Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

No it isn’t at all. If walker started to run back youd bollkck him he’s a player whose only ever going to give you goals and chances if you use that. Sorry biamou is rubbish Walker has scored what 6 goals? Biamou has scored 1 in 17? I don’t care about chasing down keepers or running back to defend. We are creating nothing and we will slip out this league if we are not careful
I’m just on about moving for the ball, controlling it, passing, having a shot those pre requisites. I do wonder what you want sometimes. Tell me how it should be set up to make us more potent today or what you think needs changing?

Biamou is not the main issue. He doesn’t score enough i agree

Frostie

No it isn’t at all. If walker started to run back youd bollkck him he’s a player whose only ever going to give you goals and chances if you use that. Sorry biamou is rubbish Walker has scored what 6 goals? Biamou has scored 1 in 17? I don’t care about chasing down keepers or running back to defend. We are creating nothing and we will slip out this league if we are not careful

Nothing wrong with the setup (apart from missing O'Hare to link them) & as you rightly say Walker's job is to get in behind, he's always going to see less of it for that reason.

I love Biamou's work ethic, all very commendable & it can cause them problems. Unfortunately the quality just isn't there. Ball is forever bouncing off him when we need him to hold it & allow the midfield to get forward, his runs lack intelligence & as we know, if the chance comes to him he'll likely squander it.

Grendel

stupot07

Absolutely 0 pace in our side too which is part of the reason we're getting caught on the counter so easily. Kelly, James, Shipley, Hyam, McFadz, Biamou are actually slow. Dabo, McCallum, Walker, Ostigard average.

After a blistering first 10 minutes that was abject. Strikes on opposite sides of the pitch, no link between midfield and forwards, long ball into Biamou who got worse as the the half progressed.

i love Kelly but he doesn't suit defending the counter attack. Hamer for Kelly, Gyokeres for Biamou, Ohare for Shipley, Rose for Hyam please.
Even O'Hare isn't particularly quick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Hyam looks shot lately, have no idea what he was doing with his foot for their goal

I'm really surprised you say lately, he's been a liability for weeks.
At the end of the day, we can moan all we like about Hyam, Shipley etc, we knew this league would be a step to far for several players and so its proving.
Just have to hope Robins is backed to bring in better quality replacements in the summer.

covcity4life

hardky he’s facing the sack but the line is stupid and mccallum even is alarmingly slow
For me I think our biggest issue there is nondefined passing movements in final third

We should be working on it till it becomes muscle memory. Midfielders should be able to switch it to wing backs without a second thought. Strikers should know when to come deep and when to run over top etc

Robins needs to do some tactical managing not just man management

Evo1883

Problem with Sam is his decision making when tracking players he just lunges, its pretty much every time... Easy to play against for wingers, then you've got hyam next to him who gets turned inside out like he's never played football and goes to clear a ball and stops halfway through... I don't know what to say about that left hand side

fernandopartridge

Shipley lost a bit of weight last season and was looking after himself and it showed in his performance. He seems to have put it back on and looks just way off where he needs to be.

mark82

Just shown a replay of the Ostigard disallowed goal. Looked a yard or so off, although not the best angle.

Macca

Serious business starts next game. We’ve made it through and just about stayed outside bottom 3. Are we good enough to take the points we need?

SkyblueTexan

Are you sat level with it or something because ifollow didn’t even show it
Watched the replay and think Osti was onside when the ball was played in.

Jamesimus

Part of the reason Max appears to be playing better than Walker though is the pedestrian paced long ball we're playing, so he's naturally more involved. We need to get the ball down and get their young CB backpeddling.

Walker is also playing off the shoulder of defenders whereas Biamou (I won't call him Max 😉) is dropping deeper to receive the ball.

Ccfcisparks

Serious business starts next game. We’ve made it through and just about stayed outside bottom 3. Are we good enough to take the points we need?
There was no reason this game shouldn’t be serious business. They’ve lost 5 in a row

Users who are viewing this thread