Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

I'd just rest them all tbh. Maybe take Collins out just to protect him too. We're so thin on the ground with injuries.

Wilson
Lusala Thomas Kitching Bidwell Dasilva
Kelly Allen
O'Hare
Simms Godden

Offhegoes

We've lost 4 players in the last 2 games through injury (Binks, Tavares, Lati & Torp). Don't want to risk any more players getting a really serious injury e.g Bobby Thomas, who looked shagged on Weds night.
Box Formation.

Collins
Back 3 of Sheaf, Kitching and Bidwell.
MVE & Da Silva Wing backs
Kelly and Eccles in centre mid.
O'Hare & Palmer at AM, or possibly Allen
Simms up front

Hertsccfc

Why would you risk injuring the likes of Simms, Wright and MVE who are totally knackered and potentially at risk of injury in a meaningless match?
How would you feel if they were played and got injured?
Expect a weak lineup.
As always you follow the advice of the medical/fitness team. Never pkay unfit players.

Robinshio

We've lost 4 players in the last 2 games through injury (Binks, Tavares, Lati & Torp). Don't want to risk any more players getting a really serious injury e.g Bobby Thomas, who looked shagged on Weds night.
Box Formation.

Collins
Back 3 of Sheaf, Kitching and Bidwell.
MVE & Da Silva Wing backs
Kelly and Eccles in centre mid.
O'Hare & Palmer at AM, or possibly Allen
Simms up front
Kelly was knackered after an hour on Wednesday. He will struggle to play 2 in a week but maybe him and Allen half each

Briles

You wouldn’t have that view if we a team fielding a weakened side meant we went down or missed out on the play offs.

integrity is important.

whilst its mathematically possible to hit the playoffs then i agree, when it isnt itd be stupid to risk star players in games which have no baring on our future. I wouldn't expect another team to either. Would you expect a team guaranteed 4th place to play full strength teams before their playoff matches?

ProfessorbyGrace

With the injuries to Torp, Binks and Lati, I’m guessing Eccles may be deployed at RB/RWB (depending on the formation and how MVE is faring with fatigue), and Kelly next to Sheaf. Or Eccles instead of Kelly, if MVE is ok.

O’Hare will probably be back, so:

Collins
Eccles/MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Kelly/Eccles Sheaf
COH/Allen
Palmer Simms Wright

Bench: Wilson, Lusala, and whoever else is actually fit/available 🤷‍♂️

Could be a dire/gritty draw, or a narrow win/defeat either way.

I’m using too many of these ‘/‘. PUSB ⚽️

Paxman II

Depending on shock results it's still mathematically possible to get in the playoff's. It won't happen of course as the club has already resigned to not making it. We didn't lose the chance by being beat by Hull, we lost it in the Birmingham and Cardiff games. Those dire performances can not happen next year at the business end of the season. Look at Leeds tonight who look like they blew the auto's. the FA Cup run was special but ultimately it too took our eye off the ball and put our limited squad under too much pressure.

Defeat at Blckburn looks likely if we field another weakened team sheet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I hope we don’t just throw in the towel and put out shit sides for the rest of the season. 1 win in 8 to end the season would be very disappointing.
While we are still mathematically able to get in the play-offs we play the strongest possible team (though with injuries etc that's still going to be depleted)

If/when we no longer can then you wrap any players playing with injuries in cotton wool and give youngsters a run out from the bench. We'll learn more from that than pushing our main players with injuries.

Deity

whilst its mathematically possible to hit the playoffs then i agree, when it isnt itd be stupid to risk star players in games which have no baring on our future. I wouldn't expect another team to either. Would you expect a team guaranteed 4th place to play full strength teams before their playoff matches?
Blackburn can still be relegated.

We owe it to the other relegation fighting clubs to field a strong team. That doesn’t have to be your very best eleven but it can’t be a hugely weakened or experimental side.

Im old enough to remember our endless relegation fights in the top league and so to me integrity is still important .

