Blackburn Away tickets (1 Viewer)

McLovin87

Has the Blackburn away tickets thread become a 'I freezed my tits off at' thread?
(MK Hockey stadium for me!)

We played Newcastle in the 3rd Round of the cup mid nineties, early January, I nearly fell down the steps leaving because my feet were so numb!

I think it might have been the last game before they developed the Gallowgate End, never been as cold since!!

Sky Blue Harry H

We played Newcastle in the 3rd Round of the cup mid nineties, early January, I nearly fell down the steps leaving because my feet were so numb!

I think it might have been the last game before they developed the Gallowgate End, never been as cold since!!

I was at that - remember Wegerle playing for us, being wet and losing (but little about the game!)

Torquay Sky Blue

Beardsley and Cole blew us apart that day. Quin played for us . Never got a kick and roundly cheered by Newcastle fans when substituted. I had 3 layers on and the Geordies in shirts

mmttww

I remember standing on the open terrace at Burnden Park against Bolton in the mid 90s. It was New Year iirc, think we won too, and I remember being as cold as I have ever been at a game of football. Patches of ice all over the terracing. Proper ground though.

I was sat on scaffolding (a 'stand') in front of the supermarket, next to the terrace. Envied those on the terrace for warmth!

Have Salako scoring right at the end in my mind. Edit: Just checked and it was! Match report link Unbelievably cold that day.

theferret

I was sat on scaffolding (a 'stand') in front of the supermarket, next to the terrace. Envied those on the terrace for warmth!

Have Salako scoring right at the end in my mind. Edit: Just checked and it was! Match report link Unbelievably cold that day.

Found this: - all coming back now.

I also seem to recall there a lad following us back then who would take an Italy flag to games and would randomly run on the pitch when we scored. I'm sure he ended up on the pitch at this game too.

Gynnsthetonic

I was watching that Bolton game live in Thailand, it was midnight and about 25⁰ and I was in a vest shorts and flip flops but sadistily wishing I was there in Bolton!

Last edited:

Evo1883

Some going that tbf. You'd think another couple of hundred for the final number aswell

I really hope we don't take that amount to blackburn then about 700 to Preston .

Win at Blackburn I'd be gutted if we take less than 1500 to Preston

COV

Found this: - all coming back now.

I also seem to recall there a lad following us back then who would take an Italy flag to games and would randomly run on the pitch when we scored. I'm sure he ended up on the pitch at this game too.

Yes! He ran on at Oldham too when we drew 3-3. His name is Dean I think and he's from Earlsdon, nice guy but just totally lost it when we scored and invariably ended up getting chased around by irate stewards, how he never got a ban I don't know.

rob9872

I really hope we don't take that amount to blackburn then about 700 to Preston .

I disagree, I think it's more about the distance for a midweek game. Luton we could do after work. Preston is an afternoon off and still knackered the next morning at work. I think the numbers would have been similar if we'd had PReston on the Sat and Blackburn on the Tesday.

Evo1883

I disagree, I think it's more about the distance for a midweek game. Luton we could do after work. Preston is an afternoon off and still knackered the next morning at work. I think the numbers would have been similar if we'd had PReston on the Sat and Blackburn on the Tesday.

We took 1800 to blackpool though

pusbccfc

tskezz

I get what you mean, but a Saturday game after a Int break compared to a far away midweek game a few days after a big away.

I know we did it for Blackpool, and that was after Barnsley, but i think Blackpools a different beast. People were spending a few days up there etc.

Im going to both and i hope they're both as good as Blackpool was.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I get what you mean, but a Saturday game after a Int break compared to a far away midweek game a few days after a big away.

I know we did it for Blackpool, and that was after Barnsley, but i think Blackpools a different beast. People were spending a few days up there etc.

Im going to both and i hope they're both as good as Blackpool was.

I couldn’t make Blackpool due to work commitments but I’m doing the Blackburn & Preston double header. Hopefully us Northern based Sky Blues can step up for Preston and help push the team to beat the Deepdale curse. If we could take 1000 for Preston, that would be very impressive.

Brighton Sky Blue

I couldn’t make Blackpool due to work commitments but I’m doing the Blackburn & Preston double header. Hopefully us Northern based Sky Blues can step up for Preston and help push the team to beat the Deepdale curse. If we could take 1000 for Preston, that would be very impressive.

We have to beat it sooner or later you'd hope. Probably the same thing Barnsley fans say before they come to us

JAM See

The bizarre thing is that financially, it benefits the club more if none of us go and all of us purchase an iFollow pass.

I'm hoping to get a fair few away days in this season and it's great our travelling support is so vocal.

Just doesn't seem fair that moneywise, the beneficiaries are our hosts.

Bring back the 75%/25% rule I say.

**EDIT** I've thought this through and if we were selling out the CBS every home game it would probably cost us income.
However I stand by my point that clubs with decent away following should receive some benefit for the efforts of the faithful.

Last edited:

Alex1987

The bizarre thing is that financially, it benefits the club more if none of us go and all of us purchase an iFollow pass.

I'm hoping to get a fair few away days in this season and it's great our travelling support is so vocal.

Just doesn't seem fair that moneywise, the beneficiaries are our hosts.

Bring back the 75%/25% rule I say.

**EDIT** I've thought this through and if we were selling out the CBS every home game it would probably cost us income.
However I stand by my point that clubs with decent away following should receive some benefit for the efforts of the faithful.

I think we're talking about marginal stuff here though. Bit like saying beating Milwall 6-1 last game of season wasn't ideal due to win/goal bonuses.

slowpoke

In one of those games I remember a city fan calmly lifted the counter top where they were selling us food, walked behind the counter and put the inside of a cash register which had all of their takings under his arm and walked back out to the fans. It was in plain sight of everyone but none of the staff noticed until all of a sudden all of their money had gone. Most of us couldn't believe what we had just seen!
I suppose nicking the takings isnt ideal to laugh about but what about this was at MK Dons the one we won 3-1 with those two free-kicks I was sat out side a nearby pub before the game, a carvery, when two city fans walked past one with an almost full sized cooked turkey and the other with a large piece of cooked beef followed by half a dozen mates tow rags really and an angry chef looked like a scene out of the Benny Hill show. I know you shouldn’t laugh but it was funny.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

I just went on the Facebook site, and somebody had started a thread saying people shouldn't criticise people who couldn't afford to go to away games. Some chap with the name Cockburn said that he couldn't go due to illness. I was so so tempted (but my better self stopped me) Hope you are ok Mr Cockburn x

Users who are viewing this thread