Black Prince pub in tile hill (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

I was a regular attendee at Silk at the Plough. The place heaved most nights they were on and particularly when they hosted the London band Hackensack ! Man...they were loud ! When Silk had to move on, I think the next port of call was the Gosford on Humber Road in the back room then the pub on the High St previously mentioned on this thread. After that, Jim and Graham put on national touring bands at venues like the West End club and the Locarno where they got into some grief because of Hawkwinds topless dancer Stacia ! As you say, Jim was a true gentleman and who can forget those Sky blue suits prior to Wembley in 1987 ! Many, many happy memories of the nights in the Plough.
Yes, we had a regular group of us who were there from when it started. We had some great times there too. When they moved from the Plough it was to the Humber Hotel in their large function room at the back. It became known as Arthur's. Never quite the same there, although I do remember going to some of the other venues for the various bands.

The Humber Hotel was already well known to me by then. It was run by a big jovial chap called Harold Powell, and was the meeting place for many of the local football leagues. There was another function room upstairs and sometimes more than one meeting would be taking place. Powell must have made a fortune from the beer sales at these meetings as they were well attended - your team had to send someone - and everybody was drinking. Taking on Silk Disco at the weekends would have meant the place was buzzing almost every night.

Evo1883

Sadly, that is one pub picture I've been after for years. Sorry Tom.
Here you go, unless it's already been posted, also at covcraig@bury The woodlands pub tile hill
41f846e1b3e2f9c913b8dcc6bdfa9ade.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Covcraig@bury

Here you go, unless it's already been posted, also at covcraig@bury The woodlands pub tile hill
41f846e1b3e2f9c913b8dcc6bdfa9ade.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Always remember as a kid getting sent up to the hatch in the wall and getting my mum a pint of sherry .
There was a pool with pike in it ( apparently) . My dad Use to send us up there for hours fishing trying to catch something but never did , think he just wanted his leg over looking back !!!!

EalingSB

I never met him Houch but it was a bit sudden while he was abroad If I remember properly? I've worked with his lad Joe many times .
Sounds like father like son .
Top lad

I took Joe to his first game - the 5-1 v Liverpool. We beat Villa 3-0 in the next match and I had to sit him down and explain to him that it isn't always like this!

Users who are viewing this thread