Brighton Sky Blue

We owe it to the other relegation fighting clubs to field a strong team. That doesn’t have to be your very best eleven but it can’t be a hugely weakened or experimental side.

Im old enough to remember our endless relegation fights in the top league and so to me integrity is still important .
The same thus applies to the Ipswich game

Otis

Yeah, I sort of get it, but very interesting to note that Peterborough played away at Cheltenham on Tuesday and Cheltenham are in the bottom 4 and in real danger of going down.

Peterborough's place in the top 6 is cemented, so there was nothing riding on the game for them.

Peterborough made 7 changes and played some kids. Cheltenham won 2 nil.

🤷

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I sort of get it, but very interesting to note that Peterborough played away at Cheltenham on Tuesday and Cheltenham are in the bottom 4 and in real danger of going down.

Peterborough's place in the top 6 is cemented, so there was nothing riding on the game for them.

Peterborough made 7 changes and played some kids. Cheltenham won 2 nil.

🤷
Peterborough are guaranteed a playoff spot so don’t want to risk players before the important games. We don’t have anything else.

Otis

Peterborough are guaranteed a playoff spot so don’t want to risk players before the important games. We don’t have anything else.
I am talking about the notion of integrity because CHELTENHAM had something very much riding on the game and obviously, Peterborough playing kids would have affected those rivals.

It was that I was focusing on.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am talking about the notion of integrity because CHELTENHAM had something very much riding on the game and obviously, Peterborough playing kids would have affected those rivals.

It was that I was focusing on.
It still isn’t comparable.

Otis

It still isn’t comparable.
Not comparable? It's exactly the same thing isn't it?

I am talking about what Deity said. That's exactly what he said didn't he? That we owe it to the other relegation threatend teams to field a strong side.

We all know we have no chance of the playoffs don't we.

I am talking about Deity's thoughts on fielding a strong side due to integrity.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not comparable? It's exactly the same thing isn't it?

I am talking about what Deity said. That's exactly what he said didn't he? That we owe it to the other relegation threatend teams to field a strong side.

We all know we have no chance of the playoffs don't we.

I am talking about Deity's thoughts on fielding a strong side due to integrity.
It’s not comparable because they know they still have the playoffs to come and are resting players for that because injury or suspension might hit promotion chances. They’re weakening their side to increase their chances of promotion, nothing wrong with that.

We have a few months off to come with nothing left to play for. If we start fielding the kids then it’s because we’ve lost interest.

Otis

It’s not comparable because they know they still have the playoffs to come and are resting players for that because injury or suspension might hit promotion chances. They’re weakening their side to increase their chances of promotion, nothing wrong with that.

We have a few months off to come with nothing left to play for. If we start fielding the kids then it’s because we’ve lost interest.
Not necessarily at all. It is much more likely we are resting players because they at are risk of getting injured due to fatigue, or are actually carrying knocks.

Can't just automatically assume we have lost interest.

Much rather Wright was rested due to carrying an injury that could easily end up much worse if he played.

I don't think for a second that Robins would play kids because we have lost interest.

If it's a weak team today, that will be down to knocks, protecting players and down to fatigue.

Tommo1993

Weakened lineup very likely, so don’t travel and complain that we may have “threw the game”

Levship20

Not necessarily at all. It is much more likely we are resting players because they at are risk of getting injured due to fatigue, or are actually carrying knocks.

Can't just automatically assume we have lost interest.

Much rather Wright was rested due to carrying an injury that could easily end up much worse if he played.

I don't think for a second that Robins would play kids because we have lost interest.

If it's a weak team today, that will be down to knocks, protecting players and down to fatigue.
Do this Tuesday and we will suffer a cricket score!!

Briles

it is comparable with the "integrity" aspect people seem to think is important all of a sudden. The same people who were hoping Ipswich had already been promoted so they'd field a weakened team if we were still in with a playoff shout.

Users who are viewing this thread