Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Im as frustrated as anyone but some of the comments on here are way OTT

Just played 3.5 games in 6 days, players ran themselves into the ground trying and in my view beating, one of the biggest clubs in the world a few days ago, players dropping like flies and all some can do is give the team/players a kicking after getting an away draw playing with 10 men for 30 mins against a team fighting for their lives ?!

When did we become such an entitled fanbase ? Leeds lost 4-0 against QPR, West Brom 3-0 v Sheff Weds, Southampton lost to Cardiff and Stoke recently, Leicester lost to both Plymouth and Milwall in the last week or two and there’s been loads of other examples of end of seasons shocks/poor results*. And that’s clubs who haven’t had to play 120+mins at Wembley against a Prem team and some much bigger more expensive squads. Anyone can beat anyone in this league if you’re not 100% fit and on it

*Man Utd who were apparently fine after the semi final drawing at home against the mighty Burnley ?!
Agree. It was a largely meaningless match to us and meant far more to them than us.

WestEndAgro

can only recall one touch from Jamie Allan, can someone please confirm this wasn't the case.

bigfatronssba

All that has happened today is confirmed what we’ve known for a few weeks. I’m not sure I understand the overreaction.

In isolation getting a draw when down to 10 men is usually considered decent anyway.

We’ve been saying for 11 months that 24-25 is our time to shine.

We’ve got a young team, on long contracts. Yes some are gaff prone (just like Hamer was), but that will be coached out of them.

Next season we’ll start settled with increased depth.

Also, remember where we’ve come from

Brighton Sky Blue

All that has happened today is confirmed what we’ve known for a few weeks. I’m not sure I understand the overreaction.

In isolation getting a draw when down to 10 men is usually considered decent anyway.

We’ve been saying for 11 months that 24-25 is our time to shine.

We’ve got a young team, on long contracts. Yes some are gaff prone (just like Hamer was), but that will be coached out of them.

Next season we’ll start settled with increased depth.

Also, remember where we’ve come from
This is true, but I think the performances have been unconvincing for months rather than weeks.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

So stats only matter if they support your view?

no, realistically you can find a good or a bad stat about anything

individual player stats don’t tend to lie, and that’s probably the only real metric of a player’s performance, game by game and throughout the season, but if you can’t see how good the player is by watching him this season you’re either not going to enough games or don’t understand football….

There are some people here who will argue black is white, there literally is no point sometimes is there 🙄

steve101

You have to question Robins' use of subs when considering fatigue. Kelly has hardly had a kick and then expected to play two back to back 90 minutes of football. There have been numerous opportunities to take players off to give them a breather and he hasn't. Inexperienced young players may not be at the level but youth and exuberance goes a long way and may reduce fatigue-driven injuries and lethargic performances.

larry_david

You have to question Robins' use of subs when considering fatigue. Kelly has hardly had a kick and then expected to play two back to back 90 minutes of football. There have been numerous opportunities to take players off to give them a breather and he hasn't. Inexperienced young players may not be at the level but youth and exuberance goes a long way and may reduce fatigue-driven injuries and lethargic performances.
He's always done this. Highly frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread