Black Friday (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Personally think the whole thing is a joke. First of all it now lasts 2 weeks...
secondly it’s based on an American holiday...
thirdly... only something like 13% of deals are even the best of the year....

I will keep an eye on it but it’s all a load of shit

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, a lot of them are just offers that have been on before or stock to get rid of.

Have bought a couple of alexas while half price but that's about it.

Gazolba

Black friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the USA.
Since you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, it's totally bogus.
Stores put all the full-price labels back on and then offer you 25% off, which of course is the same price it was before.
And people fall for it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve often thought if I ever win a large amount on the lottery. I’d love to live in America from the start of November to experience a proper Halloween , thanksgiving, proper winter.

rob9872

So has anyone found anything decent then? If so perhaps post them all here:

The only thing I'll be buying is from Currys they have a Samsung tablet 10.1 32g with case and 12 month mcaffee for £149. Not fussed about mcaffee but still £10 cheaper than I've found anywhere else without the case!

Nick

Administrator

The only thing I'll be buying is from Currys they have a Samsung tablet 10.1 32g with case and 12 month mcaffee for £149. Not fussed about mcaffee but still £10 cheaper than I've found anywhere else without the case!
Found a PS4 controller cheap at Currys 29.99

pastythegreat

Been looking at the Xbox one for my lad for Xmas for a few months now, looking at packages and deals. All were/have been coming up at around £250 with 1 controller and 1 game.
Smyths last night I got one with 4 games, a 2nd controller and a headset all in for £280

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Been looking at the Xbox one for my lad for Xmas for a few months now, looking at packages and deals. All were/have been coming up at around £250 with 1 controller and 1 game.
Smyths last night I got one with 4 games, a 2nd controller and a headset all in for £280

Also, £38 was the cheapest I could prrviously find Fifa19 and I found it for £34 on Amazon last night. Only £4 but any saving is better than none.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Tesco have Xbox One S pretty much. I managed to get an Xbox One X a few weeks ago from Very with £40 off and a couple of games so it wasn't too bad!

You should all be using the link in my signature anyway.

giphy.gif

pastythegreat

Tesco have Xbox One S pretty much. I managed to get an Xbox One X a few weeks ago from Very with £40 off and a couple of games so it wasn't too bad!

giphy.gif
Looked at tesco. The xbox was the same price (£169) for the minecraft bundle and one controller but i added forza horizon 4 for £10 and bought the extra games (Disney Pixar cars, some spongebob game, the headset and extra controller separate. All in all pretty happy with my purchase. The fifa was bought separate from Amazon.
They have controller skins for a tenna in the shop. Anybody know what time it's open til tonight? Will it still be open up til kick off? Also, checkatrade final DVD in the sale for £1

Nick

Administrator
Looked at tesco. The xbox was the same price (£169) for the minecraft bundle and one controller but i added forza horizon 4 for £10 and bought the extra games (Disney Pixar cars, some spongebob game, the headset and extra controller separate. All in all pretty happy with my purchase. The fifa was bought separate from Amazon.
They have controller skins for a tenna in the shop. Anybody know what time it's open til tonight? Will it still be open up til kick off? Also, checkatrade final DVD in the sale for £1

Oh the CCFC ones or Tesco?

skybluegod

Also, £38 was the cheapest I could prrviously find Fifa19 and I found it for £34 on Amazon last night. Only £4 but any saving is better than none.

It has been below £30 this week, it's not worth it imo even at that price

Sick Boy

giphy.gif

Nice plug there, haha! I reckon that your site as real potential if it gained a bit of traction.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have bought an Alexa for my parents for Xmas which as Nick said was a good price.

Dreading Sunday night as we are expecting to be dispatching huge volume last week we started at 10.30pm this week 9pm and that is potentially a huge amount of parcels difference.

fellatio_Martinez

It's strange how the western world is so groomed and brainwashed into consuming. I suppose it's part and parcel of living in a capitalist society. We're conditioned to find comfort in buying shit and Black Friday is a prime example of this.

I found myself almost buying a half price Amazon Echo Dot the other day. I have no desire to have one and think they're pointless but the sense that I couldn't miss an amazing deal was quite over powering.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It's strange how the western world is so groomed and brainwashed into consuming. I suppose it's part and parcel of living in a capitalist society. We're conditioned to find comfort in buying shit and Black Friday is a prime example of this.

I found myself almost buying a half price Alexa the other day. I have no desire to have one and think they're pointless but the sense that I couldn't miss an amazing deal was quite over powering.

Ah yeah, I dont buy stuff I dont need. I save that for when I do a food shop and see buy one get one free.

richnrg

I’ve often thought if I ever win a large amount on the lottery. I’d love to live in America from the start of November to experience a proper Halloween , thanksgiving, proper winter.
They have Halloween in October there Daz, so I think you might be a bit late :happy:

pastythegreat

It has been below £30 this week, it's not worth it imo even at that price
Normally I'd agree. He normally gets last year's when this year's comes out. I've only just bought him 18 for the PS4 for a fiver from CEX. But as he's getting a new console (and I'd budgeted to pay £250 not the £160 I did) I thought I'd treat him.

SBAndy

Bought a new bed (had been waiting for the sale but needed a new one anyway) and a Now TV stick with 12mths Sky Entertainment package for £50.

Nick

Administrator
It's kind of moved beyond the electronics field mind. Strangest email I've had? Discounts on Black Friday fish...

Think every business will try to get in on it, it's the small businesses I feel sorry for that will end up making a loss to keep up.

Marty

Bought a new carpet today, it weren't in the sale or owt but I needed one so..... Coming out of work earlier was a nightmare due to the mong's going to get the 'bargains'.

Nick

Administrator
Bought a new carpet today, it weren't in the sale or owt but I needed one so..... Coming out of work earlier was a nightmare due to the mong's going to get the 'bargains'.

I'm just waiting for the boxing day sale at Next. Going to start backhanding some bitches to get some kid's clothes I don't even need.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Black Friday can f@ck right off.
If only the yanks had been Spanish , French or anything but English speaking perhaps we wouldn't join in with yet another fad.

Users who are viewing this thread