Blackburn Away tickets (1 Viewer)

Gleneagles65

Won 2-1? Speedie double. including goal of the season. Think that was 88 though
League match on a Saturday when Speedie got the late winner, remember it well as I was there.

Sky Blue David Speedie
On this day (14th January) in 1989 the Sky Blues went to Carrow Road, Norwich and came away with all the points. The Sky Blues David Speedie scored two late goals to give CCFC a 2-1 win over a Norwich City side who had only lost twice before in 1988-89.
After a goalless first half (with ‘Killer’) outstanding, Dean Gordon gave the Canaries the lead 11 minutes into the second half but David Speedie’s brace on 65 and 88, the second one of his delightful trademark chips, sent those members of the Sky Blue Army in the 14,399 crowd back to Cov from East Anglia a very happy bunch.

Sky Blue Pete

League match on a Saturday when Speedie got the late winner, remember it well as I was there.

Sky Blue David Speedie
On this day (14th January) in 1989 the Sky Blues went to Carrow Road, Norwich and came away with all the points. The Sky Blues David Speedie scored two late goals to give CCFC a 2-1 win over a Norwich City side who had only lost twice before in 1988-89.
After a goalless first half (with ‘Killer’) outstanding, Dean Gordon gave the Canaries the lead 11 minutes into the second half but David Speedie’s brace on 65 and 88, the second one of his delightful trademark chips, sent those members of the Sky Blue Army in the 14,399 crowd back to Cov from East Anglia a very happy bunch.
Shit that’s 32 years ago

blunted

Was at that Wolves match at Molyneaux I’m sure we were 1-0 up and Wolves absolutely battered us Wagstaff equalised about 20 minutes from the end but John Key broke away to make it 2-1 massively against the run of play then he scored again. The game we were 1-0 down and came back to win was the return home game.
Yes the 1-0 down, 3-1 up was at home. Was there for 3-1 away and on reflection may have been one up. Strange how you misremember things. Thought we played them off the park but probably wanted to remember that. Seems next game against Milwall may have been misremembered too without checking. Lot of beer gone down the neck since then and I was at primary school at the time.

slowpoke

The Wolves away game must have been one of the largest away supports for a Sky Blue league game ever that South Bank was a massive terrace and when we scored the whole end erupted. Birmingham away was large too the Kop terrace was end to end Cov had to be 20k minimum for that.

slowpoke

Sky Blue David Speedie
Was that the week after losing to Sutton in the FA Cup ? Coincidently Norwich had been drawn against Sutton.

Harry Krishner

I remember standing on the open terrace at Burnden Park against Bolton in the mid 90s. It was New Year iirc, think we won too, and I remember being as cold as I have ever been at a game of football. Patches of ice all over the terracing. Proper ground though.
I remember that - and I also remember the pissed up Cov loony who stood with no shirt on for much of the match.

It was fucking freezing!

Hutch11

I remember standing on the open terrace at Burnden Park against Bolton in the mid 90s. It was New Year iirc, think we won too, and I remember being as cold as I have ever been at a game of football. Patches of ice all over the terracing. Proper ground though.
Salako winner

blunted

I wonder with Godden suspended, Waghorn recovering from Covid and Gyo just back from Sweden if we will play with one up front, even possibly Walker starting. Kelly,Sheaf and Hamer in midfield. On the other hand, with Blackburns main striker unavailable, we may just go for it with two upfront. Depends on the fitness of our strikers and if first choice Gyo is tired with the travelling...see Ostigard last year after International duty.

Travs

we had an away match at Peterborough some time in the last decade (they still had the terracing in the away end).... we lost 1-0 and that Villa loanee hit the post from about six yards out... that was possibly the coldest i remember.

letsallsingtogether

If that was the game we won 1-0 to a Whelan goal I think on 90 mins then we were also at that game and yes bloody freezing.

matesx

Coldest I have ever been......Weds 12th Dec 2001 at the Hawthorns.

We huddled like a group of penguins taking turns on the outside.

And we lost 1 fucking nil.

Utterly miserable.

Football eh?

Evo1883

Coldest I have ever been......Weds 12th Dec 2001 at the Hawthorns.

We huddled like a group of penguins taking turns on the outside.

And we lost 1 fucking nil.

Utterly miserable.

Football eh?
Was at the game , 16 years old , took the train to brum then the tram.. about 5000 city fans right ? Fans were scrapping inside the stadium in the gap between home and away fans .

Villa also at home same night ?

usskyblue

January 1980, away Oldham, FA Cup 3rd round. We won 0-1.. fuck knows who scored? Nardiello or maybe Hutchison. Fuckingcold

frozen-snow.gif

clint van damme

January 1980, away Oldham, FA Cup 3rd round. We won 0-1.. fuck knows who scored? Nardiello or maybe Hutchison. Fuckingcold

frozen-snow.gif

That was literally what I looked liked at Wednesday at home in 86-87. Snow was blowing right into the west end, gave up brushing iit off in the end.

On a separate note, someone I know is trying to sort coach travel for Saturday, SBA, the Tavern and the offals all sold out, anyone know any others that are going and might have space?

JAM See

That was literally what I looked liked at Wednesday at home in 86-87. Snow was blowing right into the west end, gave up brushing iit off in the end.

On a separate note, someone I know is trying to sort coach travel for Saturday, SBA, the Tavern and the offals all sold out, anyone know any others that are going and might have space?
Offal is showing availability. Just looked for Preston and clicked on Blackburn too.

1633985420215.png

jmorr

We played Oldham twice in a season midweek maybe in 93/94, drew 1-1 in league and lost 2 or 3-0 in league cup and Wegerle was sent off. CCFC put on loads of coaches for cup game at a reduced price and the driver of the 1 I was on thought Oldham was near Liverpool until I told him he was going the wrong way!! It's always cold at Boundary Park, I think it is highest above sea level English ground.

In one of those games I remember a city fan calmly lifted the counter top where they were selling us food, walked behind the counter and put the inside of a cash register which had all of their takings under his arm and walked back out to the fans. It was in plain sight of everyone but none of the staff noticed until all of a sudden all of their money had gone. Most of us couldn't believe what we had just seen!

letsallsingtogether

It was 2-1 with goals from Salako & Whelan, Salako scored a penalty right at the end. It was on December 30th 1995
That would probebly be the game knew we won it at the death and that whelan scored.

Users who are viewing this thread