top of getting Saka back and EMC in, as well as some of this seasons signings having that extra year championship experience.

I’m pretty sure Sheaf will have Prem suitors and will have his head turned in the summer, but we absolutely cannot afford to lose more than him and COH out of the starters. Don’t want to go through another 3-4 month period to start next season where we’re trying to settle 6/7 new first teamers together in key positions.

Flying Fokker

Weakened lineup very likely, so don’t travel and complain that we may have “threw the game”

This is true, but I think the performances have been unconvincing for months rather than weeks.
Cardiff, Bristol, Norwich. Plymouth. Injury to Sakamoto? Can’t take the cup run away from us. But those games were a sign of how strained our squad is. However, we now have a strike force. That is the stand-out change during a challenging 3 months.

Offhegoes

Kitching will be a different player next season with a pre season with us. His first season in The Championship. I’ve seen enough to l know why Robins wanted him.
Strange game today. There was certainly fight from our team but no quality at all.
Lati was excellent when he came on however

shmmeee

Kitching will be a different player next season with a pre season with us. His first season in The Championship. I’ve seen enough to l know why Robins wanted him.
Strange game today. There was certainly fight from our team but no quality at all.

He’d played 33 Championship games before he came to us.

SHUNT31

Check our form and results of when he plays versus doesn't. Our best spells in the last two years have been the three times he's been out with long term injuries. Since he's come back our form has dropped off again. Almost straight away, and at the most important time. I know this will get laughs from those unable to debate it, but it is fact.

Kelly is playing shit today so it gives those up Sheaf's arse a chance to make comments like yours. There's a lot more to it in reality. We've capitulated in recent weeks yet there's not been a word said
Please can you let me know the ‘form’ with or without Sheaf? Ridiculous take.

He is, without any doubt, in the top 3 midfielders in this league.

Matt smith

He needs to be, looks poor at the moment to be honest

Thomas was half the price and looks like he has double the growth

messiahrobins

All that has happened today is confirmed what we’ve known for a few weeks. I’m not sure I understand the overreaction.

In isolation getting a draw when down to 10 men is usually considered decent anyway.

We’ve been saying for 11 months that 24-25 is our time to shine.

We’ve got a young team, on long contracts. Yes some are gaff prone (just like Hamer was), but that will be coached out of them.

Next season we’ll start settled with increased depth.

Also, remember where we’ve come from
Just home from the game...i take it no point reading this thread as its all negative?
I was proud of the lads today, nothing to realistically play for yet the the way they fought to the bitter end with 10 men i thought was really commendable given they are literally out on their feet.
Will be champions next season. Mark my words.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread