Black (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Keys has tweeted the following

@tSKeysandGray: If we want Eric Black back at Cov - let the clowns that run the club know. Make the 'possible' probable!

Former telegraph editor replied

@CANARY_ED: @tSKeysandGray I spoke with Eric personally last year when I was editor of the Cov Telegraph. He said he couldn't possibly do it. #pusb

torchomatic

Christ, Keys has the audacity to call someone else a clown!

Colonel Mustard

Keys has tweeted the following

@tSKeysandGray: If we want Eric Black back at Cov - let the clowns that run the club know. Make the 'possible' probable!

Former telegraph editor replied

@CANARY_ED: @tSKeysandGray I spoke with Eric personally last year when I was editor of the Cov Telegraph. He said he couldn't possibly do it. #pusb

Wasn't there a rumour that it was Keys who got Black the boot in the first place by pushing his Sky pal Reid to McGinnity?

@richh87

Don't want Wise, fluked a FA Cup final appearance and has done very little since.

Oh I thought the line was "he did well at Leeds and Swindon, but it was because of Poyet".

Not sure why people are so desperate to discredit Wise.

ricohman

1. flashy, exciting, attacking football
2. can work within constraints and get the most out of average players
3. is unemployed, so cheap for the club
4. unlike every other manager we may speculate about, Black is a man who actually did the business at CCFC. It is so counter-intuitive to hold that against him.
5. intelligent (passes the 'Shawsy & Carso test')
6. now has considerable experience at higher levels of football, plus more contacts around the game

etc etc.

Very good points

SkyBlue_Bear83

I disagree. He's not as good as we can get. If he hadn't managed here ten years ago then his name wouldn't even be mentioned. People whinge about SISU taking the easy option and making snap decisions and this would be a shining example if they give him the job. If it's between him, Brown, Megson and Wise then fair enough, but I'm sure we can do better than Black.
I've seen you be very vocal about not wanting Black but I have yet to see a reason apart from he has managed us before. I guess you think Bournemouth have dropped a clanger this season in reappointing Eddie Howe?

Skyblue4u

Black is a myth because we never know what might of happened. I'm not full of excitement at the prospect of his return. At least it would lay to bed the ghost that has been haunting us for all these years. If its black then we will all get behind him and hope and prey he can make us doubters glady look like Liam

Oz Howie

Very good points

Especially point 6 .As a League 3 / League 2 club Robins has showed us the value of getting good loans.
Point 7 Has championship promotion experience (with Birmingham) and plenty of Premier league exposure with Wigan, Sunderland and Blackburn.

Covstu

Disagree he wasn't here long enough to prove he was going to be a good manager, like Robins he rode the new manager wave. He has virtually zero experience in managing bar support roles so he is a risky prospect. Talk of Wise, Barmby etc Black is equally as risky.

skyblueman

Got to be Carsley now until the end of the season - new manager won't make a difference now - let's appoint the right manager when we know what league we're going to be in

Users who are viewing this thread